Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2015 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,909 posts in this topic

Hey, give me a break. I rattled those names off from memory. I'm on my phone. tongue.png

Oh I wasnt hating your spelling. Im hating how he pronounces it lol.

And what if half of those guys never make it?

Then we still have 6 good baseball players for 6 years of control each.

You honestly think the Braves didnt know hed cost a bunch? Come on now.

I am 1000% sure if the Braves knew Lester was gonna get over $150 million they would have never even looked at him

He's the guy that is going to playing CF for the Braves this year.

doubt that. But if he is starting a .249 average is better than we ever got from bj and for Mich cheeper

11127882_732072810242687_701560985264742

If there's a silver lining, it's that the Phillie's are now ranked 31st in terms of "worst team in the MLB for 2015."

On a serious note though, just a salary dump that netted us a couple of scrubs to cut loose after the season, a couple of good prospects, and money and team flexibility after this year.

He's the guy that is going to playing CF for the Braves this year.

If he can stay healthy, he's a better outfielder than EYJ and probably a better hitter than Melvin.

If not, we win 70 games instead of 72.

If John Hart was so dead set on trading anyone that makes money (except Freeman) then why in the heIl did he sign Nick Markakis? Please someone explain that to me if John Hart is such a ******* genius and the Braves are going to become a World Series winning dynasty starting next year?

If John Hart was so dead set on trading anyone that makes money (except Freeman) then why in the heIl did he sign Nick Markakis? Please someone explain that to me if John Hart is such a ******* genius and the Braves are going to become a World Series winning dynasty starting next year?

take a deep breath bud. Look at it in a good way. If you can spend this much aggression on something as trivial as a game, you probably have a pretty good life

I am 1000% sure if the Braves knew Lester was gonna get over $150 million they would have never even looked at him

The Braves do this for a living. Im quite sure they knew that the #1 pitcher on the market would make a ridiculous amount. Again, come on now.

11127882_732072810242687_701560985264742

If there's a silver lining, it's that the Phillie's are now ranked 31st in terms of "worst team in the MLB for 2015."

We have a farm system and financial flexibility due to the trades this season so in all likelihood they'll bounce back after this season. The Phillies? Well, they're going to get older, can't spend, and they have nothing in the farm system. They haven't even begun to bottom out.

So youre saying 6 will make it? Ill take that.

So only 6 above-average to good players for 3 of the 15-20 best players in the NL and I'm suppose to be doing jumping jacks of celebration?

The Braves do this for a living. Im quite sure they knew that the #1 pitcher on the market would make a ridiculous amount. Again, come on now.

OK that's why the Braves weren't even in the discussion after Lester left town and went to visit other teams

So only 6 above-average to good players for 3 of the 15-20 best players in the NL and I'm suppose to be doing jumping jacks of celebration?

Yes. 6 good players for 1 player that would be on your roster in 2 years. Thats an amazing turn around.

Do what you want, dude. Go punch kitten.

OK that's why the Braves weren't even in the discussion after Lester left town and went to visit other teams

The Braves would have at least spent 100 on him. They knew that would be the base. 100 million gets you a great player.

Someone please tell me how the Braves arent better right now. Not the 2015 Braves. The Braves as a franchise. Go ahead.

mookie3127 likes this

Who said he was a genius? I'm just saying this was a good trade.

take a deep breath bud. Look at it in a good way. If you can spend this much aggression on something as trivial as a game, you probably have a pretty good life

Thanks, I had just got myself excited to watch the team this year and then they turn around and do this the day before opening day. Sucks all the life out of the season. Probably the thing that upsets me off the most is that I never got to see Kimbrel pitch in a Braves uniform in person.

We have a farm system and financial flexibility due to the trades this season so in all likelihood they'll bounce back after this season. The Phillies? Well, they're going to get older, can't spend, and they have nothing in the farm system. They haven't even begun to bottom out.

I forgot to add my serious note in that post, but it's been edited. biggrin.png

They learned a lesson after last season that teams aren't entirely built on paper, plus this team is going to get even younger after this season. Having a well known veteran presence was needed.

Thanks, I had just got myself excited to watch the team this year and then they turn around and do this the day before opening day. Sucks all the life out of the season. Probably the thing that upsets me off the most is that I never got to see Kimbrel pitch in a Braves uniform in person.

I saw him twice and it just so happened both were blown saves lol

Gained their #1 overall prospect - Check

Get from under BJ's contract - Check

Save $80 million in the deal...money we can use to aggressively improve our club over the next few years to accompany the young talent we are stockpiling - Check

Can unload Quentin after the season - Check

Gained an additional pick (41st) in this year's draft - Check

Unloaded the best closer in baseball, but by the time we are playoff contenders again, who knows how Kimbrel will be.

This trade is a win all the way around for us. I hate to see Kimbrel go, but this gives us tons of flexibility that will payoff in the coming years. It will crush the hearts of fans with a myopic view...but long term, this is a stellar trade for us.

AF89 likes this