Everyone Keeps Saying Trade Up For Gurley. Why Do I Never See Mg3?

xskyx

Want to tell me how Gordon averaged 1.4 yards more per carry for his college career getting stuffed on 20% of his plays?

I'd love to hear a logical explanation on that.

Do you know how 400 yard games skew stats ? ....man I give up, you did not even know that 20% of Gordons carries were for loss or no gain ? ...I like him, but he is not the overall talent Gurley is...but I don't really expect you to understand how all this works anyway bro, you a good fan though....

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to tell me how Gordon averaged 1.4 yards more per carry for his college career getting stuffed on 20% of his plays?

Gordon broke longer runs. Gurley was more consistent. Think CJ2K vs. Marshawn Lynch. When it's 3rd/4th and short, statistics be damned, who you givin the ball to?

Scout: Todd Gurley best RB in draft since Adrian Peterson

Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, C.J. Spiller and LeSean McCoy are just a few of the top running backs to come out of the NFL draft since the Minnesota Vikings made Adrian Peterson the No. 7 overall pick in 2007.

And none of them, according to an NFL talent evaluator who spoke to NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport, measures up to Georgia's Todd Gurley. The evaluator said Gurley rates as the best prospect the league has seen since Peterson came out of Oklahoma. That's a bold statement, although strangely enough, there are those who believe Gurley won't even be the first back chosen in his own draft.

Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon, who unlike Gurley isn't recovering from ACL surgery, could get the nod. At this point, however, all six NFL Media analysts who have posted mock drafts project Gurley to go ahead of Gordon -- including one mock that has him going No. 6 overall. Analyst Bryan Baldinger believes Gurley is the most talented player in the entire draft.

Teams in need of a running back, probably early in the draft, include the Oakland Raiders (No. 4), San Diego Chargers (No. 17), and Dallas Cowboys (No. 27). Whether will Gurley will fall far enough for Dallas to select him, however, is highly questionable.

Gurley, for his part, told SiriusXM NFL Radio that his rehabilitation remains on schedule, and that he is planning to return to Indianapolis on April 17 to have his knee checked by combine doctors.

he'll just be another garbage Wisconsin back in the nfl anyway

Gordon is awesome. Not the all-around player Gurley is.

Gurley is the best player in the draft. I don't care about RB value. He'll have more of an instant impact on the team that drafts him than any other single player barring injury.

I still think we should go passrusher, because we at desperate for one, but I absolutely believe Gurley is worth it.

Gordon broke longer runs. Gurley was more consistent. Think CJ2K vs. Marshawn Lynch. When it's 3rd/4th and short, statistics be damned, who you givin the ball to?

but but but........stats, metrics and matrixes are the standard bearer and end all be all of the great wisdom of TATF ! .....,everything here is written in stone, for gods sake man, Gordon got 400 in one game so he will be immortal ! ...but but but ............

Gordon is awesome. Not the all-around player Gurley is.

Gurley is the best player in the draft. I don't care about RB value. He'll have more of an instant impact on the team that drafts him than any other single player barring injury.

I still think we should go passrusher, because we at desperate for one, but I absolutely believe Gurley is worth it.

Wow.....someone besides me finally / actually said it ...........hard to believe !!!

barney-stinson-quotes-awesome-instead-52

All of you are wrong. I'm going to say it one last time. Jay Ajayi will be the best draft choice at RB. If you need more proof look at his stats and who else besides the Falcons (I'll give you a hint, they just won a Super Bowl)are looking at him. Gurley and Gordon will both be the next Richardson and Bush of NFL RB's. Trade back and get a few more picks. The pass rushers that are at the top look weaker every day.

I'm not big on following draft stuff this year, so forgive me for not knowing..

Other than UGA homerism, why does it seem that everyone screams for a Gurley trade up instead of a Gordon trade up/down? Isn't he a safer choice? Less injury concerns, powerful..

I hope the Falcons never draft any UGA player. The UGA homers will scream and pray for the dawg to play. Gurley has had a severe ACL injury even though he was suspended and did not play a full season.

Is he AP and not lose a step? Who knows? If he is here in the 3rd maybe take a chance.

Gurley has had a severe ACL injury even though he was suspended and did not play a full season.

Is he AP and not lose a step? Who knows? If he is here in the 3rd maybe take a chance.

I agree I would not take him any earlier than the third just because of injury concerns

I don't get the injury issue. It's definitely a concern but it isn't a deciding factor.

EVERY rb gets hurt. It's not a matter of if, but when. Gordon will have his share of missed games. Every rb does. The best rb in the league is injury prone.

I don't get the injury issue. It's definitely a concern but it isn't a deciding factor.

EVERY rb gets hurt. It's not a matter of if, but when. Gordon will have his share of missed games. Every rb does. The best rb in the league is injury prone.

Sir, Gurley is already injured and is not in the NFL yet.

They do not understand the difference between a simple ACL and a complete hyper extension .....ALL knee injurys are career enders ......rolleyes.gif

They do not understand the difference between a simple ACL and a complete hyper extension .....ALL knee injurys are career enders ......rolleyes.gif

The only back I can think of without injuries is lynch. Is there even one other rb who hasn't missed significant time?