2ugccb6.jpg

For those in search of a grade-school hot take on why Cam Newton shouldn't be the quarterback of the Panthers, well, look no further.

This young author wrote a scathing column for an elementary school newspaper, ripping Newton to shreds, and the kid cuts right to the chase.

"My favorite football team is the Carolina Panthers. I feel that they need a better quarterback. The quarterback is Cam Newton. The team never seems to win and I think he is the reason. He gets intercepted a lot."

Newton has 54 interceptions during his four-year NFL career.

"Now I know what you're thinking," the article continues. "What if he does not have the support from his team. What if they are not very good? Maybe... but, the players on the team are pretty good. I will admit that maybe the team is responsible for some of the losses, but most of the time, it is his fault."

Fear not, the kid writes that there's still a place for Newton on the Panthers: as a running back.

"That would probably use his talents better."

The QB had the second-most rushing yards on the team (539) last season, behind Jonathan Stewart (809).

But the column's conclusion takes a drastic turn, and upon reflection, the author realizes that perhaps the Panthers — who did manage to make the playoffs the past two seasons, albeit with a 7-8-1 record last year — may have more problems than just their quarterback.

"Now that I think about it... the Panthers were never a very good team. Maybe he is not the only bad player."

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cam-newton-ripped-shreds-elementary-school-column-article-1.2168224