Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

KOG i just can't get on the Gregory train. Help me out and get me to see something you see. I'm on the Beasley abd Ray train. You know how much i like Leonard Williams aka JJ Watt Jr. Wish he would have failed a drug test for weed

The NFL does. He is one positive test away from a 4 game suspension; two positive tests away from at least a 10 game suspension; and three positive tests away from a 2 year suspension. He has had multiple failed tests since starting his college career at Nebraska. That's kind of something we should all care about when considering him at # 8 ... don't ya think?

To this, I agree. From a talent standpoint, I like him over all the others (except for Williams ) but because of the positive tests, I'd probably take any and all the others (Beasley/fowler/Ray/Dupree) over him now, even though it may bite me in the azz (because I truly believe he has the most upside potential) later for having that mindset ( see GregHardy, Lawrence Taylor, aldon Smith, Von miller)

I don't care how much green he blows. Its all preference for me.

Why wouldn't you care? Dude may have a legit problem.

Dude that's awesome!

This thread though...lol. So many shots being fired. I just want the draft here already, everyone and their cousin and their cousin's mother's cousin's son packed into the "Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread" and the Falcons are 2 picks away from being on the clock. Everyone panicking, sweating, debating, and shooting more shots at each other on what the team should do and what they shouldn't do. Time has passed and Goodell steps up to the podium, "With the 8th pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select..."

Yeah, as Bart Scott would say, can't wait!!! smile.png

Yeah, there's no need to get all mad with each other over it. Its a new era. Time to get ready for preseason. Regardless of what, it will be a different type of Falcons I think.

Awesome, sounds like you are a lucky man . As am I , mine knows me better than anyone and has stayed with me anyway for nearly 30 years! She still amazes me

Man, that's awesome bro. We will be 9yrs married this year and 10yrs together...that's less than a third for you guys, but I'm looking forward to it all.

I care. Shows extremely poor judgement, especially knowing he's gonna be tested.

I know you don't seem to his body of work, skill set et al....what is you you think you're seeing of him on film that gives you the heebie geebies?

Yeah. For me it sucks that you would right before the Combine and everything. I just look more at the skillset than anything else.

The thing about him that worries me a little. The serious lack of polish. He is way to upright, it gets under my skin. Mostly when you show almost no bend to the point of stiffness. Forget the snap counts and playing contain. I only look at what you do based on what you are doing at that moment. He tries too hard to finesse and it gets him caught and pushed around, which isn't so much weight. At least if you have bend and play with leverage, or at least use your hands more I'm cool with it.

Some say, he can get coached up. For a top ten pick the coaching should be a little less necessary. Its the cards we're dealt this year though and I don't care as much about where you were drafted after a while. Just can you get it done. He'll be alright here I think. Just I would rather not...lol.

CTann likes this

The NFL does. He is one positive test away from a 4 game suspension; two positive tests away from at least a 10 game suspension; and three positive tests away from a 2 year suspension. He has had multiple failed tests since starting his college career at Nebraska. That's kind of something we should all care about when considering him at # 8 ... don't ya think?

KOG i just can't get on the Gregory train. Help me out and get me to see something you see. I'm on the Beasley abd Ray train. You know how much i like Leonard Williams aka JJ Watt Jr. Wish he would have failed a drug test for weed

Why wouldn't you care? Dude may have a legit problem.

I meant that based on football eval. Nothing else.

I can't help you youngbloodz. I mean really. You see what you see and its not your eyes fooling you man.

you think he might be addicted to weed

I can't say if he's an addict or not, but what I can say is that this isn't his first fail. I did a ton of dumb things that probably could have landed me in jail when I was 18 or 19, but by 21 I wisened up to know that it isn't the best idea to be using around the time you're about to take a test that could affect your future well being. Dude just isn't the smartest knife in the drawer it seems.

I meant that based on football eval. Nothing else.

I can't help you youngbloodz. I mean really. You see what you see and its not your eyes fooling you man.

i just don't see it but I'm not a scout either.

i just don't see it but I'm not a scout either.

Me neither, but that may be what happens. I don't care for way too much finesse with nothing to add.

I can't say if he's an addict or not, but what I can say is that this isn't his first fail. I did a ton of dumb things that probably could have landed me in jail when I was 18 or 19, but by 21 I wisened up to know that it isn't the best idea to be using around the time you're about to take a test that could affect your future well being. Dude just isn't the smartest knife in the drawer it seems.

i made a lot of dumb decisions up until i was 24. Just always doing stupid stuff. But grew up. Hopefully Gregory matures and take advantage of his opportunity

Me neither, but that may be what happens. I don't care for way too much finesse with nothing to add.

you are the closest thing to a scout on here

you are the closest thing to a scout on here

I appreciate that man, but to be very honest. You said before there is something and you can't really pull it out on what it is. I'll tell you, I'm with you on that man.

I appreciate that man, but to be very honest. You said before there is something and you can't really pull it out on what it is. I'll tell you, I'm with you on that man.

least I'm not the only one lol
Knight of God likes this

I just watched this entire thing and came away totally unimpressed, seemed like a shill thing his agent must have fronted and 15 of you were impressed by this chit ? .....OMG,OMG, all I got to say, do not want ......

I'm not impressed. I see an athletic guy getting lucky playing against college lineman and chasing down slow footed college QBs who hold the ball too long. A couple of the "highlights he goes up the middle where a hole exists that I could drive a Mack truck through. I don't see the bend, incredible power or tenacity that a NFL impact edge guy has to have.

He's got great length but no lining up wide and bending around the corner tape.

Combine that with the obvious lack of impulse control--who the heck smokes pot in dec with the combine coming up? I just don't want the kid

If the falcobs draft him, I'll cheer for him..but I just don't like him

I'm not impressed. I see an athletic guy getting lucky playing against college lineman and chasing down slow footed college QBs who hold the ball too long. A couple of the "highlights he goes up the middle where a hole exists that I could drive a Mack truck through. I don't see the bend, incredible power or tenacity that a NFL impact edge guy has to have.

He's got great length but no lining up wide and bending around the corner tape.

Combine that with the obvious lack of impulse control--who the heck smokes pot in dec with the combine coming up? I just don't want the kid

If the falcobs draft him, I'll cheer for him..but I just don't like him

yeah, there is nothing there w/ Randy Gregory, MSalmon - it is a conspiracy that he is being hyped up as possibly the best edge rusher - to frustrate TATF posters like yourself.

and I agree, nobody smokes weed in December - very odd, indeed.

Mekias and MD-FalconFan13 like this

I do it every year. That's not her complaint though. She gets most of my time. Her complaint is even funnier. "Clarence, you already said you are not going to pursue scouting anymore...so why are you sitting there watching that one play still?" I look and say, "Ummmm...because I want to see if we should draft him." then she says, "Who is we? When did you get hired?" Then I say, "Come look at this dude! I mean, he's like a spider getting to the QB." then after almost an hour of watching with me she says, "You need to find something better to do...like play golf." Then I say, "Tell me that wasn't amazing..." then she smiles and says, "He was pretty quick off the edge. You think he could play on the left in the pro's?"

on top of your wife being a cutie, Clarence - if she sits down w/ you for an hour watching that one play - then she is amazing - I would say "marry her" but you have already "mission accomplished" that one! :D

Knight of God likes this

yeah, there is nothing there w/ Randy Gregory, MSalmon - it is a conspiracy that he is being hyped up as possibly the best edge rusher - to frustrate TATF posters like yourself.

and I agree, nobody smokes weed in December - very odd, indeed.

Hey, put in the part where I said I support the pick if they grab him. I'm not Dan quinn--he knows best. I just think the kid is at best a Dion Jordan clone. I've watcged his games and highlights and even "scout tape." Just not impressed

As far as smoking weed..I quit all that at 17 because I wanted to join the military...the biggest job of my life...I work for the military some 26 years later and still don't smoke the stuff..you know why? Because I was and am mature enough to lay off momentary pleasure that will screw up my livelihood

So take gregory who has millions on the line..,way more than my 800 bucks a month e-1 pay...and I was 17...yet a college educated adult can't put down the pipe for millions..seriously...he's an idiot

g-dawg likes this

on top of your wife being a cutie, Clarence - if she sits down w/ you for an hour watching that one play - then she is amazing - I would say "marry her" but you have already "mission accomplished" that one! biggrin.png

Believe me man, its awesome! Thanks too big bro.

g-dawg likes this

One play? I guess that seals it. Gregory is the best player in the draft.

And against the perennial powerhouse Perdue Boilermakers no less. rolleyes.gif