My Ideal Mock Draft

This is my ideal draft. My no holds barred, what will make me happy type draft. Not to say everyone will turn out. Just guys I like going down the line. I'm uusing projections so there will be some guys who seem as though they could be taken earlier or may not be there. There are 40 plus projected at each round, so if the projection shows two different rounds, I will be using them back and forth.

If you don't see your fave player or position, its not because I don't like that guy or don't think we have a need there. Its just I think maybe the positions I place will off set the need and I liked someone else better.

First round I have decided Beasley will fall in this draft. He is my favorite player at the position of edge rusher in this draft, although Landon Collins is my fave player. I think Vic Beasley would flourish in this scheme. Not so sure about other schemes though. I honestly thought he would have afaster 40, jump for about 35, bench about 25, and be in the same position. Now he is surrounded by the controversy of his own success. So here Vic Beasley lands.

1st Round Pick

Vic Beasley OLB 6'3" 246lbs Clemson

In the second, I have been keeping another player I like under my hat. I'm partial to tweeners, especially when they have a dual projection and I can get them in the latter round. This guy plays both DT and LE. He was considered the best player on his defense, on one of the highest powered teams in the NCAA. Arik Armstead could push Jackson and a couple others out. I don't expect a ton of sacks, but disruption. Many liken him to Calais Campbell, I would just hope he could be a team player in Dan Quinn's defense.

2nd Round Pick

Arik Armstead DT/DE 6'7" 292lbs Oregon

I really don't think we NEED a MLB...but I just LOVE this guy. I mean he plays with a sense of urgency, like all heck is getting ready to break loose. This guy plays with power, is nuts, and just a lot of fun to see on the field. I think he would be a first rounder if he were even 6'1". I could even see someone reaching for him in the second. Maybe the Cowboys. He's just that good. One of the benefits of drafting Denzel Perryman here, is if Durant goes down due to injury, Worrilow can be moved to WLB. Now I'm pumped...

3rd Round Pick

Denzel Perryman ILB 5'11" 236lbs Miami

Genetic freak! Athletic, smart, and actually my favorite bulldog. I'm not a UGA fan, but having lived in Athens, and having a lot of friends and family who are fans there is a certain sense of "home" when it comes to UGA players. Then there are those things we have in common. Falcons fan, Star Wars junky, Falcons fan. No really. I already wanted him here to replace Douglas and still be a good follow-up to White when the time came, and leverage in contract talks with Julio. You see, this guy didn't have a good QB this past year. I think Ryan would help this guy get on the map.

4th Round Pick

Chris Conley WR 6'2" 213lbs Georgia

I am taking Jalston Fowler here for short yardage, as well as to be a utility weapon. He can run the ball as a RB, play FB, TE, H-Back, ST's and even lined up and caught a ball at WR. He has the hands, runs with power, and Bama uses both the Zone Blocking and Man Blocking in their run game.

5th Round Pick

Jalston Fowler FB 5'11" 254lbs Alabama

I said before, I love two birds for one stone. This guy was a QB, but is labeled a CB now. I think with his size he could work out at CB, NB, FS, and even be listed as the #4 QB. He could also play some ST's. Patience will have to be had for his lack of having played the position, but this is PROFESSIONAL football and to be a pro, he will be hungry.

6th Round Pick

Nick Marshall DB 6'1" 207lbs Auburn

I had this guy on a mock last night and I still have nothing against it. Bench reps of 31 at the Combine, not Pro Day and actually has played at a high level in a Zone Blocking scheme. This guy's weaknesses aren't saying anything bad. Just that he came from JUCO and has displayed some tightness. I'm not sorry, this guy is gold in the right scheme at the right time and so yes, I am waiting until now to get him.

7th Round Pick

Mark Glowinski OG 6'4" 307lbs West Virginia

I always extend to UDFA's in my mocks as well. Please take a look at those before making a full decision. The stars point to players with major potential.

QB - *Terrance Broadway, RB - *Kenny Hilliard, *Terris Jones-Grigsby, FB - *Synjyn Days, WR - *Bud Sasser, *Chris Harper, TE - Gabe Holmes, OT - *Jermaine Barton, OG - *Quinton Spain, C - Jake Smith, DE - Tavaris Barnes, Deiontrez Mount, DT - Darius Kilgo, Bobby Richardson, LB - *Tony Washington, Michael Orakpo, *AJ Johnson, Michael Taylor, CB - Tray Walker, Tye Smith, *Cody Riggs, Safety - *Serderius Bryant, Ryan Murphy, Tony Bell

Guest King Jigsaw

Love all those players.

I always hate the draft because we never draft any of the players I like though.

Same, except for Trufant.

This year I like Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, and everyone else not named Vic Beasley. ph34r.png

Be really happy if the draft went down that way. Would hope that Quinn's influence helps make it a reality.

Man, I would have no issue whatsoever. Out of likes, but I appreciate you reading that. I like Armstead a lot more than I thought at first. Be perfect if he's in the second.

Nice one KOG. Its sad I really want every pick you chose with the exception of Marshall. I mean lets be serious here we'd pick a FA QB in October if Ryan and *Insert back up name* went down and he hasn't played CB on a highly competitive level in a while. That would require a lot of coaching. Marshall would also have to have the instinct/intel to play CB successfully at this level

Nice one KOG. Its sad I really want every pick you chose with the exception of Marshall. I mean lets be serious here we'd pick a FA QB in October if Ryan and *Insert back up name* went down and he hasn't played CB on a highly competitive level in a while. That would require a lot of coaching. Marshall would also have to have the instinct/intel to play CB successfully at this level

I actually have him there to learn the FS position. My way too early mock for the first is...

Karl Joseph FS 5'11" 196lbs West Virginia

Won't happen. I am always on board with you and GDawg's perceptions of this team. GDawg has been a little hokie this year with his view of Gregory, but I was on board with him and his mocks since I joined the board back in 2009.

Well played sir, I hope the draft turns out this way but I seriously doubt any of the predictions come true. Perhaps somewhere in an alternate universe this does happen.