New Mock. Most Will Hate It.

Sobeit

I don't hate it because i had the same first two picks and also Blake Bell, but i understand the debate for not adding a LEO rusher. However, Scherff would come in and dominate at LG and would be able to play OT if someone goes down. Preston Smith would play DE and DT so i believe he would justify the snaps for a 2nd rounder (Hageman only played 300 last year as our 2nd rounder).

If you were able to find a decent edge rusher later in the draft it would make a lot of people much more happy. Like Frank Clark in the 3rd over Conley (who you are reaching for). Or even in the 4th he could be there.

I like the Damarious Randall pick in the 4th too. And i also had Blake Bell in my mock in the 6th round. And even in the 6th may be too late for him so i don't think he falls to the 7th.

I don't hate it because i had the same first two picks and also Blake Bell, but i understand the debate for not adding a LEO rusher. However, Scherff would come in and dominate at LG and would be able to play OT if someone goes down. Preston Smith would play DE and DT so i believe he would justify the snaps for a 2nd rounder (Hageman only played 300 last year as our 2nd rounder).

If you were able to find a decent edge rusher later in the draft it would make a lot of people much more happy. Like Frank Clark in the 3rd over Conley (who you are reaching for). Or even in the 4th he could be there.

I like the Damarious Randall pick in the 4th too. And i also had Blake Bell in my mock in the 6th round. And even in the 6th may be too late for him so i don't think he falls to the 7th.

We will have to disagree on Conley I think he is only there in the 3rd because of some drops at the combine that do not show up on tape.

You may be right about Bell but if he goes earlier I do not think it will be much earlier and maybe we can offer next year's 5th to mover up and take him :). There is still a good chance he will be there in the 7th and may even go undrafted because he is such a project.

Edited by Sobeit

I like it OP. Instead of taking sloppy fourths at one of the top pass rushers we grab the baddest OT/OG in the draft. Actually I would be ok with either Scherff or Collins there. They can both play tackle and guard. Just look at the Cowgirls, they added beasts to the Oline and have a heck of a run game. We also want that run game and who better than Scherff or Collins to get it rocking.

Preston Smith is excellent value at 2 and his play has to be quite appealing to Dan Quinn. You add more leverage and hand technique to his game and this dude may be one of the steals of this draft.

I love Conley, hopefully a round later perhaps but Zenner is sweet.

I also have this desire to grab Jaquiski Tartt around the 3rd. Maybe it's a man crush I don't know. He's a SS not a FS but he has phenomenal size and I think Quinn could do some really awesome things with the guy. Awesome development since he's only played a few years of organized football so his upside is magnificent as well... here's his profile...

STRENGTHS: Possesses a legitimate NFL frame with broad shoulders, long arms (32 5/8") and impressive overall muscular definition. Highly aggressive defender, who attacks the line of scrimmage in run support and in defending the middle against crossing routes. An intimidating hitter who likes to lower his shoulder into ball-carriers, often resulting in explosive collisions.

Good overall athleticism, including body control to adjust in space to tip away passes and flashes the hand-eye coordination to make difficult interceptions. Relatively short football career suggests that his best football may be ahead of him. Performed well at the Senior Bowl.

WEAKNESSES: High backpedal and loses a step in his transition. Doesn't possess ideal straight-line speed for single-high coverage duty in the NFL - the role in which he starred at Samford. May need at least one year to acclimate to the speed (and likely new position) he'll see in the NFL. Will occasionally lower his shoulder in an attempt to deliver the knockout blow and allow ball-carriers to slip by when he doesn't wrap securely.

--Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW Tartt spent much of his high school days on the basketball court, only making the jump to the gridiron as a senior. As such, he didn't generate a great deal of recruiting interest despite playing in the football hotbed of Mobile, Ala. He redshirted his first season at Samford and saw mostly backup duty in 2011.

Tartt exploded onto the scene as a redshirt sophomore. He led the Bulldogs with 94 tackles, 10 passes breakups and four interceptions, earning recognition as a Buck Buchanan finalist, which goes to the top defensive player at the FCS level. Though opponents generally avoided him the next two seasons, Tartt was recognized as an All-American each year, earning a trip back to his hometown for the 2015 Senior Bowl - where he quickly proved up to the task of playing with the "big boys."

As his surname suggests, Tartt isn't sweet. While not as fluid in coverage as his 20 career pass breakups and six interceptions suggest, Tartt is an imposing defender whose size, aggression and heavy-hitting make him one of the more intimidating run-defending safeties of the 2015 draft.

I have no problem with a draft like this if Fowler and Beasley are gone. We all know that everything won't be fixed this year. I'd even be happy with Scherff instead of Fowler at pick 8. I'd rather try to fix the pass rush through free agency that bank on a college guy coming in and making an impact his rookie season.

Lmao ok bud. Scout extraordinaire.

The same could be said of every opinion of every poster here. I have reasons for my opinion, and I stated those reasons. I believe that his collegiate production, like Michael Sam's, is inflated due to the Mizzou system.

It happens. Miami used to produce dominant QB's that fizzled in the pros. Nebraska RB's used to roll up collegiate yards then disappear in the pros. Some systems produce NCAA studs/NFL duds.

The same could be said of every opinion of every poster here. I have reasons for my opinion, and I stated those reasons. I believe that his collegiate production, like Michael Sam's, is inflated due to the Mizzou system.

It happens. Miami used to produce dominant QB's that fizzled in the pros. Nebraska RB's used to roll up collegiate yards then disappear in the pros. Some systems produce NCAA studs/NFL duds.

Watch some tape.

To the OP:

If Williams, Fowler, Beastly, and Gregory are gone;

and you draft Scherff. then you have also predicted that Flowers is gone too.

So lets review based on the fact that the flat out best O
T in the Draft freefalls down to #10?

Do you really believe that for one minute?

Will Jax pick a DE over an OT?

1 Tampa Winston

2 Titans Zeke

3 Jax Flowers

4 Oak Williams

5 Skinz Beasley

6 Jets Ray

7 Bears White

8 Falcons Fowler

No it is a way of saying why reach at 8 for a draft that is loaded at our biggest need. Saying we should leave talent on the board to get the player you desire is saying exactly what you claim I am saying. That is called projection BTW.

Dupree and Parker are my favorite players in this draft and I think that they will end up being better Pros than players taken ahead of them in this draft if they end up in the right place. Still 8 is not the place to draft those players that is not how you run a draft. Gregory is a player that I would have spent that 8th pick on if not for the drug test. Right now there is a unbroken pattern with him. I'm all for giving people 2nd chances but I do not think the 8th pick of the draft is the place to do it. Now as far as Ray goes I hope he makes it to the Saints.

When I play this out I think that Fowler and Beasley will be gone and the only other player I see I would take at 8 is Gregory till he tested positive.

If you (The GM in this scenario) believe this, then you absolutely do take Dupree at 8. Why wouldn't you? Because someone might say it was a reach? That's ridiculous.

As for the actual mock, I'd not a huge fan overall though I do like really like Smith in the second if he's available. The difference being, I think that we should get a LEO first. Bell is also a good project late.

If you are suggesting that we draft Gregory in the 3rd round I am all for it. Heck if you suggest we trade back and take him sometime after 15 I would be ok with it. If you think we should take him at 8 I believe you are wrong.

I think what he's suggesting that character concerns on a guy who smokes weed is overblown.

Every single NFL team except Indy and maybe Carolina if they had to do that draft over again would have drafted Houston with their 1st pick. If falcons had it to over again, they would have stayed put at 21 without trade for Julio and drafted Houston and then drafted Randall Cobb or in Round 2 and Donta Hightower in 2012. Such is the benefit of hindsite I know, but also history can teach us a few things about too heavy bias of character, when that character is weed, especially when frankly half of NFL players are probably smoking it at least occasionally, albeit not to the extent gregory did in college.

Edited by Vandy

I think what he's suggesting that character concerns on a guy who smokes weed is overblown.

Every single NFL team except Indy and maybe Carolina if they had to do that draft over again would have drafted Houston with their 1st pick. If falcons had it to over again, they would have stayed put at 21 without trade for Julio and drafted Houston and then drafted Randall Cobb or in Round 2 and Donta Hightower in 2012. Such is the benefit of hindsite I know, but also history can teach us a few things about too heavy bias of character, when that character is weed, especially when frankly half of NFL players are probably smoking it at least occasionally, albeit not to the extent gregory did in college.

Well I agree with you that I think smoking pot is no big deal. That is not my concern. It is a violation and it did not matter to him to the point he risked a lot. Again I just do not think that big of a risk is worth a 8 pick. I completely understand that I could be wrong but it is just not a gamble I would make with that big of a investment that other people will be counting on.

If you (The GM in this scenario) believe this, then you absolutely do take Dupree at 8. Why wouldn't you? Because someone might say it was a reach? That's ridiculous.

As for the actual mock, I'd not a huge fan overall though I do like really like Smith in the second if he's available. The difference being, I think that we should get a LEO first. Bell is also a good project late.

It does not matter what I think or how I feel about a prospect it is all about the board. You should never reach for a player best case is trade back in a reasonable range for him.

To the OP:

If Williams, Fowler, Beastly, and Gregory are gone;

and you draft Scherff. then you have also predicted that Flowers is gone too.

So lets review based on the fact that the flat out best O

T in the Draft freefalls down to #10?

Do you really believe that for one minute?

Will Jax pick a DE over an OT?

1 Tampa Winston

2 Titans Zeke

3 Jax Flowers

4 Oak Williams

5 Skinz Beasley

6 Jets Ray

7 Bears White

8 Falcons Fowler

If that is the way you want it to go I can understand it. It is neither the way I want it to go but more the way I think and believe it will go.

I think it will go more like

1.) Winston

2.) Williams

3.) Fowler

4.) Cooper

5.) Beasley

6.) With the Gregory issue I think the jets could be the wildcard which way will they go? They could go DE, OL or QB

7.) White

Well I agree with you that I think smoking pot is no big deal. That is not my concern. It is a violation and it did not matter to him to the point he risked a lot. Again I just do not think that big of a risk is worth a 8 pick. I completely understand that I could be wrong but it is just not a gamble I would make with that big of a investment that other people will be counting on.

I hear you. Being that reckless couple months before biggest day of his life (draft) does cause one (a GM) to pause and wonder WTF is he thinking?

I think that if Gregory is there and Beasley is gone the Falcons will take him over Dupree. Gregory has top 3 talent and nothing besides the weed proves that he would be a negative on the team. I think Quinn would jump on either Beasley or Gregory...I think either of those two are gonna be our #8 pick if either is there.

I think that if Gregory is there and Beasley is gone the Falcons will take him over Dupree. Gregory has top 3 talent and nothing besides the weed proves that he would be a negative on the team. I think Quinn would jump on either Beasley or Gregory...I think either of those two are gonna be our #8 pick if either is there.

Honestly I do not know who the will take at 8 but if Gregory is there I do not believe it will be him. As I said it is not the weed. Heck I do not think of it as a big deal and that is should be decriminalized. Still it has to do with trust, and commitment. You know it is one thing if he were to just bust but if he comes in and plays well and is then suspended because all he thinks about is Randy.... well that is something else entirely.