Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artys Arryn

Great Film Study Of Randy Gregory

300 posts in this topic

Great video. I'm down with Gregory if he's there at 8 and Beasley is gone.

Yeah, I think Beasley is the best pure pass rusher in this draft. I'd also be cool with Gregory at 8, though I think we might be able to trade down slightly (2-3 spots) and still get him while picking up a mid rounder in the process. Which would be awesome if Beasley isn't available.

This is why he was rated number 1 months earlier then all the fluff comes about how deep the draft is, Gregory and Fowler have most upside, Beasley has potential but there is too much of a question about keeping on that wieght plus his short arms, and he was reading the qb cadence - doesnt matter the scouts know this, Gregory is not dropping to the Saints. Vics advantage is going to shrink massively in the pros, it helps if he can hold his wieght Gregory is the based all around though. period. and has been since last year, because the tape doesnt lie.

iQue likes this

I watched the first half-dozen plays. I saw a couple of times the QB rolled to his side and he didn't make a play. I saw him get swallowed by a block. I saw a play disintegrate behind his back, and he belatedly dove in at the end of the play.

Kroy can ALMOST make plays without wasting another draft pick. We need someone who isn't always a step away from making great plays.

We also need someone who won't spend more time suspended for weed than they spend playing.

dozer and ArthursMoustache like this

I watched the first half-dozen plays. I saw a couple of times the QB rolled to his side and he didn't make a play. I saw him get swallowed by a block. I saw a play disintegrate behind his back, and he belatedly dove in at the end of the play.

Kroy can ALMOST make plays without wasting another draft pick. We need someone who isn't always a step away from making great plays.

We also need someone who won't spend more time suspended for weed than they spend playing.

If you watched the first six plays then quit watching, why even comment?

falconcrest58 likes this

all the Randy Gregory haters need to watch this. Gregory's "get-off" was slow in most cases because it was designed to be "tackle reads" and not snap-reads or cadence reads.

The things that Gregory's critics hold against him - were things he was designed to do in the defense he was in. He was not free-wheelin' like Beasley and Ray.

As much time as we all spend arguing over these prospects - take the 15 minutes here to get watch this video - well worth the time and you will know Randy Gregory (on the field) better after having watched this vid.

KRUNKuno, Adam25, Mekias and 3 others like this

Yea because Justin Houston is now always suspended for weed after failing the Combine drug test.

all the Randy Gregory haters need to watch this. Gregory's "get-off" was slow in most cases because it was designed to be "tackle reads" and not snap-reads or cadence reads.

I didn't realize just how much they used him in "tackle reads". I knew they used him that way a bit but 70ish percent of the time (in the three games shown) sorta blew my mind.

g-dawg likes this

I don't know what you guys are watching but I'm not impressed. He gets sealed to easy and horrible against the run. I am not saying he doesn't have potential, but if we draft at 8 still and he is there and along with his off field issues, I would hope they pass on him and look at other options.

dozer likes this

Yea because Justin Houston is now always suspended for weed after failing the Combine drug test.

How many failed drug tests did Houston have in college? Gregory had 2 failed drug tests at Nebraska before blowing the combine test.

That indicates a big problem. Too big a problem to waste the #8 pick on.

dozer likes this

How many failed drug tests did Houston have in college? Gregory had 2 failed drug tests at Nebraska before blowing the combine test.

Yep agreed and he ain't worth 8 overall
dozer likes this

nice video....i always had gregory as the top guy...its pretty obvious....quinn doesnt care about the weed...his whole secondary was on Adderall and other PEDs....he knows how to handle that type of guy

you need to turn the volume up on the video....pretty enlightening stuff

g-dawg likes this

this is why you don't need to speak (j/k). you just admitted you watched a half-dozen plays and did not watch the whole video. I can get you a Vyvanse prescription if you need it. LOL

I don't know what you guys are watching but I'm not impressed. He gets sealed to easy and horrible against the run. I am not saying he doesn't have potential, but if we draft at 8 still and he is there and along with his off field issues, I would hope they pass on him and look at other options.

lol, he is the best of all the passrushers against the run - what are you talking about?

trubirdfan4life likes this

I remember Houston being suspended in 2009 actually. Look into it.

Yep agreed and he ain't worth 8 overall

he is worth the #8 and we will be lucky if he is still there....i dont think that he will be...too much talent....just put a program in place to help the child become a man....he is 22. he did stupid things.....so did you, me, and eveyone at 22

w/o the weed stuff, he is probably #1 or #2 of all the passrushers - maybe even(dare I say it or be banished from TATF forever ohmy.png ) better than Beasley.

This doesn't change my mind. I already knew all of this. Thanks though.

If we get him, I won't cry. I just won't expect much all apologetics aside.

so what is your "on-field" criticism of the player? and do you not acknowledge this video addressed some of the mainstream TATF criticisms? please advise - thanks my friend.

Knight of God likes this

Watching the film on him he can pressure and get quick bursts in the B gaps but fails to cover the edge and play the flats. I would draft him as a OLB but definately no to DE, he would get buried on the line.

so what is your criticism of the player? and do you not acknowledge this video addressed some of the mainstream TATF criticisms? please advise - thanks my friend.

You and I will talk about it between friends.

g-dawg likes this