Last Mock Draft

Most likely scenario to me is Ray, Fowler, Beasley, and Williams are all off the board before we pick. i'm just trying to be real, Beasley and them won't be there at 8.

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston QB

2. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota QB

3. Jacksonville- Leonard Williams DL

4. Oakland- Dante Fowler DE

5. Wasthington- Vic Beasley OLB

6. New York - Kevin White WR

7. Chicago - Shane Ray DE

8. Atlanta- ........

Route 1

Round 1:

Trae Waynes CB (Michigan ST)- I don't believe in taking a project like Dupree. I just would like to see more on film Dupree at 8 here would be a reach in my opinion. Take the best corner or pretty much the best player off the board. To me it's between Trae Waynes, Danny Shelton, and Amari Cooper. I don't think I need to explain why the pick isn't Amari Cooper, we have plenty D tackles right now, we need a defender that effects the pass more, so I went with Trae Waynes.

Round 2: Notable players off the board(Eric Flowers, Shaq Thompson, Eli Harold, Todd Gurley, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Melvin Gordon, Eric Kendricks, T.J. Clemings, DJ. Humphries)

Nate Orchard DE (Utah)- I envisioned the pick being between Orchard, Preston Smith, Quinton Rollins, Max Williams, and Laken Tomlinson. We picked up secondary so Rollins is out, I do see him dropping to our pick though. I saw balancing out our defense over adding to the O-line, Smith is the more complete player by far, but I see Orchard being the better pass rusher so I went with him.

Round 3: Notable players off the board(Donovan Smith, Mario Edwards Jr, Danielle Hunter, Ali Marpet, Jay Ajayi, Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Paul Dawson, Stephone Anthony, A.J. Cann)

Trey Flowers DE (Arkansas)- I was considering either Arie Kounandjo, Tevin Coleman, Hau'oli Kihaha, Denzel Perryman, or Ben Koyack here. Kihaha isn't really a scheme fit for me, I think he is more suited as a 3-4 rush linebacker, Perryman has coverage problems for me. He hits like no other, I just don't see him as an every down player. I see him going to a 3-4 inside guy anyway. I see Coleman being there at our 3rd round pick, but I would rather wait on a running back. It really came down to Kounandjo or Flowers because I think tight end can wait and is less important right now which the teams present construction. I went with Flowers thinking we need more players to attack the QB. That being a more serious need over a OG in a zone blocking scheme. We could very well be okay there given we have a balanced offense.

Round 4: Notable players off the board(Ben Koyack, Denzel Perryman, Zadarius Smith, Nick Oleary, Clive Walford, Kwon Alexander, Darryl Williams, T.J Yeldon, Djoun Smith, Josh Shaw, Jesse James, Jeff Huereman)

Tyler Kroft TE (Rutgers)- I was considering Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Mike Davis, Chris Conley, David Cobb, Mitch Morse, and Cedric Reed here. I think these are the guys we would possibly be staring at in the fourth round. All in all it came down to Ekpre-Olomu, Davis, and Kroft. We could have a probowl top 10 talent in Ekpre-Olomu but the knee, don't know anything about his medical but if he fizzles out it wouldn't hurt as much. Davis has injury and fumble problems that worry me, dude has never been healthy, so I went with Kroft here, I love his tape and I don't see any of the tight ends we picked up making that big of a difference, Kroft gives us something to look forward to in the future.

Round 5: Notable players off the board(Mike Davis, David Cobb, Christian Covington, Karlos Williams, Eric Rowe, Javorious Allen, Zach Hodges, Malcolm Brown, Tyrus Thompson, Cedric Ogbuehi, Markus Golden, Anthony Chickillo)

Dominique Brown RB (Louisville)- I see there being a big run on running backs in the second and fourth, if you pay attention, there is always one every year. I see us participating in it on the tail end beginning of the fifth. The pick was between Sean Hickery, Brown, Tarrence Magee, Cameron Artis-Payne, Ellis McCarthy, and Nick Boyles. At this point I just can't see myself drafting O-line because we don't need depth there and who knows they might just do better than last year if the offense is balanced, so Hickery was out. I personally have Ellis McCarthy rating higher than the majority he could be available later, risky pass. I like Boyles but I took Kroft, Magee and Brown were the better backs out of the three, Magee is a vsion back kind of a guy but i love Brown's upside. I thought he would fit best with Freeman.

Round 6: Notable players off the board(MyCole Pruitt, Quinton Diggs, Jake Ryan, Blake Bell, Corey Crawford, Tyler Varga, Jalston Fowler, Lynden Trail, Ray Drew, Matt Jones, Cameron Artis-Payne, Ellis McCarthy)

Martrell Spaight LB (Arkansas)- It came down to Josh Robinson, Michael Dyer, Shaquille Riddick, and Spaight. We have already drafted two DEs, Robinson or Dyer would be the fourth running back on the roster but at the end it was who would contribute the most on special teams. I see Spaight being able to do that, not only because of his position on the field but because of the speed he possesses. He's a quick twitch athlete at linebacker. Plus like Kroft, I love his game tape. Side line to side line guy for real, yeah he's undersized but he's a guided missile out there, he hits everything.

Round 7: Cam Thomas CB (Western Kentucky)- Add speed to defense and depth to secondary.

Round 7: (Comp) Micheal Orakpo (Texas State)- Injury risk, character risk, but tremendous upside, why not bring in Brian's little brother.

Route 2: Same players available at each pick

Round 1: Arik Armstead DE (Oregon)- Simply taking the best player available at the top position of need. Armstead will get the job done. Between him and Dupree, I'm taking Armstead, I don't trust the tape as far as Dupree. He could develop into a great player, I just don't want to take that risk at 8. Armstead is a monster, his tape shows you, that's what I'm putting my chips in on when it comes to both being there at 8.

Round 2: Quinton Rollins CB/S (Miami, Ohio)- He played corner in college but I see him as more of a center fielder for us in the NFL. Yes, I see him dropping out of the first and I would love to see him in Falcon black.

Round 3: Arie Kounandjo OG (Alabama)- We need some talent along both fronts offensively and defensively. The thing is offensive lines are good when they play as a unit. It's a good chance that we don't need to necessarily spend an early pick, especially with the zone blocking being implemented. This means a more balanced offense. Kounandjo could very well be a immediate starter for us which is why I went ahead with this pick anyway.

Round 4: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB (Oregon)- I'm taking the risk. I would love to have 3 corners in our defense who you could consider starters anywhere else. If he heals up fine we could very well have our Brent Grimes back just with a different name.

Round 5: Cedric Reed DE (Texas)- Again was considering Ellis McCarthy here, but we have so many decent DT's, I think we are good along the interior D-line. Cedric Reed is a freak of nature, big guy who can move, what Quinn is looking for.

Round 6: Josh Robinson RB (Mississippi State)- Go with a big back too add to our stable. I see him also adding a little bit in special teams as well.

Round 7: Derrick Malone Jr LB(Oregon)- Just noticed how many players I picking up from Oregon. I just really like his tape as a 7th rounder he has pretty good speed. I think he would be a very good add to our special teams.

Round 7 (Comp): Will Tye TE (Stony Brook)- He's a 6'3 267lb TE who ran a 4.47 at his pro day at Stony Brook, don't know much about him but Randy Cross really like him. Taking this pick just on a hunch.

Edited by datchrisb1

datchrisb, I see your strategic thinking, and it makes alot of sense (especially like Orchard and Kounandjo), but I just think we are determined to come out fo Round 1 with a pass rusher this time, and the two guys remaining have the physical skills to justify being picked there over the CB, so here's mine based on your scenarios:

(1) OLB/DE either Randy Gregory or Bud Dupree, depending on which one Quinn et al feels is the man who will fit their schemes the best (my preference is Gregory)

(2) ILB Stephone Anthony

(3) TE Clive Wafford (very tempted to grab Koundandho)

(4) S Eric Rowe

(5) WR Chris Conley

(6) BPA OG

(7) BPA OT

Edited by Vandy

datchrisb, I see your strategic thinking, and it makes alot of sense (especially like Orchard and Kounandjo), but I just think we are determined to come out fo Round 1 with a pass rusher this time, and the two guys remaining have the physical skills to justify being picked there over the CB, so here's mine based on your scenarios:

(1) OLB/DE either Randy Gregory or Bud Dupree, depending on which one Quinn et al feels is the man who will fit their schemes the best (my preference is Gregory)

(2) ILB Stephone Anthony

(4) S Eric Rowe

(5) WR Chris Conley

(6) BPA OG

(7) BPA OT

yeah I guess, but to me Gregory is most likely off there board completely. The source of the Falcon filter is Arthur Blank not Mike Smith. Dupree has that I'm a good player but don't study my tape, look at my workouts whole thing going for him. I pass on Dupree st 8, at 8 he's a reach.

(2) ILB Stephone Anthony

(4) S Eric Rowe

(5) WR Chris Conley

(6) BPA OG

(7) BPA OT

I do think we are drafting a RB late, we have our 3rd WR on the team already between Reedy, Amsterdam, and Hester we are set there. It want be that type of offense.