Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

he's heIl bent on drafting Gurley at 8 when he can easily be acquired while gaining more picks in the process. The same people who ***** and complain about not having a pass rush for years are willing to pass on the chance to get a top pass rusher for a running back in a year the position is deep as shyt. Can't take the people on this website no more serious than the media should be taken.

I'm not a Gurley fan nor do I have anything against him but it's just not worth it at #8. Heck Gregory could probably be had a few spots back as well. Sweet talk Cleveland out of their 2 first rounders and its possible the Falcons could have both IF the Falcons really want both or either

I am a Gurley fan

I am a UGA alum and fan

and, wait for it...................................I don't want to draft Todd Gurley.

There is a method to the madness in teambuilding.

You get your QB first - check!

You get your LT as soon as you can so your QB does not get killed - finally, check!

somewhere in the next 1-2 moves is acquiring a passrusher. With RBs and the NFL, we have seen them become interchangeable and RB by committee. The SB champs had a new guy play RB every week (Patriots) - if you establish a dominant offensive line, then any decent RB can run behind it. DeMarco Murray is a dayum good RB but I guarantee you the RBs in Dallas (whoever they will be) will do fine running behind that Cowboys O-Line.

Grabbing a guy like Gurley or trading for Adrian Peterson is a "cherry-on-top" type of move for a team that is mostly complete.

Falcons have a lot of building to do on this 53 man roster to get competitive again. We've added some useful chess pieces but we need some foundation upper scale talent to add to our front 7 - passrusher needs to be the move at #8 - however, if we did deviate from passrusher, I would draft Scherff and install him as starting LG before I drafted Gurley. Our O-Line is still not up-to-par.

We will draft a passrusher - Beasley, Fowler, Ray or Gregory - one of those four most likely - maybe Dupree.

Mekias and ya_boi_j like this

agreed. that is when you know someone(i.e. freebird) has shutoff his mind to Randy Gregory - to say he watched this 15minute vid and "nothing impressed me at all" - shows a level of an unwillingness to be objective and a closed mind.

he's heIl bent on drafting Gurley at 8 when he can easily be acquired while gaining more picks in the process. The same people who ***** and complain about not having a pass rush for years are willing to pass on the chance to get a top pass rusher for a running back in a year the position is deep as shyt. Can't take the people on this website no more serious than the media should be taken.

I'm not a Gurley fan nor do I have anything against him but it's just not worth it at #8. Heck Gregory could probably be had a few spots back as well. Sweet talk Cleveland out of their 2 first rounders and its possible the Falcons could have both.

You know what, Dawg you are right, I have shut my mind to him at #8 because I got a real feeling he is going to be an epic bust.....what I see is Dion Jordan 2.0 and I think NFL OTs and even big strong TEs are going to eat this guys lunch. From what I see this guy is never going to sniff All Pro which is what you want with the #8 pick. He may end up being serviceable no one really knows, but I can just bet what TATF chuckleheads will say when he turns into the next JA98 type bust....

It saddens me that so many of my fellow fans would look at this tape and want THAT for our #8 pick.....sad.png I truly believe KOG may be the only poster on this forum that knows what he is looking at when he breaks down the pass rushers....

And BoiJ, you are dead wrong, I do not even want Gurley with the 8, I am merely trying to smash thru the wall of ignorance that surrounds him on this forum from ignorant chuckleheads that know nothing about him....I want an EDGE menace at 8, but if we are left with the likes of Gregory at 8, then give me Gurley, White, Cooper, Scherf, Landon, ANYONE but this guy.....

Either way, I am keeping my mouth shut till after the draft, I need a serious break from this place, truly I do not derive much pleasure from it anymore, just irritation.....I will see you guys after the draft.....,

I am a Gurley fan

I am a UGA alum and fan

and, wait for it...................................I don't want to draft Todd Gurley.

You get your LT as soon as you can so your QB does not get killed - finally, check!

somewhere in the next 1-2 moves is acquiring a passrusher. With RBs and the NFL, we have seen them become interchangeable and RB by committee. The SB champs had a new guy play RB every week (Patriots) - if you establish a dominant offensive line, then any decent RB can run behind it. DeMarco Murray is a dayum good RB but I guarantee you the RBs in Dallas (whoever they will be) will do fine running behind that Cowboys O-Line.

Grabbing a guy like Gurley or trading for Adrian Peterson is a "cherry-on-top" type of move for a team that is mostly complete.

Falcons have a lot of building to do on this 53 man roster to get competitive again. We've added some useful chess pieces but we need some foundation upper scale talent to add to our front 7 - passrusher needs to be the move at #8 - however, if we did deviate from passrusher, I would draft Scherff and install him as starting LG before I drafted Gurley. Our O-Line is still not up-to-par.

We will draft a passrusher - Beasley, Fowler, Ray or Gregory - one of those four most likely - maybe Dupree.

Well said

I absoloutely LOVE Gregory and this video is amazing, watched every second of it. Quinn would turn him into something special !

g-dawg and Mekias like this

You know what, Dawg you are right, I have shut my mind to him at #8 because I got a real feeling he is going to be an epic bust.....what I see is Dion Jordan 2.0 and I think NFL OTs and even big strong TEs are going to eat this guys lunch. From what I see this guy is never going to sniff All Pro which is what you want with the #8 pick. He may end up being serviceable no one really knows, but I can just bet what TATF chuckleheads will say when he turns into the next JA98 type bust....

It saddens me that so many of my fellow fans would look at this tape and want THAT for our #8 pick.....sad.png I truly believe KOG may be the only poster on this forum that knows what he is looking at when he breaks down the pass rushers....

And BoiJ, you are dead wrong, I do not even want Gurley with the 8, I am merely trying to smash thru the wall of ignorance that surrounds him on this forum from ignorant chuckleheads that know nothing about him....I want an EDGE menace at 8, but if we are left with the likes of Gregory at 8, then give me Gurley, White, Cooper, Scherf, Landon, ANYONE but this guy.....

Either way, I am keeping my mouth shut till after the draft, I need a serious break from this place, truly I do not derive much pleasure from it anymore, just irritation.....I will see you guys after the draft.....,

lmao you don't want Gurley at #8 but you are spending time making the case for him to be the #8 pick. If you don't want him, you should make that known when you are trying to get whatever it is you are trying to get through others head as you say.
Mekias likes this

1. Dion Jordan is not a bust. He was drafted for a 3-4 defense which the Dolphins stopped using. So right now the Dolphins haven't been using him correctly which was why he was on the trade block last year. They demanded a high price for him because they know how good he is. Lamar Holmes made Dion Jordan look all-world when we played the Dolphins.

2. Randy Gregory is a lot more like JA55 than JA98. Except that Gregory is a better run defender.

3. I'm really tired of people s***ing on any of 4 big pass rushers in the draft (Beasley, Fowler, Ray, Gregory). If we get *any* of them are defense gets an upgrade. There will likely only be 1-2 of them available when we pick. So let's take whichever one we can get and be happy. Stop pizzing and moaning!

That is blasphemy .....and Dion Jordan sux, that is why he is PED loser, he is desperate for anything to put him over the top.....

That is blasphemy .....and Dion Jordan sux, that is why he is PED loser, he is desperate for anything to put him over the top.....

I'd be willing to be that your all time favorite players probably did something against the rules to get the advantage one way or another.

lmao you don't want Gurley at #8 but you are spending time making the case for him to be the #8 pick. If you don't want him, you should make that known when you are trying to get whatever it is you are trying to get through others head as you say.

Got no problem taking him at 8 if Beasley and Fowler are gone....I would move down for Dupree, I like him but not at 8 .....thing is I do not think we will find a trade down partner....

I'd be willing to be that your all time favorite players probably did something against the rules to get the advantage one way or another.

He still sux though......

Got no problem taking him at 8 if Beasley and Fowler are gone....I would move down for Dupree, I like him but not at 8 .....thing is I do not think we will find a trade down partner....

like I said in another post, IF the Falcons could sweet talk Cleveland into trading both of their first rounders, you can possibly have your pass rusher and RB in the first round. Only thing I'm saying is why *****(not you) for years about pass rush then when the opportunity comes to get a top guy, now all of a sudden the Falcons should pass on them. It's silly to me. Alot of guys aren't gonna be worth being drafted where they get drafted, happens every year

I am a Gurley fan

I am a UGA alum and fan

I would take Schreff over Gregory and Gurley as well...at #8.

Gregory is the cherry on top move...with all the risk.

I am not a UGA fan.

I would take Schreff over Gregory and Gurley as well...at #8.

Gregory is the cherry on top move...with all the risk.

I am not a UGA fan.

disagree w/ you on Gregory - but at least we agree on Scherff over Gurley.

Last year at around the #17 spot in the draft, Jerry Jones resisted being Jerry Jones and took LG Jonathan Martin/Notre Dame over Johnny Football - you know he has to be thrilled(Jerry) to have resisted being himself. Had the Cowboys taken Johnny Football, that team would have been a zoo and the running for Murray would not have been as good.

Forget opinions ... let's just look at the facts ok?

Fact: Gregory has multiple failed drug tests.

Fact: Gregory has admitted to having a major problem with Marijuana.

Fact: Gregory's failed drug test at the NFL combine counts as his "first strike" under NFL rules.

Fact: Gregory is one positive drug test away from a 4 game suspension.

Fact: Gregory is two positive drug tests away from at least a 10 game suspension.

Fact: Gregory is three positive drug tests away from a 2 year suspension.

These are the facts, yet you claim "stop the madness" and draft the guy. I say "stop the madness" and avoid the guy.

Yup, ^^ Those are the facts, along w/ Gregory's weighting in @ 235 lbs. @ the combine & being a little light.

Everything else regarding him & the other prospects & how they project in the NFL is someone's prediction & speculation.

Forget the filter, do you believe that any 1st year HC building a team & a culture would risk drafting Gregory with his 1st pick in his 1st draft as HC?

Especially this year where pass rusher is abnormally deep?

People think that we will draft a guy in the 1st round & pay him millions & then have to babysit him in the hopes he doesn't test positive again for MJ again & get suspended.

Drafting him is too much of a risk that we do not have to take & I don't see it happening.

In the end, the only opinion on any of these guys that matters is Quinn & Co.& there are much safer options w/ talent to have to risk drafting Gregory.

And who the he!! else plays on that Nebraska defense? Any other impact players? I do know none are coming out this year but Gregory.

As a matter of fact there won't be another Nebraska player in the first 3 rounds most likely.

Clemson has 3 1st or 2nd rounders on their defense. But that didn't help Vic Beasley at all.... :rolleyes:

I've called you now a couple times and you keep ducking the question. Why does Gregory get dominated on pretty much every snap when hes up against a NFL calibre Olineman like Scherf, Donavan Smith, Banner, Lewan?

Also it's funny how many excuses these guys have for Gregory. If you know what to look for on tape then the original video posted shouldn't point out anything new to you. Gregory as of right now is more of an athlete than a pass rusher and it's not even really debatable. This is coming from someone who would take him at #8 based on his immense potenial.

Yup, ^^ Those are the facts, along w/ Gregory's weighting in @ 235 lbs. @ the combine & being a little light.

Everything else regarding him & the other prospects & how they project in the NFL is someone's prediction & speculation.

Forget the filter, do you believe that any 1st year HC building a team & a culture would risk drafting Gregory with his 1st pick in his 1st draft as HC?

Especially this year where pass rusher is abnormally deep?

People think that we will draft a guy in the 1st round & pay him millions & then have to babysit him in the hopes he doesn't test positive again for MJ again & get suspended. Too much risk & I don't see it happening.

In the end, the only opinion on any of these guys that matters is Quinn & Co.& there are much safer options w/ talent to have to risk drafting Greegory

While I like Beasley - I was concerned about his weight. Most on this board were concerned about him weighing 220-235 - same w/ Gregory. The early on-boarders w/ Beasley said "don't worry about his weight - he's a player". I think I was wrong about being concerned about Gregory/Beasley's weight before and I think those of you making a big deal about Gregory's weight now are wrong.

At almost 6'5" and 34 inch arms, Randy Gregory is going to fill that frame out over the next two years. I believe he weighed around 240 at his pro-day and he will likely be at about 255lbs two years from now. Playing the LEO position at 245-260, he's gonna be just fine.

Mekias likes this

While I like Beasley - I was concerned about his weight. Most on this board were concerned about him weighing 220-235 - same w/ Gregory. The early on-boarders w/ Beasley said "don't worry about his weight - he's a player". I think I was wrong about being concerned about Gregory/Beasley's weight before and I think those of you making a big deal about Gregory's weight now are wrong.

At almost 6'5" and 34 inch arms, Randy Gregory is going to fill that frame out over the next two years. I believe he weighed around 240 at his pro-day and he will likely be at about 255lbs two years from now. Playing the LEO position at 245-260, he's gonna be just fine.

g-dawg, his weight? really? That's what you took from my post? Don't ignore the elephant in the room in regards to Gregory.

Yeah he's beast. I'm sure he'll fill into his frame & if/when he's on the field I am not concerned with his play.

His weight is the least of his problems, but thought it was worth mentioning since that was the biggest knock on Beasley (before the combine anyway).

g-dawg likes this

disagree w/ you on Gregory - but at least we agree on Scherff over Gurley.

Last year at around the #17 spot in the draft, Jerry Jones resisted being Jerry Jones and took LG Jonathan Martin/Notre Dame over Johnny Football - you know he has to be thrilled(Jerry) to have resisted being himself. Had the Cowboys taken Johnny Football, that team would have been a zoo and the running for Murray would not have been as good.

I would take Scherff/Hurley over Gregory at #8.

JJ was saved from himself(hog tied and duct taped)...not taking Manziel.

AB should go all out for the impact player that satisfies his base and delivers a need and he can market(not a phuck up either)...VB.

And who the he!! else plays on that Nebraska defense? Any other impact players? I do know none are coming out this year but Gregory.

As a matter of fact there won't be another Nebraska player in the first 3 rounds most likely.

Clemson has 3 1st or 2nd rounders on their defense. But that didn't help Vic Beasley at all.... rolleyes.gif

I agree with this for 2014 but Beasley has produced all three years he has had decent playing time. It's important to also note that in 2012 and 2013, Clemson's defense was not all that good. In fact in 2013, Beasley was the anchor for the defense and was even more productive that year. I'd argue that these other guys had a good year because of teams having to worry about Vic and not the other way around. If you are a big football fan and are from upstate SC as I am, you know Clemson football (though I despise them) but Beasley is the real deal and my #1. I've not knocked any of the other guys beyond to say that Gregory was a project (but maybe not as much as I thought) but still the weed thing bothers me just because he is already flirting with suspension. Dupree is too raw for me but could maybe be molded.

Beasley > Fowler > Ray = Gregory >> Dupree in my book.

I would take Scherff/Hurley over Gregory at #8.

JJ was saved from himself(hog tied and duct taped)...not taking Manziel.

AB should go all out for the impact player that satisfies his base and delivers a need and he can market(not a phuck up either)...VB.

heck, as good as Gurley is - even w/o the ACL, he has an injury history (before the ACL) that scares me. He is a player that consistently got injured every year - throw-in the ACL, previous injury history and devaluing of the "bell-cow" RB in the NFL - and taking Gurley in the top 10 - is just poor GM-ing to me.

And I love Gurley.

heck, as good as Gurley is - even w/o the ACL, he has an injury history (before the ACL) that scares me. He is a player that consistently got injured every year - throw the ACL, previous injury history and devaluing of the "bell-cow" RB in the NFL - and taking Gurley in the top 10 - is just poor GM-ing to me.

And I love Gurley.

+1 from a fellow UGA alum.

heck, as good as Gurley is - even w/o the ACL, he has an injury history (before the ACL) that scares me. He is a player that consistently got injured every year - throw the ACL, previous injury history and devaluing of the "bell-cow" RB in the NFL - and taking Gurley in the top 10 - is just poor GM-ing to me.

And I love Gurley.

And I dislike Gregory or any alledaged pass rusher at #8..not named VB.

Injury scares me less than a pot issue in Atl.

Ok, I've made my position clear. I don't believe Gregory will make it in the pros. Too light, too high a risk of suspensions.

But ultimately it is all just opinions at this point. If we do draft him, I'll hope for the best and I'll cheer for him.

Fair enough?

dozer likes this

Ok, I've made my position clear. I don't believe Gregory will make it in the pros. Too light, too high a risk of suspensions.

But ultimately it is all just opinions at this point. If we do draft him, I'll hope for the best and I'll cheer for him.

Fair enough?

lol that's the only thing all of can do as fans
dozer likes this

And I love Gurley.

I agree with you G-Dawg. I think that Gurley is a phenomenal player, but his injury history can not be ignored. He may turn out to be the best player in this draft, but odds are that he will continue to be limited by injuries.

If, by some miracle, he falls into the second round, I would draft him. But, I would not take him in the first round, especially in the top ten.

dozer, g-dawg and citsalp like this