Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2015 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,909 posts in this topic

Braves have hired former pitcher Mike Maroth as "rehab pitching coordinator". He'll be in charge of the rehabbing pitchers in the system. Maroth has spent the last 4 years as a pitching coach in the Tigers system.

Braves have hired former pitcher Mike Maroth as "rehab pitching coordinator". He'll be in charge of the rehabbing pitchers in the system. Maroth has spent the last 4 years as a pitching coach in the Tigers system.

Well we have enough of them..lol

Milwaukee Brewers named David Sterns from the Astros organization as their new GM. Coppy's name was mentioned at one point as a candidate but looks like he is staying in ATL which I think is good news for us.

Why would he stoop so low as to accept this job after a long career as NBA Commissioner?

He will be the most overworked human on the planet working for the Braves in this capacity. He will need a fleet of assistants to handle this workload.

It still doesn't make any sense. But coming from you that's not surprising.

My word, you started this attack. I just made a comment. I'm trying to be a nice guy and you incite me, knowing full well that what I said made sense. I cry FOUL!

Alright. I'll let you believe that if you want to. Have a good day.

What I meant was that after analyzing the sorry state of catching on this league, Bethancourt's play is somewhat more acceptable, especially at the league minimum he is being paid. Is that so hard to understand? I never said he was good.

What I meant was that after analyzing the sorry state of catching on this league, Bethancourt's play is somewhat more acceptable, especially at the league minimum he is being paid. Is that so hard to understand? I never said he was good.

Bethancourt has much to prove this postseason. Hopefully he can rise up to the occasion

What Bethancourt is being paid doesn't matter. That's totally irrelevant. Bethancourt's play is anything but acceptable. When you've got a catcher who struggles to just even catch the ball on a consistent basis it is in no way acceptable.

What Bethancourt is being paid doesn't matter. That's totally irrelevant. Bethancourt's play is anything but acceptable. When you've got a catcher who struggles to just even catch the ball on a consistent basis it is in no way acceptable.

You are exaggerating. It doesn't help your case.

You are exaggerating. It doesn't help your case.

I'm exaggerating? I've seen Bethancourt completely miss a ball that was knee high right down the middle and the Mets score a run from 3rd because of it. I eventually lost count at how many passed balls he has racked up in his short time in the majors.

I'm exaggerating? I've seen Bethancourt completely miss a ball that was knee high right down the middle and the Mets score a run from 3rd because of it. I eventually lost count at how many passed balls he has racked up in his short time in the majors.

He has 8 passed balls in 352 innings this year.

What you are describing is not "consistently missing balls". It's missing A ball. I've watched at least as much Bethancourt as you, he's got work to do, mostly on maintaining concentration, game calling, and pitch framing.

But it doesn't do you any good to be over-wrought, especially when you can easily look up his number of passed balls. Unless you like making it seem you can't count up to "8".

What you are describing is not "consistently missing balls". It's missing A ball. I've watched at least as much Bethancourt as you, he's got work to do, mostly on maintaining concentration, game calling, and pitch framing.

But it doesn't do you any good to be over-wrought, especially when you can easily look up his number of passed balls. Unless you like making it seem you can't count up to "8".

I wasn't just talking about the passed balls when I made my initial post about him having trouble consistently catching the ball.. I was also talking about blocking balls in the dirt too. Things a good catcher is known for. But why am I even having this conversation? Christian Bethancourt's defense leaves a lot to be desired. You know that so I don't know why you're even jumping on my case here.

Oh, and excuse the **** outta me for not taking the time to go and look up the exact number. Next time I'll do that so you don't say something silly like that last sentence you posted that was totally unnecessary.

I wasn't just talking about the passed balls when I made my initial post about him having trouble consistently catching the ball.. I was also talking about blocking balls in the dirt too. Things a good catcher is known for. But why am I even having this conversation? Christian Bethancourt's defense leaves a lot to be desired. You know that so I don't know why you're even jumping on my case here.

Oh, and excuse the **** outta me for not taking the time to go and look up the exact number. Next time I'll do that so you don't say something silly like that last sentence you posted that was totally unnecessary.

Of all people, YOU should know to come to the table with documented facts when K26dp is around. Dude will call you out every time, and rightfully so.

Open up a new browser, go to a site called "Google", type "baseball reference" in the search field and voila.