Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2015 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,909 posts in this topic

With loss tonight, the Braves are guaranteed top 5 pick. With 3 games remaining the Braves are sitting on 3rd pick, 1 game behind Cincy for 2nd pick and 2 & 2.5 games games ahead of Oak and Colo for 3rd pick. **Colo still has a game to play tonight

If we sign a player that has a qualifying offer. Since we have a top 5 pick. Do we lose that pick?

All top 10 picks are protected so if we sign someone with a QO we'd lose our 2nd round pick instead of our 1st round pick.

Paco Rodriguez had Tommy John 2 weeks ago. Expected to miss most or all of 2016.

That sucks. I expect Wood to follow suit in the not so distant future, don't expect much from Peraza, and it's not like the other players involved mattered that much, but the only way they're going to make most fans feel forgiving about this trade now is for Olivera to make his flashes consistent and to hit a grand slam with the pick they got.

The Braves have proposed a massive new Spring Training complex in St Petersburg, FL. This has of course drawn the attention of the Rays and MLB as the Rays are attempting to build their own stadium. One of theories behind this move is it actually helps the Rays and their desperate hunt for a new stadium. The city council has already agreed to reopen the discussion on a new stadium.

02WEB_Toytown092315_750x525_15957857_8co

One of the ideas being tossed around for the possible motive

The Rays & MLB want a taxpayer-funded stadium at Toytown and – unable to negotiate with Pinellas County right now – the Rays have coordinated with the Braves, MLB, and developers to orchestrate a bait-and-switch. The proposed 10,000-seat stadium becomes a 25,000-seat stadium and the Rays move closer to the bay bridges. The Braves could even share Bright House Networks Field in Clearwater without major expenditures.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I really hope this comes to pass. The Braves and the Rays, my two favorite teams working together to get the Rays a new stadium to keep them in St. Pete.

On this day in 1997, John Smoltz totally shut down the Houston Astros in the NLDS to clinch the series and sent the Braves to the NLCS.

Boxscore ---> http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU199710030.shtml

Video ---> https://twitter.com/MLBNetwork/status/650385761401860096

Interesting side note, future Braves pitchers Shane Reynolds, Russ Springer and Tom Martin all pitched for the Astros in this game.

Braves can't even help us out and tank when it matters most.

These meaningless wins will give us "pride" and "momentum" heading into next year

Going into today's double header the Braves have the #3 draft pick, 1.5 games behind Cincy for #2 pick & 1.5 games ahead of Colo for #4 pick.

Going into today's double header the Braves have the #3 draft pick, 1.5 games behind Cincy for #2 pick & 1.5 games ahead of Colo for #4 pick.

Phillies and Reds half already clinched the #1 and #2 picks. Braves can only get #3 or #4.

Ok I admit I'm a little confused. Did Atlanta lose the tie breaker with Cincy? because with a win today by Cincy and 2 loses by Atl then both teams will go 65-97.

Ok I admit I'm a little confused. Did Atlanta lose the tie breaker with Cincy? because with a win today by Cincy and 2 loses by Atl then both teams will go 65-97.

I don't know how it's decided. I just remember what I saw posted on Twitter a couple days ago. That the Braves couldn't do any better than the #3 pick.

The Reds do own the tiebreaker so they have clinched the #2 pick

What is the tiebreaker? It's not head-to-head because the Reds beat the Braves in the season series 4-3 this year.

Its an odd one for sure. The tiebreaker is last seasons record. The Reds finished worse than Atlanta in 2014 so they get the higher pick.