Nfln Bucky Brooks: Vic Beasley Vs. Randy Gregory

g-dawg

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lounge/videos/Randy-Gregory-vs-Vic-Beasley/37fec32b-5591-4ae9-88c7-6d756a5de09b

if this was up already - let me know and I will take it down.

Bucky's analysis:

measurements - Check to Randy Gregory

passrush - Check to Vic Beasley

run defense - Check to Randy Gregory

X-Factor - Check to Vic Bealey (more of a playmaker and polished)

Bucky's final verdict: Vic Beasley over Randy Gregory

I agree - think they are close but like Beasley better - when you factor in the risk of Gregory's pot problem/failed tests, makes it not close at all as Beasley is solid off the field from all reports.

nevertheless, if Beasley was gone and Falcons brass felt like Gregory turned the corner on the drug use, I would be ok w/ Gregory - IF

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone out there who wants Beasley or Fowler, forget about it. Both will be gone.

I believe we will have to choose between Gregory, Ray or Dupree if we want to go edge rusher. One of them should be available.

I know many are saying trade down but there is no trade down button.

Which one you got if all three are available? Or would you go offense? If so, who?

For anyone out there who wants Beasley or Fowler, forget about it. Both will be gone.

I believe we will have to choose between Gregory, Ray or Dupree if we want to go edge rusher. One of them should be available.

Which one you got if all three are available? Or would you go offense? If so, who?

Get Skelton instead. Keep a safe distance from Gregory.

At this point I've pretty much given up all hope of Beasley still being there at 8.

Great big middle finger to everyone saying he was a reach and would be at the back-middle of the first when some of us said he was the best pick at #8. Man his stock has taken off, and with Gregory's and Ray's stock plummeting comparatively, there's just no way.

But then again, teams don't switch up the tops of their big boards THAT much after the combine. So I'm holding out...just a bit of hope.

For anyone out there who wants Beasley or Fowler, forget about it. Both will be gone.I believe we will have to choose between Gregory, Ray or Dupree if we want to go edge rusher. One of them should be available.I know many are saying trade down but there is no trade down button.Which one you got if all three are available? Or would you go offense? If so, who?

I agree that's a great possibility. If I had to stay put id grab either white (push roddy out next year or let julio walk) or Schereff. I'm not positive Schereff is really a zbs guy.

An odd pick, that no one has considered is Andrus Peat. Heck of a physical specimen who shows glimpses of being elite. Like Jake could play RT or LT. Bookend young OTs ain't a bad thing.

I'm still a Collins fan, but I reckon a trade down would be in order for him

I agree that's a great possibility. If I had to stay put id grab either white (push roddy out next year or let julio walk) or Schereff. I'm not positive Schereff is really a zbs guy.

An odd pick, that no one has considered is Andrus Peat. Heck of a physical specimen who shows glimpses of being elite. Like Jake could play RT or LT. Bookend young OTs ain't a bad thing.

I'm still a Collins fan, but I reckon a trade down would be in order for him

The biggest problem I have with that is we alerady have bookend young OTs, and I honestly think Schraeder is a heck of a great RT. He had a couple bad games but he's a UDFA out of a small school with just two years of NFL experience. We should allow the line to mesh. Having Asamoah, another great young O-Linemen, helps a lot.

We had so many injuries on our OL last year, it was ridiculous. Hawley was the big difference imho, he gives this line an attitude. Add to that a healthy Jake Matthews and young beast rookie OG, and I think we'll be good. Our O-Line isn't as bad as people make them out to be, and they're all young and athletic, better suited to a ZBS. I really think that WR, TE, and RB are bigger priorities than all linemen besides maybe our new LG.

For anyone out there who wants Beasley or Fowler, forget about it. Both will be gone.I believe we will have to choose between Gregory, Ray or Dupree if we want to go edge rusher. One of them should be available.I know many are saying trade down but there is no trade down button.Which one you got if all three are available? Or would you go offense? If so, who?

I'd take the next best available pass rusher. Of course the geniuses on this site think I am "chump" and think drafting a wr to a top 10 offense is the key to bringing a Lombardi to Atlanta.

Edited by Godzilla1985

The biggest problem I have with that is we alerady have bookend young OTs, and I honestly think Schraeder is a heck of a great RT. He had a couple bad games but he's a UDFA out of a small school with just two years of NFL experience. We should allow the line to mesh. Having Asamoah, another great young O-Linemen, helps a lot.

We had so many injuries on our OL last year, it was ridiculous. Hawley was the big difference imho, he gives this line an attitude. Add to that a healthy Jake Matthews and young beast rookie OG, and I think we'll be good. Our O-Line isn't as bad as people make them out to be, and they're all young and athletic, better suited to a ZBS. I really think that WR, TE, and RB are bigger priorities than all linemen besides maybe our new LG.

That's a fair point. You think Schereff fits the zbs?

Tbh I'd like to see Schraeder at LG. Yes, he's tall but he plays with good leverage and is athletic. I could dig an OL like this:

LT Jake

LG Schraeder

C Hawkey

RG Asamoah

RT Peat

Big and athletic

Beasley and Fowler will be gone by our pick and Gregory has way too many red flags. Attempt to trade back or draft the BPA at another position of need.

Too many red flags for you.

You know who else had more red flags than Gregory and went pretty early in the draft? Bruce Irvin.

And everybody already knew Gregory isn't as polished as Beasley.

I'm taking Shane Ray

Attempt to trade back or draft the BPA at another position of need.

Attempt to trade back with another team that will undoubtedly draft Gregory at that spot. Who else is there to trade up for in this draft?

And why would you draft another BPA at another position of need when the clear BPA at the main position of need is sitting right there for you to draft?

Attempt to trade back with another team that will undoubtedly draft Gregory at that spot. Who else is there to trade up for in this draft?

And why would you draft another BPA at another position of need when the clear BPA at the main position of need is sitting right there for you to draft?

No offense, cause I know you like him. I personally just don't think he's all that good. Could care less about him hanging with Mid-Nite-Toker.

Too many red flags for you.

You know who else had more red flags than Gregory and went pretty early in the draft? Bruce Irvin.

And everybody already knew Gregory isn't as polished as Beasley.

Nah...too many flags in general. And you mean the same Irvin that went 15th overall? As in out of the top ten? Thought so.

Well let's just say the rumors are true and we're losing our 2nd and CAN'T trade down.

At that point you can't f around with the pick and need an immediate impact player. Projects will only get Quinn fired faster.

If we can't trade down and all the 'elite' pass rushers are gone then the guy that would probably give the most impact is Gurley.