Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2015 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,909 posts in this topic

Hey k26dp, I have one question for you, what are the Braves going to do with all this money? You think they're signing Heyward or Justin back after this season when both, especially Heyward because of his defense and baserunning, will be getting over $200M? It's not going to happen.

The Braves would have at least spent 100 on him. They knew that would be the base. 100 million gets you a great player.

Someone please tell me how the Braves arent better right now. Not the 2015 Braves. The Braves as a franchise. Go ahead.

$100 million spent on a guy that got 55% more than $100 million. The Braves were never in on him. Lester probably laughed John Hart out of the room

Can someone do a rundown of the padres top prospects before these trades?

Didn't we get at least 4 of their top 10?

They learned a lesson after last season that teams aren't entirely built on paper, plus this team is going to get even younger after this season. Having a well known veteran presence was needed.

Why does a team need veteran presence if they're going to lose 100 games?

Thanks, I had just got myself excited to watch the team this year and then they turn around and do this the day before opening day. Sucks all the life out of the season. Probably the thing that upsets me off the most is that I never got to see Kimbrel pitch in a Braves uniform in person.

That's your fault. This team was not going to be good, and sooner or later Kimbrel was going to go. You should have known this.

Can someone do a rundown of the padres top prospects before these trades?

Didn't we get at least 4 of their top 10?

4 top 10 prospects from one of the worst teams in baseball (before their traded this offseason), I'm sure they're stellar players....

$100 million spent on a guy that got 55% more than $100 million. The Braves were never in on him. Lester probably laughed John Hart out of the room

Again. It's not about Hester. It's about he braves showing they'll spend.

I'm gonna laugh if we use bjs money to sign Heyward

I saw him twice and it just so happened both were blown saves lol

I think it was his third game that I went to. It was a sign of things to come when he loaded the bases but then struck out two and got out of the situation.

I will have to wait and see how this shakes out. I know why they traded Kimbrel. Doesn't mean i have to like it. Hopefully the Braves can finally sign a difference maker next offseason with all this money

Falconsfan567 likes this

Gained their #1 overall prospect - Check

Get from under BJ's contract - Check

Save $80 million in the deal...money we can use to aggressively improve our club over the next few years to accompany the young talent we are stockpiling - Check

Can unload Quentin after the season - Check

Gained an additional pick (41st) in this year's draft - Check

Unloaded the best closer in baseball, but by the time we are playoff contenders again, who knows how Kimbrel will be.

This trade is a win all the way around for us. I hate to see Kimbrel go, but this gives us tons of flexibility that will payoff in the coming years. It will crush the hearts of fans with a myopic view...but long term, this is a stellar trade for us.

Maybin's last contract year is also a team option so they can get rid of him as well.

4 top 10 prospects from one of the worst teams in baseball (before their traded this offseason), I'm sure they're stellar players....

Jace is our starting 2b. Wisler is the 34yh prospect in all of baseball. Mallet has the potential to be Michael bourn

I will have to wait and see how this shakes out. I know why they traded Kimbrel. Doesn't mean i have to like it. Hopefully the Braves can finally sign a difference maker next offseason with all this money

#BringBackJhey

K26dp likes this

Also. The padres got Upton and kimbrel with the prospects we now have.

We can trade for almost whoever we want with our farm system.

I think it was his third game that I went to. It was a sign of things to come when he loaded the bases but then struck out two and got out of the situation.

Remember that game like it was yesterday. 8th inning of a Sunday afternoon game against the Royals in 2010. He loaded the bases with nobody out and then got 2 strikeouts and a pop out to end the inning. Then in the bottom of the 9th Troy Glaus went deep for the walkoff.

The Padres had one of the better farm systems going into this offseason and we have pillaged it by trading one year of Justin and sacrificing Kimbrel to get rid of Melvin, and even there we got their top prospect.

Remember that game like it was yesterday. 8th inning of a Sunday afternoon game against the Royals in 2010. He loaded the bases with nobody out and then got 2 strikeouts and a pop out to end the inning. Then in the bottom of the 9th Troy Glaus went deep for the walkoff.

That was a fun team to watch. Went into the season with zero expectations due to the hodge podge nature of the team but Bobby worked his magic one last time. They started to break down during the stretch but they competed until the last.

Falconsfan567 likes this

That's your fault. This team was not going to be good, and sooner or later Kimbrel was going to go. You should have known this.

It's my fault that I didn't have the money to be able to go to a game? Sorry but not everyone lives around Atlanta and has the luxuary to just go to a game and then go to work the next morning with no issues. No, when you live out of state you've got to have money for gas, food, hotel costs, ticket prices, ect. It has to be a planned trip and if you've not got a little extra money from each pay check to put up for it then you can't go to a game, especially when I was unemployed until June 30th of last year. But thanks for being a jackass about it! I guess you had nothing better to say about it.

BTW, Wisler is without a doubt now the Braves #1 prospect. He will be in the rotation, probably as soon as this year unless they want to slow is service clock.

BTW, Wisler is without a doubt now the Braves #1 prospect. He will be in the rotation, probably as soon as this year unless they want to slow is service clock.

I wonder how they'll work in these prospects if we're actually competing

Exactly. I understand why they traded Kimbrel and have posted on here that I would be in support of it for the right package in return, but I just don't see it in this deal.