To Those That Actually Played Defense Beyond Hs ....

Then you should understand how you felt in the 4th quarter after spending 45 minutes chasing down, being trucked over by, and trying to tackle a world class azz beater like a Todd Gurley or a Marshawn Lynch compared to how you felt entering the 4th after pounding a guy like Freeman into the dirt for 3 quarters....carry on you resident fangirls..........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel 8 is too high but I would love to pass on all these top PR picks and pick up Gurley and another 1st round player

I feel 8 is too high but I would love to pass on all these top PR picks and pick up Gurley and another 1st round player

Yep, you guys have officially pushed me to not want and borderline hate the idea of Todd Gurley being a Falcon. The same thing was done last year with Clowney.

At least Clowney addressed our actual biggest need.

Problem was wanting to trade 2 whole drafts for him.

This Gurley talk is just ridiculous.

Deepest draft @ RB in 10 years so lets bust our nut with our highest pick to take the 1st one.

Then you should understand how you felt in the 4th quarter after spending 45 minutes chasing down, being trucked over by, and trying to tackle a world class azz beater like a Todd Gurley or a Marshawn Lynch compared to how you felt entering the 4th after pounding a guy like Freeman into the dirt for 3 quarters....carry on you resident fangirls..........

Your kind of losing me here. Who in the world thinks that Gurley isn't a more "talented" back than someone like Devonta Freeman? He's more physical clearly. I just don't get the point in starting a thread to say nothing more than Gurley is better than Freeman, and calling out "resident fan girls."

Is this in response to your defense of ffs70 in the other thread?

If the irony here beat you over the head any more, it'd be Greg Hardy.

Lets be serious also about Gurley outside of what he can do on the field the commercial value for the Falcons ie Arthur Blank is huge I think this is also another good reason why the Falcons may well take Gurley over alot of other RB's.

I've been wondering how Blank would get this whole PSL marketing thing into high gear. To me it seemed bringing in Rex Ryan as HC would've provided that excitement, not to mention some sorely needed defensive expertise, but Blank had the opportunity to do that and blew it off.

Getting Dan Quinn is a big plus for the franchise, but hardly a household name-promotional tool to sell out PSL's. Much too big of a task for a rookie HC to pull off. I get it now; Blank orders up a big-name stud in free agency to get the fans' collectively salivating over those PSL's right? uh, no.

So, ergo, it has to be the stupendous, block-buster, insane, first round, top-ten Dirty Bird draft pick of the millennium that's going to drive those PSL sales up and over the top, right? I smell Gurley at #8 cuz dem PSL sales can't wait! Who needs a pass rush, or a defense period, when your O is racking up 650 yards per game, with 500 of that coming on the ground? tongue.png