Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

The LEO isn't a run stopper. He's almost always asked to rush the passer. A 4-3 under with Cover 3 is very, very similar to a lot of 3-4 looks...start thinking of the LEO as a 3-4 OLB and you'll see why Beasley is so tantalizing.

Meanwhile, I see Gregory as more of a SAM, which is pretty much the strong side 3-4 backer. Also asked to pass rush a decent bit, but required to be more comfortable playing in space and against the run.

I don't think we'll be confined to one scheme, that's just the barebones explanation.

The Leo is not like an OLB he's a DE who predominantly lines up in wide 9 with his hand in the dirt and goes after the QB on close to every play. We are talking Jason babin, John Abraham, Trent cole, quinn from at.louis, etc. He may have some coverage responsibilities but this is only something that Quinn employed in his 4-3 under recently as he started rushing his Sam more. This was based on personnel. A traditional Leo is not an olb. Probably only Fowler and Ray could play the Leo in our system. Dupree, Gregory and beasely project more likely as Sam backers. Of these three maybe Gregory could eventually play the Leo role if he puts on some NFL weight

not 14 but i played 8. Vic beasley plays football as a linebacker this team needs a defensive end. We just beought in 2 linebackers and drafted 4 last year. The DE we brought in is on a 1 year deal. If you think that the leo doesnt stop the run, you are just sadly mistaken mr 14 year football player. This team needs an all around player with the #8 pick. Beasley is a nice piece to have. But he doesnt project to help on the run game period. You have to stop the run to be in position to rush the passer. Quinn wants long athletic players at the leo, and gregory fits that as much as fowler does

Complete BS, you have no fkng clue, what you are even talking about.....if you do not think Beasley is capable of helping to build a wall from sideline to sideline and cover the run in a bubble as a LEO you need to rethink, you talk like he will taking on OGs instead of wide responsibilty vs. the run when he bumps down, WTF man, way you think might as well put Tjax there ....

The Leo is not like an OLB he's a DE who predominantly lines up in wide 9 with his hand in the dirt and goes after the QB on close to every play. We are talking Jason babin, John Abraham, Trent cole, quinn from at.louis, etc. He may have some coverage responsibilities but this is only something that Quinn employed in his 4-3 under recently as he started rushing his Sam more. This was based on personnel. A traditional Leo is not an olb. Probably only Fowler and Ray could play the Leo in our system. Dupree, Gregory and beasely project more likely as Sam backers. Of these three maybe Gregory could eventually play the Leo role if he puts on some NFL weight

Don't really care about Leo or Sam or any other acronym....Can he play football or not? That's the only question I care about.

I didn't say he was an OLB, I said they play similarly to 3-4 OLBs. And Beasley said Quinn talked to him about playing the LEO in our system so you're just blatantly wrong.

Complete BS, you have no fkng clue, what you are even talking about.....if you do not think Beasley is capable of helping to build a wall from sideline to sideline and cover the run in a bubble as a LEO you need to rethink, you talk like he will taking on OGs instead of wide responsibilty vs. the run when he bumps down, WTF man, way you think might as well put Tjax there ....

tjax is not a leo type. Gregory and fowler are both that type. Beasley can rush the passer but not as a DE. Bold print all you like, the fact remains that vic beasley is not a defensive end. Get a clue about actual reality. In your mind you can put a guy in there who can't hold the point.gregory held the point in big time football at his weight. He will only gain weight over time and get stronger and continue to get better. We need a defensive end for the future. And thats exactly what we will get this year with the gregory pick....chances are, he wont be there so we may have to settle for beasley. Either guy is an addition that this team could use. Defensive end would help more in this scheme....if you project that beasley can set the edge aga8nst the run....keep dreaming

tjax is not a leo type. Gregory and fowler are both that type. Beasley can rush the passer but not as a DE. Bold print all you like, the fact remains that vic beasley is not a defensive end. Get a clue about actual reality. In your mind you can put a guy in there who can't hold the point.gregory held the point in big time football at his weight. He will only gain weight over time and get stronger and continue to get better. We need a defensive end for the future. And thats exactly what we will get this year with the gregory pick....chances are, he wont be there so we may have to settle for beasley. Either guy is an addition that this team could use. Defensive end would help more in this scheme....if you project that beasley can set the edge aga8nst the run....keep dreaming

Geezus Kriest man, you may be the very dumbest fk in TATF history..........

i agree with you in every way except gregory isnt a linebacker in the 4-3. He is a hand in the dirt DE.

i agree with you in every way except gregory isnt a linebacker in the 4-3. He is a hand in the dirt DE.

Do you even realize the position is situational fluid and the same guy will not line up there on every down ??? .....

JackNicholsonLaughing.gif

He can play DE in a 4-3 under but he needs to get bigger Imho. Nfl tackles will dominate him unless he adds size

JackNicholsonLaughing.gif

Knight of God likes this

I didn't say he was an OLB, I said they play similarly to 3-4 OLBs. And Beasley said Quinn talked to him about playing the LEO in our system so you're just blatantly wrong.

No need to get narky mate. I'm just giving you info on the 4-3 under. Quinn has adapted the 4-3 under to rush the Sam more but it won't change the fact that the Leo predominantly plays from a 3 or 4 point stance. Can't see beasely doing anything more than playing this role on 3rd and long. Well know come week 3 anyway the exact roles of this team.

No need to get narky mate. I'm just giving you info on the 4-3 under. Quinn has adapted the 4-3 under to rush the Sam more but it won't change the fact that the Leo predominantly plays from a 3 or 4 point stance. Can't see beasely doing anything more than playing this role on 3rd and long. Well know come week 3 anyway the exact roles of this team.

WTF ? ......

WTF ? ......

Wide 9 stance - both hands in the dirt

Btw I would love beasely - just see him lining up more at Sam and maybe Keo on 3rd and long

I gotta say that after reading this thread, I need to change my order. Gregory, Fowler and Ray are much better than a situational, short-armed, no run stopping Beasley and I really think that they should all go before 8. I really hate to settle on just having Beasley at 8 but that's just the way it goes sometimes. tongue.png

freebird310 likes this

I just don't understand where exactly that belief comes from since Beasley was used to rush from a 3 point stance around 90% of the time at Clemson, he's roughly the same size as most LEOs, and Quinn said he was looking at him as being our LEO...lol. But yeah, we'll see. :)

I gotta say that after reading this thread, I need to change my order. Gregory, Fowler and Ray are much better than a situational, short-armed, no run stopping Beasley and I really think that they should all go before 8. I really hate to settle on just having Beasley at 8 but that's just the way it goes sometimes. tongue.png

Well played sir ! laugh.png

Deep-Purple1.jpg

I just don't understand where exactly that belief comes from since Beasley was used to rush from a 3 point stance around 90% of the time at Clemson, he's roughly the same size as most LEOs, and Quinn said he was looking at him as being our LEO...lol. But yeah, we'll see. :)

I don't profess to know a huge amount about Beasely. However most of the game highlights I saw had him rushing from 2 point. If I just happened to catch an over emphasis on him on that stance then ok. But I'm still not sure he really looks the part of Leo. Dupree is 100% not a Leo he's sam all day.

He can play DE in a 4-3 under but he needs to get bigger Imho. Nfl tackles will dominate him unless he adds size

he will get bigger but his length will help tremendously until he bulks up. With proper technique, he can use his long arms to keep tackles off of him. He has burst and length....2 things you cant teach...twchnique will come

trubird and freebird - knock it off and be respect - you may have disagreement but you are both Falcons! Fly Falcon Fly!!!

i have only been stating points in fact. I go to facts and he goes to the internet for gifs. If thats the extent of his debate, so be it.... i have kids at home, i am used to those types of responses

Been saying it's 1A and 1B with Beasley and Gregory. I knew Gregory played the run well but that play where he chases the RB down on the sideline in 3rd down epitomizes what Dan Quinn wants.

He had the skill and talent to make the play but the point is, he went all out and made that play. Didn't tap him out, he took the best shot he could in that position.

Again imo the combine shows that Vic may offer more in terms of dropping and covering but if we are going to keep it simple so we can play fast, Gregory is the pick.

i have only been stating points in fact. I go to facts and he goes to the internet for gifs. If thats the extent of his debate, so be it.... i have kids at home, i am used to those types of responses

Facts are subjective......what I see are turrible opinions which are like azzholes...congrats on your amazing ability to reproduce, I managed to do that as well a couple times....you still know NOT...