Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2015 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,909 posts in this topic

The Mets themselves realized the potential is now and went for it. Unlike the Nats a few years ago.

When they first started talking about shutting Matt Harvey down I said it would be a mistake. That all they needed to do is look at the Nationals and Strasburg to see that this might be their only shot at winning it all and to go for it! I bet for sure they're thankful they continued to pitch him.

Heh, the 2015 Braves end the season scoring exactly the same number of runs as the 2014 Braves, 573.

Yep, getting rid of all those strikeouts sure did make a difference.

It was a fun first week of the season going 7-1. We proved that good things happen when you put the ball in play.

For those that hate what the Braves did all you need to do is see what the Astros and Cubs are doing this year to see the future!!

What's that? Playoff flameouts?

Yeah Maitan is pegged as the next elite hitter coming over. He's seriously young still at 15 but he's already agreed to be a Brave. Scouts do compare him to Miguel Cabrera.

The kiss of death - comparing a prospect to a legend.

All good points.

And boy do we miss McCann.

I truly thought that McCann would be the next "Career Brave". I could have seen him having a reduced catching role over the next several years and giving him time at 1B, platooning him with a right handed batter at 1B. Yeah, they would have had to trade the poser Freeman for something of value but that would be fine with me.

It was a fun first week of the season going 7-1. We proved that good things sometimes happen when you put the ball in play, but a lot of other times you ground out or fly out weakly, creating an offense that cannot sufficiently score runs because of a lack of on-base skills and/or power.

Fixed for you.

Was just looking at some stats. 11 Braves tallied more 1.0 or more fWAR last season. Only 6 are still with the team.

1 (tie). Miller, Freeman 3.4

3. Simmons 3.2

4. Pierzynski 2.1

5. Wood 2.0

6. Markakis 1.6

7. Uribe 1.4

8. Grilli 1.2

9. Teheran 1.1

10. Peterson 1.1

11. Maybin 1.0

Was just looking at some stats. 11 Braves tallied more 1.0 or more fWAR last season. Only 6 are still with the team.

1 (tie). Miller, Freeman 3.4

3. Simmons 3.2

4. Pierzynski 2.1

5. Wood 2.0

6. Markakis 1.6

7. Uribe 1.4

8. Grilli 1.2

9. Teheran 1.1

10. Peterson 1.1

11. Maybin 1.0

Wow! I know Uribe was great for the very short time he was here last year but not that good. That's pretty amazing for how short of a period of time he was here.