Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

Facts are subjective......what I see are turrible opinions which are like azzholes...congrats on your amazing ability to reproduce, I managed to do that as well a couple times....you still know NOT...

kids these days.... i tell ya

What I don't understand is people here actually think Gregory can DE in the NFL. He can't plain and simple, he is a OLB that played DE in college against some pretty average OT's and still got sealed and fails to maintain the edge. Like I said earlier he can rush the B gap but cannot contain the edge off the line. At least if he was Will or Sam backer he has the speed to pass rush or run stop.

Good to see you still have a great sense of humor. Dudes get mad over these players...who may not even sniff Falcons underoos...

Yea. At this point we're all arguing just to argue. Any way it goes we're going to pick up a pass rusher that is going to help us immediately.

Knight of God likes this

Yea. At this point we're all arguing just to argue. Any way it goes we're going to pick up a pass rusher that is going to help us immediately.

Anything helps right now. We got nothing...lol

Folks act like Beasley is some perfect Football player. The guys only been on offense for 2 years. His technique is lacking when it comes to tackling.

Gregory is technically sound in all facets and has already started to work with PROFESSIONAL D-Line coaches. Might not be farfetched to think that Gregory will be a bigger impact than Beasley.

Folks act like Beasley is some perfect Football player. The guys only been on offense for 2 years. His technique is lacking when it comes to tackling.

Gregory is technically sound in all facets and has already started to work with PROFESSIONAL D-Line coaches. Might not be farfetched to think that Gregory will be a bigger impact than Beasley.

Technically sound? Lmao. What pass rushing moves does he have?

This is coming from someone who likes Gregory too. I have him behind Fowler and Beasley.

I don't want Fowler or Ray or Dupree. Gregory scares me with his multiple failed drug tests. Beasley or Scherff for me if Beasley's gone

w/o the weed stuff, he is probably #1 or #2 of all the passrushers - maybe even(dare I say it or be banished from TATF forever ohmy.png ) better than Beasley.

I agree me personally I think Gregory is a NFL ready pass rusher can Vic Beasley sustain weight ...i feel Gregory is a good fit for the Leo

I don't want Fowler or Ray or Dupree. Gregory scares me with his multiple failed drug tests. Beasley or Scherff for me if Beasley's gone

I would be very happy with Fowler or Dupree, but don't want Ray and DEFINITELY don't want Gregory. I could live with Scherff at # 8, but at some point we simply have to improve our ability to get to the other teams' QB.

So did Justin Houston and you still want him to come to Atlanta...

If it was my choice in taking Gregory

Look at what he could do... Go get Gregory at 8 and stop the madness

I would be very happy with Fowler or Dupree, but don't want Ray and DEFINITELY don't want Gregory. I could live with Scherff at # 8, but at some point we simply have to improve our ability to get to the other teams' QB.

Agreed we've got to figure it out and in this draft. Hopefully Beasley falls but if he doesn't I might risk taking Gregory. I like him as a prospect but his weed issues scare me but by god we need someone who can just win a freaking match up. Dupree's rawness as a 5th year senior concerns me

Technically sound? Lmao. What pass rushing moves does he have?

This is coming from someone who likes Gregory too. I have him behind Fowler and Beasley.

Look Rook, I can school you on the particulars of an Jabstep Out-Inside move, which Gregory EXCELS at. or the Dip & Rip or the straight up Bull Rush. But I like to give credit where its due and there has already been a guy that posted a very informative breakdown of Gregory here:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4025971-great-film-study-of-randy-gregory/

Been at this a while bro. If you like him as much as you say, you probably would have noticed his moves. He also sets the run better than any of the top 4 in this draft while having the same athleticism and speed that the others (save Fowler) have. Oh, and he has more height, uses his hand and arm length well. Fowler could very well be a bust. Beasley is more likely to be a guaranteed impact player. But I'd argue that Gregory is just good.

Did folks forget that Gregory was touted as a #1 pick early this season. D@mn how the Combine changes the way folks see things.

KRUNKuno and chopshop like this

all the Randy Gregory haters need to watch this. Gregory's "get-off" was slow in most cases because it was designed to be "tackle reads" and not snap-reads or cadence reads.

The things that Gregory's critics hold against him - were things he was designed to do in the defense he was in. He was not free-wheelin' like Beasley and Ray.

As much time as we all spend arguing over these prospects - take the 15 minutes here to get watch this video - well worth the time and you will know Randy Gregory (on the field) better after having watched this vid.

This...When Gregory is able to simply rush from a two point stance, you can see he's as quick off the ball as anyone. The things that Gregory has better than any other edge rusher in this draft are a super powerful punch and he absolutely eats up ground, with those long strides, in pursuit.

I'm still sold as Beasley being #1, but Gregory is a close #2, and the rest of the edge guys aren't event close.

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

This...When Gregory is able to simply rush from a two point stance, you can see he's as quick off the ball as anyone. The things that Gregory has better than any other edge rusher in this draft are a super powerful punch and he absolutely eats up ground, with those long strides, in pursuit.

I'm still sold as Beasley being #1, but Gregory is a close #2, and the rest of the edge guys aren't event close.

Folks let that combine erase the entire NCAA season.

Look Rook, I can school you on the particulars of an Jabstep Out-Inside move, which Gregory EXCELS at. or the Dip & Rip or the straight up Bull Rush. But I like to give credit where its due and there has already been a guy that posted a very informative breakdown of Gregory here:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4025971-great-film-study-of-randy-gregory/

Been at this a while bro. If you like him as much as you say, you probably would have noticed his moves. He also sets the run better than any of the top 4 in this draft while having the same athleticism and speed that the others (save Fowler) have. Oh, and he has more height, uses his hand and arm length well. Fowler could very well be a bust. Beasley is more likely to be a guaranteed impact player. But I'd argue that Gregory is just good.

Did folks forget that Gregory was touted as a #1 pick early this season. D@mn how the Combine changes the way folks see things.

yep they forgot it as soon as he tested positive for green