If Top Edge Rushers Are Gone At 8...

I'm not an expert, but with the trade back scenario, if we can't get what we want with our own pick why trade back to get a player that we didn't really want (i.e. Bud Dupree)?? I get the taking of extra draft pick(s), but I'm just not understanding the logic vs BPA. I also understand the argument for paying a player more than they would more than likely get if the draft was to play itself out.

For instance, if the top edge rushers are off the board, I'd probably go with Scherff as our o-line needs to be addressed still as opposed to trading back, picking up a player like Bud Dupree and do whatever with the extra pick.

If you guys could help me see your point of view with the trade back scenario, it would be greatly appreciated

If they are all gone I'd rather trade back

Exactly.

Maybe even if one of them IS there.

Adding a second rounder is very attractive with the number of holes we have.

Trade for Cleveland's #12 and their second for our first.

1) Bud Dupree or Eli Harold

2a) Nate Orchard

2b) Bernardrick McKinney

3) Phillip Dorsett

4 positions with automatic upgrades.

Exactly.

Maybe even if one of them IS there.

Adding a second rounder is very attractive with the number of holes we have.

Trade for Cleveland's #12 and their second for our first.

1) Bud Dupree or Eli Harold

2a) Nate Orchard

2b) Bernardrick McKinney

3) Phillip Dorsett

4 positions with automatic upgrades.

Do you think they'd trade 12 & 19 for 8?

I think all this love with Beasley is a funny thing. Before the combine people thought he was a top 20 at best. Now suddenly he is the best ever because of a combine? I really dont get this..

A superior performance at the Combine can be a huge difference in how a player is rated. You do understand that is why they have a Combine and everybody doesn't just go by game film, right? Not that difficult to understand how Beasley's draft stock could rise from his Combine unless you just dropped in from Mars.