HT: 6'2" WT: 236LBS.

POSITION: OLB

SCHOOL: Florida

ARM LENGTH: 33 5/8"

HANDS: 9 3/8"

COMBINE RESULTS

BENCH PRESS: 22 REPS

STRENGTHS

Good athlete with adequate play strength for his size. Willing to take on lead blockers and play physically against the run. Plays with toughness. Played outside 'backer in a 3-4 and 4-3 and took reps at inside 'backer. Stays square to line of scrimmage, using controlled footwork to slide along line of scrimmage. Has ability to cover man to man. Doesn't quit on a play. Will continue bird-dogging a play until whistle sounds. Has speed to close out on perimeter and uses same burst as decent pass rusher. Can cover kicks and punts. Mentally tough and has overcome difficult circumstances in his life.

WEAKNESSES

The microfracture surgery he underwent in mid-November is a substantial concern. Slow with his eyes. Gets off of playaction and into coverage slower than desired. Inconsistent with diagnosing quickly and attacking. Looks like a thinker rather than reactor when playing inside. Angular linebacker who could use more bend and leverage in his game. Had brain surgery in 2011 after being diagnosed with rare, hereditary condition.

BOTTOM LINE

Versatile linebacker with good play speed and a motor that teams look for. While Ball's play clearly improved from 2013 to 2014, his physical issues will be tough to overcome by draft day. He overcame losing both of his parents before the age of 10 as well as brain surgery in 2011, so he's no stranger to adversity and perseverance. Ball might have to attempt to beat the odds once again and make a roster via the undrafted-free-agent route.

He has almost no proven production, so he's at best a long shot and he seems to be injured a lot. I don't know about Dan Quinn, but he seems to be a draft pick right off TD's Priority Choice Selection Board.

I was just going to see this has TD written all over it. Tells me they could be looking a different way in the first round.

Listed at UDFA

I played with him in highschool. We both played on the d-line. His athleticism is unreal, he always seemed to have a knack for finding the ball carrier too. Not only that, but one of the most respectable dudes I've ever met in my life. I wouldn't be mad at using a 7th rounder for him.

He has almost no proven production, so he's at best a long shot and he seems to be injured a lot. I don't know about Dan Quinn, but he seems to be a draft pick right off TD's Priority Choice Selection Board.

Sounds like he just may be TD's annual 3rd round WTF? pick.

Neiron is a tweener. Has a nose for making plays. Spent a year injured due to a blood clot in his brain. He would make for great depth and could see playing time.

So not a blood clot...but an AV malformation.

Not just semantics, a blood clot in his brain/associated condition would likely keep him out of the NFL, but an AVM can be fixed, which it was, so he should be legit to quit now.

Now his micro fracture surgery on the other hand...