Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

316 posts in this topic

heck, as good as Gurley is - even w/o the ACL, he has an injury history (before the ACL) that scares me. He is a player that consistently got injured every year - throw the ACL, previous injury history and devaluing of the "bell-cow" RB in the NFL - and taking Gurley in the top 10 - is just poor GM-ing to me.

And I love Gurley.

+1 from a fellow UGA alum.

heck, as good as Gurley is - even w/o the ACL, he has an injury history (before the ACL) that scares me. He is a player that consistently got injured every year - throw the ACL, previous injury history and devaluing of the "bell-cow" RB in the NFL - and taking Gurley in the top 10 - is just poor GM-ing to me.

And I love Gurley.

And I dislike Gregory or any alledaged pass rusher at #8..not named VB.

Injury scares me less than a pot issue in Atl.

Ok, I've made my position clear. I don't believe Gregory will make it in the pros. Too light, too high a risk of suspensions.

But ultimately it is all just opinions at this point. If we do draft him, I'll hope for the best and I'll cheer for him.

Fair enough?

dozer likes this

Ok, I've made my position clear. I don't believe Gregory will make it in the pros. Too light, too high a risk of suspensions.

But ultimately it is all just opinions at this point. If we do draft him, I'll hope for the best and I'll cheer for him.

Fair enough?

lol that's the only thing all of can do as fans
dozer likes this

And I love Gurley.

I agree with you G-Dawg. I think that Gurley is a phenomenal player, but his injury history can not be ignored. He may turn out to be the best player in this draft, but odds are that he will continue to be limited by injuries.

If, by some miracle, he falls into the second round, I would draft him. But, I would not take him in the first round, especially in the top ten.

dozer, citsalp and g-dawg like this

And I dislike Gregory or any alledaged pass rusher at #8..not named VB.

Injury scares me less than a pot issue in Atl.

Ummm... it's pretty easy to find pot anywhere. Don't think we're at a greater risk for a pot related issue than any other team.

Good post. It definitely enlightened me as to why I didn't see the explosion and consistent pass rush. Now I'll admit, this guy doing the video goes over the top with the blow-fest, but I've changed my tune on Gregory. Again, good analysis, but the gushing was a little much. I'd be happy with him at 8.

g-dawg likes this

I agree. I won't say he doesn't have talent, but I've watched 4 or 5 games..entire games..and a bunch of scout tape and even highlights of him. I keep seeing same thing:

1) great length

2) very lean

3) athletic, but oddly not fluid...weird saying that but watch him and watch say an Abraham in his prime

4) I'm not seeing immense power and his first step is ok

Is he highly rated in this draft? Sure. But is he a 8 overall guy? I wouldn't take him. Particularly with the latest drama.

Honestly, I'm a beasley guy first and foremost. Dupree intrigues me, as he's simply raw but such a great athlete. But is he 8 overall worthy? Hard to say.

Beyond those two, I'm really looking at the best level of prospects on the edge. Take a nate orchard, Kikaha, Hunter, Harold or countless others in 2nd or later and develop them

What frustrates me this year are silly comments like Landon Collins can't cover...which is untrue if you actually watch his GAMEs...yet folks will salivate over flawed edge rushers.

I can't believe people are hating on Gregory did you see the post at:24 he ran from one side of the line all the way around the other side and made the tackle... Definitely worth an number8 pick

I can't believe people are hating on Gregory did you see the post at:24 he ran from one side of the line all the way around the other side and made the tackle... Definitely worth an number8 pick

I'm leaning toward Gregory too as the talent to me is obvious, but there are the character issues there not to like. Definitely not the smartest tool in the shed.

Also, not mentioned much here, but Gregory does have some history of injuries....bad knee last year and broken leg in 2012.

Good post. It definitely enlightened me as to why I didn't see the explosion and consistent pass rush. Now I'll admit, this guy doing the video goes over the top with the blow-fest, but I've changed my tune on Gregory. Again, good analysis, but the gushing was a little much. I'd be happy with him at 8.

Yes him also

Gregory Hageman Soliai Clayborn

Durant Worrilow/Draft Reed/Shembo

Tru Dez/Draft WillyMo Alf

I'm leaning toward Gregory too as the talent to me is obvious, but there are the character issues there not to like. Definitely not the smartest tool in the shed.

Also, not mentioned much here, but Gregory does have some history of injuries....bad knee last year and broken leg in 2012.

Ever top pass rusher either had injury or not great production

MHO.. Gregory got hurt in 12 and produce in 14 with little to no help and I think coach Quinn and coach Cox can keep Gregory in line look what Cox did with Hageman

Ever top pass rusher either had injury or not great production

MHO.. Gregory got hurt in 12 and produce in 14 with little to no help and I think coach Quinn and coach Cox can keep Gregory in line look what Cox did with Hageman

That's what I'm hoping too....but Hageman isn't dumb, he just needed someone to lite a fire under his @ss.....The last thing Gregory needs is to be 'lit up' (pun intended) but I do have serious concerns on Gregory's emotional intelligence.....he supposedly did not impress in his pro interviews .....

That's what I'm hoping too....but Hageman isn't dumb, he just needed someone to lite a fire under his @ss.....The last thing Gregory needs is to be 'lit up' (pun intended) but I do have serious concerns on Gregory's emotional intelligence.....he supposedly did not impress in his pro interviews .....

Hageman is pretty dumb. Dude can barley talk.

Same with Gregory just need someone to stay on him... With Quinn Cox Smith Ulrich how can we go wrong with this guy this is our John Abrahams 2.0 right here with a splash of Jason Taylor

Go get em Pioli

This guy will probably be an NFL bust and those of you clamoring for us to draft him while leaving the likes of Gurley, Cooper, etc. on the board will be choking on your foolish tears......

Watch his game tape, he is not a very good pass rusher. He has no pass rush moves or bullrush to speak of.. He was not consistently double teamed in college or game planned for, as a matter of fact Pellini had to move him around to find mismatches for him because he could not consistently beat Big Ten OTs.....undersized and doesnt blow you away off the line.....his weed issue just icing on the cake......

Yet some you guys will be " fine " with him........good god man........

This guy will probably be an NFL bust and those of you clamoring for us to draft him while leaving the likes of Gurley, Cooper, etc. on the board will be choking on your foolish tears......

Watch his game tape, he is not a very good pass rusher. He has no pass rush moves or bullrush to speak of.. He was not consistently double teamed in college or game planned for, as a matter of fact Pellini had to move him around to find mismatches for him because he could not consistently beat Big Ten OTs.....undersized and doesnt blow you away off the line.....his weed issue just icing on the cake......

Yet some you guys will be " fine " with him........good god man........

This. Dude was consistently blown off the ball and was one of the last off the line. He'd be worth a gamble if we were choosing in the late 20's, but at 8, you need an impact player. Cooper, Waynes, and Scherff would all come in and be an impact. Teams would have to account for them each game. The same cannot be said about the habitual pot user.

freebird310 likes this