Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

2015 Atlanta Braves Regular Season Thread

1,909 posts in this topic

Love this trade. We went from winning 78 games to 74 games this season, but gained money, flexibility, and talent that could let us rebound as soon as next year. Braves fans should be jumping for joy.

What talent did the Braves get that will help them next year and in the future?

Love this trade. We went from winning 78 games to 74 games this season, but gained money, flexibility, and talent that could let us rebound as soon as next year. Braves fans should be jumping for joy.

Exactly. I'll take this year as a L and watch the Braves contend for years to come later

we picked up a nice pitcher. Plus anyone else in cf will be an improvement

That the Phillies can't unload a relatively cheap elite talent like Hamels for a couple of elite prospects should be more than enough to tell you how overrated the top ranked prospects have become. They did the smart thing by targeting a bunch of B level prospects and good upside starters instead of banging their head against the wall trying to get more blood from a rock like they have been in Philadelphia.

I also find it funny that people were gung ho about moving Gattis with BJ just to get rid of him but when they do just that but with Kimbrel they flip out. Quit your bitching and take a nap.

You're really going to compare Craig Kimbrel to Evan Gattis and have the balls to tell me to stop bitching? That's ludicrous and you know it. You should be ashamed to even put the two in the same sentence.

we picked up a nice pitcher. Plus anyone else in cf will be an improvement

Clearly you've no nothing about Cameron Maybin and his career .246/.309/.365 batting line.

You mean beside Matt Wisler, Max Fried, Jace Peterson, Dustin Peterson, Tyrell Jenkins, Shelby Miller, Mallex Smith, Rio Ruiz, Manny Banuelos, Ricardo Sanchez, and Mark Foltynevich?

They don't have to be superstars. They just have to be good. Depth in baseball is what makes dynasties.

We just got the Padres #1 prospect....

You mean beside Matt Wisler, Max Fried, Jace Peterson, Dustin Peterson, Tyrell Jenkins, Shelby Miller, Mallex Smith, Rio Ruiz, Manny Banuelos, Ricardo Sanchez, and Mark Foltynevich?

They don't have to be superstars. They just have to be good. Depth in baseball is what makes dynasties.

WE GOT NUFFIN

K26dp likes this

Clearly you've no nothing about Cameron Maybin and his career .246/.309/.365 batting line.

where did I say anything about Maybin?

You're really going to compare Craig Kimbrel to Evan Gattis and have the balls to tell me to stop bitching? That's ludicrous and you know it. You should be ashamed to even put the two in the same sentence.

Yes, Evan Gattis is more valuable.

You do realize that with the money we just freed up we can sign a "superstar"?

What superstar are the Braves going to sign? You know **** well the Braves ain't going to pony up $200 plus million dollars to land a superstar player. Liberty Media would never allow it.

You do realize that with the money we just freed up we can sign a "superstar"?

We gave up a superstar closer, a superstar left fielder, a defensive superstar in right field, and one of the better hitting and cheapest catchers in baseball and this team looks terrible. The size of baseball contracts now just says we will get one good player

What superstar are the Braves going to sign? You know **** well the Braves ain't going to pony up $200 plus million dollars to land a superstar player. Liberty Media would never allow it.

So we wasted Jon Lesters time?

Maybin and Quintin are irrelevant. They are placeholders that have value in not being Melvin Upton in 2017.

Lester was just the Braves getting a feel for what he'd want, I guarantee you they ran away from him when the numbers were put on the table

We just got the Padres #1 prospect....

Who's nothing more than yet another B level prospect who may or may not make it in the majors. You should know from years of watching the Braves that just because you've got guys that are B level prospects there's no guarantee they're going to make it to that potential for whatever reason.

The real issue here is how you pronounce foltynewitz as foltynevich. Witz does not make the vich sound.

So Melvin for a fraction of the cost that can be used to grab someone better down the road

We gave up a superstar closer, a superstar left fielder, a defensive superstar in right field, and one of the better hitting and cheapest catchers in baseball and this team looks terrible. The size of baseball contracts now just says we will get one good player

Oh c'mon. Heyward was a superstar too. :)

Lester was just the Braves getting a feel for what he'd want, I guarantee you they ran away from him when the numbers were put on the table

You honestly think the Braves didnt know hed cost a bunch? Come on now.

Who's nothing more than yet another B level prospect who may or may not make it in the majors. You should know from years of watching the Braves that just because you've got guys that are B level prospects there's no guarantee they're going to make it to that potential for whatever reason.

if the team is as bad as you say why would we keep kimbrel? A closer only helps if you are winning

Once the price on Lester went north of $130M the Braves stopped talking to him. Like I said, the Braves aren't going to pony up what it takes to sign an elite free agent. We'll never outbid the Red Sox, Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs or Angels as long as we're stuck with the worst TV deal in the majors and they've got more TV money in one year than the Braves entire payroll.

The real issue here is how you pronounce foltynewitz as foltynevich. Witz does not make the vich sound.

Hey, give me a break. I rattled those names off from memory. I'm on my phone. :p

Maybin and Quintin are irrelevant. They are placeholders that have value in not being Melvin Upton in 2017.

They're both useless but they can stop being useless for us after this season. The Padres will still be stuck with Melvin for two years and will still have to pay him $30 million after this season.

And what if half of those guys never make it?