Going Clear Documentary On Hbo

Mr. Hoopah!

I'm someone who is generally fascinated with Scientology's general kookiness so I didn't really learn much that I hadn't already read but the interviews with some of the organizations former top brass was some very damning evidence if you ever doubted some of the stuff previously published.

Can't remember if they said so in the documentary but their theft and raids on IRS offices are supposed to be the largest theft of U.S material/intelligence from a non foreign power in history.

That part I didn't understand - did they just waltz into government offices and take files?

I've never read up on Scientology, my knowledge was limited to the South Park episode on it. The Xenu stuff is nuts, but the abuse, harassment/surveillance, and the insane legal tactics - I had no idea.

Lol I'm not sure I had even ever heard of Scientology until that South Park episode, but I've read up on alot since. I think what most shocked me is the borderline slavery they get away with practicing amongst young people born into their "religion"

That part I didn't understand - did they just waltz into government offices and take files?

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-scientologysidec062490-story.html

The way I understand it is Operation "Snow White" was basically carried out Watergate style, nighttime burglaries, (with some inside help) while being sure to leave a few bugs behind. Whats messed up is other than a few convictions they got away scot-free in the end. The IRS even pardoned their 2 billion dollar tax debt.

Does Tom Cruise legitimately believe this stuff?

Yeah It seems like it but the documentary all but hinted that John Travolta may be being blackmailed to keep up his affiliation with them least Scientology release whatever damning personal information they may have on him. (Probably his sexuality)

http://www.cnn.com/US/9612/19/scientology/index.html?eref=sitesearch

Another scary incident that didn't get mentioned in the documentary is, what happened to a support group known as Cult Awareness Network back in the 90's whose aim was helping people who were previously indoctrinated into various cults acclimate back into normal society.

At some point they caught the eye of the Church of Scientology who sued them into bankruptcy before buying the remaining husk and converting it into their own recruiting operation that they still operate to this day.

It's nuts they are that rich, and that powerful, despite their membership dropping to only 50,000 worldwide. For perspective, that's less than half of the number of people Jehovah's witnesses believe will be called into heaven before the apocalypse.

Someday that Muscavich guy is going to die and they're probably going to face the prospect of either toning down the craziness or stop existing (the world is far more guarded against them than we were 10 years ago). Then again alot of people said the same thing about Kin Jung Il and North Korea so who knows.

Someday that Muscavich guy is going to die and they're probably going to face the prospect of either toning down the craziness or stop existing (the world is far more guarded against them than we were 10 years ago). Then again alot of people said the same thing about Kin Jung Il and North Korea so who knows.

He worked his way up the ranks, there are a dozen of his successors waiting in the wings. Unless he is so paranoid he took them all out like he did with the Sea Org prison camp.

He worked his way up the ranks, there are a dozen of his successors waiting in the wings. Unless he is so paranoid he took them all out like he did with the Sea Org prison camp.

It'll probably someone highup like some of the people in the documentary that no longer buys the Hubbard song and dance but bidded their time and don't want to give up their power over all that sweet sweet $$$ and eventually they'll reshape their "religion" until it's more corporate friendly.

That's what's touched on in the first hour, but ultimately lost because everything since then was so nuts, but great googly-moogly LRH was batshit ******* crazy. And he lied about his service. What a piece of ****. Cruise saluting his portrait at his "awards ceremony" was disgusting.

That's what's touched on in the first hour, but ultimately lost because everything since then was so nuts, but great googly-moogly LRH was batshit ******* crazy. And he lied about his service. What a piece of ****. Cruise saluting his portrait at his "awards ceremony" was disgusting.

Buddy was crazy but also maybe a little crazy like a fox too. He invented a religion that earned tremendous endless amounts of cash and power over young coeds out at sea, who by the way saw him as equal parts war hero and their messiah. Absolutely no way he wasn't abusing that.

He was definitely both. He knew he needed to turn it into a religion so it wouldn't be taxed, but someone in the doc, I think one of the investigative journalists, said LRH really believed in all that stuff, otherwise he would have ran off with all of the money at some point. Instead he died in hiding.