Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

This...When Gregory is able to simply rush from a two point stance, you can see he's as quick off the ball as anyone. The things that Gregory has better than any other edge rusher in this draft are a super powerful punch and he absolutely eats up ground, with those long strides, in pursuit.

I'm still sold as Beasley being #1, but Gregory is a close #2, and the rest of the edge guys aren't event close.

Thank you with the number eight pick the falcons pick Randy Gregory over Vic Beasley

Folks let that combine erase the entire NCAA season.

Not at all, Beasley put up 23 tfl and 13 sacks as a junior. He's been the best edge rusher for a couple years now. The combine simply served to show he wasn't as small as some suggested.

Look Rook, I can school you on the particulars of an Jabstep Out-Inside move, which Gregory EXCELS at. or the Dip & Rip or the straight up Bull Rush. But I like to give credit where its due and there has already been a guy that posted a very informative breakdown of Gregory here:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4025971-great-film-study-of-randy-gregory/

Been at this a while bro. If you like him as much as you say, you probably would have noticed his moves. He also sets the run better than any of the top 4 in this draft while having the same athleticism and speed that the others (save Fowler) have. Oh, and he has more height, uses his hand and arm length well. Fowler could very well be a bust. Beasley is more likely to be a guaranteed impact player. But I'd argue that Gregory is just good.

Did folks forget that Gregory was touted as a #1 pick early this season. D@mn how the Combine changes the way folks see things.

Lol go watch a full game of his and tell me if he uses any of those moves consistently. Don't worry I'll wait for you to point out the game. Gregory right now is more of an athlete than a pass rusher. Also can you tell me why Gregory gets stood up 1 on 1 so many times if his pass rushing repertoire is so good?

Also Fowler could very well bust? OK same with any other player. Fowler probably has the highest floor out of any of the edge guys. Gregory doesn't have Beasley's speed or first step but it's still very good.

So what if Gregory was touted as the #1 edge guy before the combine. So was Demontrae Moore a couple years ago. It doesn't really mean much. Nobodies finished scouting players before the combine. But since you been at it for so long I'm sure you know this by now.

Look Rook, I can school you on the particulars of an Jabstep Out-Inside move, which Gregory EXCELS at. or the Dip & Rip or the straight up Bull Rush. But I like to give credit where its due and there has already been a guy that posted a very informative breakdown of Gregory here:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4025971-great-film-study-of-randy-gregory/

Been at this a while bro. If you like him as much as you say, you probably would have noticed his moves. He also sets the run better than any of the top 4 in this draft while having the same athleticism and speed that the others (save Fowler) have. Oh, and he has more height, uses his hand and arm length well. Fowler could very well be a bust. Beasley is more likely to be a guaranteed impact player. But I'd argue that Gregory is just good.

Did folks forget that Gregory was touted as a #1 pick early this season. D@mn how the Combine changes the way folks see things.

Im really glad other people are saying these things now, because I've gotten tired of trying to convince through long posts.

At the beginning of the season I remember there being a thread about top pass rushers and I said Gregory was garbage. This was before I watched anything on him, and for some reason I just did not want to like the guy.

Then I watched some of his game footage and it was instantly apparent that it was Randy Gregory and then everybody else.

He has his things that he is only going to get better at with proper coaching, has the highest ceiling of all the pass rushers, you cannot question his motor because he hustles every play, easily defends the run, pass rush is crazy good....the list goes on.

But some people just dont want to like him. They're blinded by the shiny red object.

Lol go watch a full game of his and tell me if he uses any of those moves consistently. Don't worry I'll wait for you to point out the game. Gregory right now is more of an athlete than a pass rusher. Also can you tell me why Gregory gets stood up 1 on 1 so many times if his pass rushing repertoire is so good?

Also Fowler could very well bust? OK same with any other player. Fowler probably has the highest floor out of any of the edge guys. Gregory doesn't have Beasley's speed or first step but it's still very good.

So what if Gregory was touted as the #1 edge guy before the combine. So was Demontrae Moore a couple years ago. It doesn't really mean much. Nobodies finished scouting players before the combine. But since you been at it for so long I'm sure you know this by now.

Opinions are all we have. But the fact is speed, power, athleticism and length win in the NFL Gregory excels at them all. What good is it to bench 30+ reps if you still get stood up by Lineman?

Fowler can be dominant if he wants. But does he? The hardest thing to train is a player's mind. He's quit on his team and that really hurt my opinion of him.

I like Beasley. Don't get me mistaken. He'll be an amazing player IF he's put in the right situation. If not, he could be out-shined by guys that are in a more advantageous position. Vic fits here, but not as a DE anywhere! Let's cut it out. Is he really a DE in the NFL after 2 years at the position?

Gregory can fit in more places than Vic right now and possibly even in the future.

Oh, and lest we forget that Clemson had Stephon Anthony (2nd Round pick most likely) and Grady Jarrett (2nd Round pick most likely) on that defense. Remember how EVERY team in the entire NFL had reps at Clemsom practice.

There won't be another Nebraska player drafted in the first 3 rounds most likely. Ameer Abdullah is the only other guy and I'd like quite a few guys before him.

Im really glad other people are saying these things now, because I've gotten tired of trying to convince through long posts.

At the beginning of the season I remember there being a thread about top pass rushers and I said Gregory was garbage. This was before I watched anything on him, and for some reason I just did not want to like the guy.

Then I watched some of his game footage and it was instantly apparent that it was Randy Gregory and then everybody else.

He has his things that he is only going to get better at with proper coaching, has the highest ceiling of all the pass rushers, you cannot question his motor because he hustles every play, easily defends the run, pass rush is crazy good....the list goes on.

But some people just dont want to like him. They're blinded by the shiny red object.

I have no idea what film your watching but what games did Gregory stand out in. Watch when he lines up across from Lewan in the Michigan game, Scherff in the Iowa game, Donovan Smith in the Penn St game or Banner on the right side in the USC game. One on one against the powerful NFL caliber tackles he gets completely dominated every single snap. Right now he's all potenial as a pass rusher. He's #3 on my board behind Fowler and Beasley which is the same as it was before the combine.

GATXBOI likes this

One play? I guess that seals it. Gregory is the best player in the draft.

Okay watch the whole thing then...

And you'd be hard pressed to find any other guy in this draft pull that off with ease as Gregory did. It's about ability. Gregory is the only one with that ability.

Opinions are all we have. But the fact is speed, power, athleticism and length win in the NFL Gregory excels at them all. What good is it to bench 30+ reps if you still get stood up by Lineman?

Fowler can be dominant if he wants. But does he? The hardest thing to train is a player's mind. He's quit on his team and that really hurt my opinion of him.

I like Beasley. Don't get me mistaken. He'll be an amazing player IF he's put in the right situation. If not, he could be out-shined by guys that are in a more advantageous position. Vic fits here, but not as a DE anywhere! Let's cut it out. Is he really a DE in the NFL after 2 years at the position?

Gregory can fit in more places than Vic right now and possibly even in the future.

You basically listed all the athletic traits that Gregory possesses. Everything I've stated before as to why I like his potenial. But I'm still waiting for you to point me to any film that shows him using these great passing rushing moves he "excels" at over the course of a game.

Also when has Fowler quit on his team?

Okay watch the whole thing then...

And you'd be hard pressed to find any other guy in this draft pull that off with ease as Gregory did. It's about ability. Gregory is the only one with that ability.

I've said 100 times that Gregory possesses all the athletic traits you want. But he has soo much developing to do. Great you posted one video of his where he has some nice plays. Keep in mind Purdue was down all game and where in obvious passing situations the whole time. Look at full game tape and you'll see Gregory isn't a consistent factor in a game like Fowler and Beasley are. He also gets dominated by any powerful NFL caliber lineman he goes up against. What's your response to that?

Argue all you guys want, but Falcons will be drafting the highest rated pass rusher still on THEIR board. Whoever that is will be a heckofalot better than anyone we had out there last year

Relax and enjoy. We will automatically be a better team than we were the day before the draft.

dozer likes this

I know this is not good but done of his production he was high off the 🌿 ... So good ceiling is very high...i would draft him at 8 I feel like coach Quinn I'd the perfect coach for Gregory

I've said 100 times that Gregory possesses all the athletic traits you want. But he has soo much developing to do. Great you posted one video of his where he has some nice plays. Keep in mind Purdue was down all game and where in obvious passing situations the whole time. Look at full game tape and you'll see Gregory isn't a consistent factor in a game like Fowler and Beasley are. He also gets dominated by any powerful NFL caliber lineman he goes up against. What's your response to that?

Ereck Flowers. Randy Gregory blew him up converting speed to power and threw the large 1st round (!) prospect into the Miami QB's lap.

Ereck Flowers. Randy Gregory blew him up converting speed to power and threw the large 1st round (!) prospect into the Miami QB's lap.

Im talking more about tackles. Flowers is a projected center because his feet are bad. Lewan, Smith, Banner, Scherf (more guard but could play tackle) all stood Gregory up.

It's funny that the 2 guys I called out earlier have gone silent when I asked them for proof other than a highlight video of one game.

Im talking more about tackles. Flowers is a projected center because his feet are bad. Lewan, Smith, Banner, Scherf (more guard but could play tackle) all stood Gregory up.

It's funny that the 2 guys I called out earlier have went silent when I asked them for proof other than a highlight video of one game.

there's a video at the start of this thread

there's a video at the start of this thread

What did the video show? Different highlights of plays he did well on. You can do that for anyone and they will look good.

I like Gregory at #8 if Beasley and Fowler are gone. But I don't like it when people give a false image of a player like some people were earlier saying he has a wide array of pass rushing moves and is a very good pass rusher. Go watch some full games of his and watch how much he gets stood up 1 on 1. Plus against all on the NFL calibre tackles he gets dominated. FYI Flowers isn't a RT like the guy in the video said. He's a C.