What Two Things Dose Quinn And Reeves Have In Common?

Draftnut57

Run First ! Great D# ! Nuff said,,, This will make this team the best team since Dan Reeves era. And just think if Dan had the talent we have now with his philosophy! He would have never lost,, He took a bunch of no names with the right philosophy and led them to a Superbowl game... It's all about strategy and philosophy first , then the right players to fit the system.. Run first and Great D. Lastly,, This team talent wise is 50% better than Reeves team was.. take that along with now the right coach and system.. only equals one thing.. The best team .... It's amazing how big a deal it is the Run first. Not second .... Happy Easter everybody,, Thank God ,,,, Jesus rose from the grave.... The worst day and the best day in History of man kind Happened 3 days apart. Jesus died on Friday, but 3 days latter He Arose on Sunday. Because He lives , we can live also.... Hope you have a great Easter... DN

I thought Kelly was our 2nd round pick in 1999 who we traded up to get?

That's what I get for going off of memory, rather than looking it up....my point was Reeves had a hard-on for drafting TEs....we draft OJ Santiago in 97, Reggie Kelly in 99, and Crumpler in 2001.

Kinda like some (not mentioning any names) on this board are about WRers!

smile.png

Edited by Vandy

When did Reeves ever hire Mike Shanahan to run his offense?

Think mid-80s...Orange Crush...bad blood...

Dan Reeves hired Mike Shanahan as a wr coach, then later promoted him to OC. Then Elway and Shanahan plotted behind his back to get him fired.That led to Dan Reeves catching a one way ticket to NY, and Shanahan getting the Denver HC gig.

Think mid-80s...Orange Crush...bad blood...

Dan Reeves hired Mike Shanahan as a wr coach, then later promoted him to OC. Then Elway and Shanahan plotted behind his back to get him fired.That led to Dan Reeves catching a one way ticket to NY, and Shanahan getting the Denver HC gig.

Ah. Interesting. Well Shanahan had stints as the Raiders HC and the 49ers OC before getting the Broncos HC. I didn't know about him being the Broncos OC.