Nfl Media Analyst Davis Says Falcons Take Gurley #8

PokerSteve

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No question, TD would be chased out of town if we picked Gurley (or any offensive player for that matter) at #8. In fact, I would be leading the charge, pitchfork and flaming torch in hand...and I like the guy!

This is usually what happens to those that " lead the charge "

tumblr_mvxq9hcN8h1so6ie7o1_500.jpg

And we could do a LOT better. Like taking anybody along the OL or DL. It's not like we don't sorely need either one.

Sure buppy ! Scherff will be a much more better football player than Gurley !!! ......yayyyyyyyy !!!! you win the interwebz, can not get good guards or fat azz DTs in the 2nd or 3rd !!! Yaaaayyy !!!!

Is everybody just ignoring the fact Shannahan is known for and takes pride in getting production out of low round RBs? If he thinks he can get production in his system out of anyone, why would we use an extremely valuable pick on a RB?

Also, as a UGA fan, the fact that Chubb came in as a true freshman and 4th stringer and looked just as good a Gurley makes me wonder if the oline didn't get enough credit for Gurley's success (Gurley had 7.41 Y/C last year and Chubb had 7.04).

Is everybody just ignoring the fact Shannahan is known for and takes pride in getting production out of low round RBs? If he thinks he can get production in his system out of anyone, why would we use an extremely valuable pick on a RB?

Also, as a UGA fan, the fact that Chubb came in as a true freshman and 4th stringer and looked just as good a Gurley makes me wonder if the oline didn't get enough credit for Gurley's success (Gurley had 7.41 Y/C last year and Chubb had 7.04).

Yes, Shanny is a wizard and a god !!! Yayyyyy !!!!!!!!!!

And we could do a LOT better. Like taking anybody along the OL or DL. It's not like we don't sorely need either one.

There were probably Cardinals fans saying the same thing when the Cardinals passed on Adrian Peterson for Bad, Bad Levi Brown.

There were probably Cardinals fans saying the same thing when the Cardinals passed on Adrian Peterson for Bad, Bad Levi Brown.

Baddest Kat in the whole dammm town !!! .......can not lie, I wanted us to draft him at the time to my eternal shame LOL ....Willis was my #1 though in that draft....

Didn't want to use a single other 1st round RB in the last 10 years as an example?

Please tell me why not?

The Falcons would have been better off Drafting Marshawn Lynch than Jamaal Anderson?

Think about it. The Falcons wouldn't even need their own Marshawn Lynch right now.

So everyone wants to draft a pass rusher at #8. I am not saying it is a bad idea but lets not forget Justin Houston (3rd round and #70 overall) led the league in sacks last year. My point is you don't have to take a pass rusher in the first either. I will not lie, I want Gurley. I would like to trade back up into the first to get him but hey I have no control over it and no matter who it is we draft i will be a fan because they are a Falcon. Stop acting like you are going to leave the boards if they don't draft the player you want.

AS a UGA fan and alum, you can watch Gurley run and tell he's pure skill and the O Line had nothing to do with him breaking tackles, dragging defenders down field as well as hurdling them. He's a beast. Will be in the NFL.

AS a UGA fan and alum, you can watch Gurley run and tell he's pure skill and the O Line had nothing to do with him breaking tackles, dragging defenders down field and well as hurdling them. He's a beast. Will be in the NFL.

Why don't we just wait for Chubb then. He had a similar Y/C in more games with more carries last year and none of the injury or durability concerns.

Why is this so complicated? Stop fixating on our number 1 need. Yes we need defense and we especially need a pass rusher. But if the top 2-3 guys aren't there you take the player that's makes your team better. Gurley is one of those guys. I don't care he plays RB. He is awesome and makes the offense a legit top 10.

Remove Tampa and NO games and its barely top 20. You can't expect Julio to have 200 yard games every week.

Why is this so complicated? Stop fixating on our number 1 need. Yes we need defense and we especially need a pass rusher. But if the top 2-3 guys aren't there you take the player that's makes your team better. Gurley is one of those guys. I don't care he plays RB. He is awesome and makes the offense a legit top 10.

Remove Tampa and NO games and its barely top 20. You can't expect Julio to have 200 yard games every week.

You prefer we 'fixate' on our 8th or 9th need?

We need pass rush, ILB, , OG, TE, RT, WR, CB more than we need an injury prone RB

Wow. Just WOW. Last in defense but we should go RB.

Well if he is on my fantasy team then I do expect him to have 200+ yards every game but that is just wishful thinking

AS a UGA fan and alum, you can watch Gurley run and tell he's pure skill and the O Line had nothing to do with him breaking tackles, dragging defenders down field and well as hurdling them. He's a beast. Will be in the NFL.

Most of his clown job haters here never actually watched him in a game....they just like to flap their gums of hate in ignorance and stupidity, the twin hallmarks of TATF.....,