Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

Every expert I know has said if you can't get Williams its a real toss up. All of what's left is overrated due to the present nature of the game, so you have to work no matter what and its pick your poison...basically. In other words it comes to "who do you want". No one is actually going to make a real case for who the better player is in the four guys. Its just Fowler is the MOST polished, and the others are interesting. You can actually throw Dupree in for good measure...who I didn't even care for until I got an understanding.

I just watched this entire thing and came away totally unimpressed, seemed like a shill thing his agent must have fronted and 15 of you were impressed by this chit ? .....OMG,OMG, all I got to say, do not want ......

Knight of God likes this

I just watched this entire thing and came away totally unimpressed, seemed like a shill thing his agent must have fronted and 15 of you were impressed by this chit ? .....OMG,OMG, all I got to say, do not want ......

The vid is very true, but how many ex football players don't know this? You are a lot like me. You know what you want out of the defense and he is not it. He may actually be effective, but its just not hitting. I know some really love him because he was the top edge rusher for a while and others because of his celebration. I prefer any of the other three if we have to do something, but beasley is more my style of player. Ray would be as well, but that foot injury scares me.

The vid is very true, but how many ex football players don't know this? You are a lot like me. You know what you want out of the defense and he is not it. He may actually be effective, but its just not hitting. I know some really love him because he was the top edge rusher for a while and others because of his celebration. I prefer any of the other three if we have to do something, but beasley is more my style of player. Ray would be as well, but that foot injury scares me.

Nothing about that 15 minutes impressed me at all bro....and TATF is now shilling for this guy at 8 ? ......holy fk ......

Nothing about that 15 minutes impressed me at all bro....and TATF is now shilling for this guy at 8 ? ......holy fk ......

Me neither. It was true for what it was worth though. Basically just an explanation of a scheme if you ask me. This board shills for a lot of guys who leave me ???

freebird310 likes this

you couldn't justify a player who was top ranked before... At 8

No I can not justify it. Not with the talent that I think will be on the board and still fills a big need. He enters the league already in step 1 of the substance abuse policy. He was one more test away from being suspended at Nebraska and admitted to smoking in December. It is not even the fact that he smoked pot. It is the fact that he thought so little about his responsibility to his team mates his family and his future. All he was concerned about was Randy and that is just stripping everything down to its most basic element. He has clearly shown that he can not be depended on to do the mature professional thing. Not that I am not for 2nd chances but I think he never learns his lesson if he still goes in the top 10

dozer likes this

It was brought up before about how Gregory was forced to play "tackle reads", and people tried to make it seem like it was because he was just simply bad at getting off. Glad this guy broke it down and explained how Polini was the reason behind that. I hope we take him even before Beasley. The guy is long, and lengthy with a great combo of power and speed. It's a plus playing for a coach like Bo Polini, who as stated in the video is all about playing discipline football. If Quinn pulls the trigger on him, I will be completely sold on us having a championship defense by next year.

It was brought up before about how Gregory was forced to play "tackle reads", and people tried to make it seem like it was because he was just simply bad at getting off. Glad this guy broke it down and explained how Polini was the reason behind that. I hope we take him even before Beasley. The guy is long, and lengthy with a great combo of power and speed. It's a plus playing for a coach like Bo Polini, who as stated in the video is all about playing discipline football. If Quinn pulls the trigger on him, I will be completely sold on us having a championship defense by next year.

LMFAO.....

dozer likes this

Nothing at all? Him completely manhandling Flowers? Not a lot of people have put Flowers on skates, much less at 230lb. I understand not liking Gregory but I just don't think that's fair.

g-dawg likes this

People keep pointing to this game to try and make a point with Gregory. Now, I like Gregory a decent bit, if only because I think he has one of the highest ceilings in the draft...but let's get one thing straight. He didn't manhandle Flowers. At all. Matter of fact, that play people keep pointing out at :47 has Flowers trip over the Guard's foot. It's not Gregory bullrushing the crap out of him, it's Flowers getting a bit too close inside (those choppy feet of his) and tripping. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

Also, people keep posting videos of Gregory that only show his good plays, or neutral/ones he's heavily involved in. That Purdue one is a prime example, but so's the Miami one I just intentionally posted. For some reason, there are a lot of his games on YT that don't show the plays where he doesn't do well, and it gives people the wrong impression. Here's every snap of his in the Miami game.

Where was the first snap where Flowers pancakes him after he loses his footing rushing the passer? Right, it's not included in the other Miami video. Gets shoved down again around 30 seconds in, if anything he's the one getting bullied a lot of this video. And the video in the OP doesn't show how inconsistent he is off the snap even when he's told to rush the passer specifically. If that wasn't enough, he spends the majority of his snaps this game facing the RT Gadbois, not Flowers. Educate yourselves. Gregory is a serious work in progress.

dozer and Tuggle'2 like this

People keep pointing to this game to try and make a point with Gregory. Now, I like Gregory a decent bit, if only because I think he has one of the highest ceilings in the draft...but let's get one thing straight. He didn't manhandle Flowers. At all. Matter of fact, that play people keep pointing out at :47 has Flowers trip over the Guard's foot. It's not Gregory bullrushing the crap out of him, it's Flowers getting a bit too close inside (those choppy feet of his) and tripping. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

Also, people keep posting videos of Gregory that only show his good plays, or neutral/ones he's heavily involved in. That Purdue one is a prime example, but so's the Miami one I just intentionally posted. For some reason, there are a lot of his games on YT that don't show the plays where he doesn't do well, and it gives people the wrong impression. Here's every snap of his in the Miami game.

Where was the first snap where Flowers pancakes him after he loses his footing rushing the passer? Right, it's not included in the other Miami video. Gets shoved down again around 30 seconds in, if anything he's the one getting bullied a lot of this video. And the video in the OP doesn't show how inconsistent he is off the snap even when he's told to rush the passer specifically. If that wasn't enough, he spends the majority of his snaps this game facing the RT Gadbois, not Flowers. Educate yourselves. Gregory is a serious work in progress.

I agree. I won't say he doesn't have talent, but I've watched 4 or 5 games..entire games..and a bunch of scout tape and even highlights of him. I keep seeing same thing:

1) great length

2) very lean

3) athletic, but oddly not fluid...weird saying that but watch him and watch say an Abraham in his prime

4) I'm not seeing immense power and his first step is ok

Is he highly rated in this draft? Sure. But is he a 8 overall guy? I wouldn't take him. Particularly with the latest drama.

Honestly, I'm a beasley guy first and foremost. Dupree intrigues me, as he's simply raw but such a great athlete. But is he 8 overall worthy? Hard to say.

Beyond those two, I'm really looking at the best level of prospects on the edge. Take a nate orchard, Kikaha, Hunter, Harold or countless others in 2nd or later and develop them

What frustrates me this year are silly comments like Landon Collins can't cover...which is untrue if you actually watch his GAMEs...yet folks will salivate over flawed edge rushers.

The word "potential" gets brought up too much when Gregory is evaluated against a guy like VB at #8

I would rather have actuallity over potentiality...VB better than Gregory at 8 or before.

Gregory could be a steal in the draft and should be treated as such...not worth a top 10 pick IMHO.

Knight of God and dozer like this

You cannot discount Beasley for having great talent around him. Beasley will be a great pick if he's there. I'd sure as heck like the other 2 studs Clemson had as well. Gregory is going to be a great player, if he gets off the weed. I bet he does. He's a good kid, plays hard and wants to be the best. Either way, we will get Beasley or Gregory, or if they're gone, we will Grab Shane Ray.

Oh, and lest we forget that Clemson had Stephon Anthony (2nd Round pick most likely) and Grady Jarrett (2nd Round pick most likely) on that defense. Remember how EVERY team in the entire NFL had reps at Clemsom practice.

There won't be another Nebraska player drafted in the first 3 rounds most likely. Ameer Abdullah is the only other guy and I'd like quite a few guys before him.

Nothing at all? Him completely manhandling Flowers? Not a lot of people have put Flowers on skates, much less at 230lb. I understand not liking Gregory but I just don't think that's fair.

agreed. that is when you know someone(i.e. freebird) has shutoff his mind to Randy Gregory - to say he watched this 15minute vid and "nothing impressed me at all" - shows a level of an unwillingness to be objective and a closed mind.

Mekias likes this

agreed. that is when you know someone(i.e. freebird) has shutoff his mind to Randy Gregory - to say he watched this 15minute vid and "nothing impressed me at all" - shows a level of an unwillingness to be objective and a closed mind.

he's heIl bent on drafting Gurley at 8 when he can easily be acquired while gaining more picks in the process. The same people who ***** and complain about not having a pass rush for years are willing to pass on the chance to get a top pass rusher for a running back in a year the position is deep as shyt. Can't take the people on this website no more serious than the media should be taken.

I'm not a Gurley fan nor do I have anything against him but it's just not worth it at #8. Heck Gregory could probably be had a few spots back as well. Sweet talk Cleveland out of their 2 first rounders and its possible the Falcons could have both IF the Falcons really want both or either

And who the he!! else plays on that Nebraska defense? Any other impact players? I do know none are coming out this year but Gregory.

As a matter of fact there won't be another Nebraska player in the first 3 rounds most likely.

Clemson has 3 1st or 2nd rounders on their defense. But that didn't help Vic Beasley at all.... rolleyes.gif

Mekias and g-dawg like this

The word "potential" gets brought up too much when Gregory is evaluated against a guy like VB at #8

I would rather have actuallity over potentiality...VB better than Gregory at 8 or before.

Gregory could be a steal in the draft and should be treated as such...not worth a top 10 pick IMHO.

So you wouldn't draft, let's say, Richard Sherman in the 1st because you'd like to try and get him as a steal? Not saying that Gregory is gonna be Sherm, but he was definitely the steal of that draft. And to miss out on him trying to get a bargain would have been crazy.

I just think you draft the guy that you think will be the best pro. Not who everyone else agrees will be the best pro.

So you wouldn't draft, let's say, Richard Sherman in the 1st because you'd like to try and get him as a steal? Not saying that Gregory is gonna be Sherm, but he was definitely the steal of that draft. And to miss out on him trying to get a bargain would have been crazy.

I just think you draft the guy that you think will be the best pro. Not who everyone else agrees will be the best pro.

**** Richard Sherman wasn't even drafted in the first. That's a bad example

Then it that case I leave Gregory sitting.