My Final Mock- My Flame Proof Suit Is On - Please Critique

freebird310

*** Mods*** please kind sirs, leave up at TATF a couple days before sending to Siberia. I worked hard LOL ....

OK I have poured a triple Bourbon and ready to do my final pre draft mock. I am going in assuming we lose a 4th round pick for noisegate, I just can not imagine the NFL hitting us any worse than that for what we did. Looking to trade down I see CLE and St. Louis as being the most likely partners .

First 4 picks I want immediate starters difference makers, and real helpers not projects or upsides

It is possible Marriota could be on the board at #8, but if he does get by TENN I doubt he gets by the Jets. So that takes St. Louis out unless he is there. CLE with the 12th and 19th should be coveting White and Cooper though. I think White is an amazing talent , just a notch above Cooper. So say the draft goes like this....

1) TB - Winston

2) TENN - Leonard Williams

3) JAX - Fowler

4) OAK - K White

5) WASH - Beasley sad.png

6) NYJ - Marriota

7) Danny Shelton

OK, because I consider EDGE to be a big drop off after Vic and Dante, I do not want to reach for Ray Gregory or Dupree here. Cooper is still on the board, and CLE needs a big time playmaking WR badly, Bowe is not the answer for them. They should be drooling for Cooper. Devante Parker is good, but just not nearly as polished a finished product and NFL plug and play ready as Cooper.

So given the fact that they have 2 #1s, they might jump at the chance to pluck him considering that there is a good chance the Rams would nab him with the 10th pick. But they probably do not want to sell the farm to move up 4 spots so we get their second this year and a 5th next year. Worth it to me.

So here is our draft.....

#1 - Todd Gurley RB UGA - 6-1 222

Running game fixed. He is an inredible can not miss talent. Can not pass on him for Dupree or Ray. He is a faster clone of beast mode. The tear was not major and ACLs these days are an EZ fix. Nowadays they fix the ligament so it is just as strong or stronger than pre injury. He is simply an AP type talent and now Ryan has a premier run game like we had with Turner. Yes, it will take a little time for him to get his burst back and we will not rush him. We have Freeman and he will carry the load until Todd is ready and be a perfect #2 back for us when Gurley is good to go. Suddenly, we have the best running game in the NFL, Gurley, Free and Antone.

todd-gurley-o.gif

#2)Eric Kendricks ILBer UCLA -6-0 233

A stud in coverage, a ballhawk and flys to the football. Upgrades our LBer corps right away. Perfect nickle backer and can probably play all 3 LBer spots. A nice new toy for Ulbrich. A bit undersized but plays much bigger than his size. Butkus award winner and an INT machine.

Eric-Kendricks-Houston-v-UCLA-84sg4daR4m

#2b) WR - Phillip Dorsett - The U - 5-9 183

Bottom line we need to add another stud WR and this guy has the potential to be the steal of the draft. A blazer that is gonna make us forget all about Harry and Reedy.

170UM1116%20FAIL%20CTJ.JPG

#3) G - Arie Kouandjio Bama - 6-4 320

OG - FIXED This mofo was the anchor of Bamas line last year and had a great season. NFL ready and good fit for ZBS. He could be a day one starter at LG and be a cornerstone for years. Gurley is smiling. Had injury concerns early in career, but past 2 seasons has been a rock.

Arie-Kouandjio-CWeek1.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

#5) Adrian Amos FS/CB 6-0 218 Penn State

Guy has 4.36 speed and could compete and provide good depth at both CB and FS, pure centerfielder who does not bring much vs. the run, tackling needs work,but he can cover and fly.. Good value top of 5th if there....

adrian-amos-ncaa-football-temple-penn-st

#6) Xzavier Dickson EDGE - Bama - 6-3 268

After a shaky start to his career had a breakout senior season to lead the Tide in sacks (9) and TFLs (12.5). Could be a real hidden gem/steal if he can keep his head on straight. Tremendous upside but very raw. Great first step and bullrush could be a fit at LEO.

Xzavier+Dickson+Mississippi+v+Alabama+HK

7) Tayo Fabuluje OT TCU 6-7 355

O line depth, PS. Cat is 6-7 355, nuff said LOL ......

8092321.jpg

7b) Marcus Hardison DT Arizona State 6-3 310

Good pass rushing DT with quik step, one year wonder at ASU but showed good pass rushing ability, not a real stout run defender, fits 3-4 DE mold...had a great Senior Bowl ....

635508140381370283-marcus-hardison3.jpg

OK done, going to mix a double, I deserve it......

Interesting

I'm willing to bet (unless there is like a character flag we don't know about) that Hardison does not fall to the 7th though. Solid draft, good influx of talent. No pass rusher, I doubt TD would let that happen. We'll take one somewhere early for sure.

Interesting

I'm willing to bet (unless there is like a character flag we don't know about) that Hardison does not fall to the 7th though. Solid draft, good influx of talent. No pass rusher, I doubt TD would let that happen. We'll take one somewhere early for sure.

Thanks man, just see a front seven log jam and do not want to reach for EDGE like we reached with Baker, Jelly and JA98.....can not do it all in one year....just want BPAs at positions of need and do not see Gregory or Ray as fixing ANYTHING....

*** Mods*** please kind sirs, leave up at TATF a couple days before sending to Siberia. I worked hard LOL ....

OK I have poured a triple Bourbon and ready to do my final pre draft mock. I am going in assuming we lose a 4th round pick for noisegate, I just can not imagine the NFL hitting us any worse than that for what we did. Looking to trade down I see CLE and St. Louis as being the most likely partners .

First 4 picks I want immediate starters difference makers, and real helpers not projects or upsides

It is possible Marriota could be on the board at #8, but if he does get by TENN I doubt he gets by the Jets. So that takes St. Louis out unless he is there. CLE with the 12th and 19th should be coveting White and Cooper though. I think White is an amazing talent , just a notch above Cooper. So say the draft goes like this....

1) TB - Winston

2) TENN - Leonard Williams

3) JAX - Fowler

4) OAK - K White

5) WASH - Beasley sad.png

6) NYJ - Marriota

7) Danny Shelton

OK, because I consider EDGE to be a big drop off after Vic and Dante, I do not want to reach for Ray Gregory or Dupree here. Cooper is still on the board, and CLE needs a big time playmaking WR badly, Bowe is not the answer for them. They should be drooling for Cooper. Devante Parker is good, but just not nearly as polished a finished product and NFL plug and play ready as Cooper.

So given the fact that they have 2 #1s, they might jump at the chance to pluck him considering that there is a good chance the Rams would nab him with the 10th pick. But they probably do not want to sell the farm to move up 4 spots so we get their second this year and a 5th next year. Worth it to me.

So here is our draft.....

#1 - Todd Gurley RB UGA - 6-1 222

Running game fixed. He is an inredible can not miss talent. Can not pass on him for Dupree or Ray. He is a faster clone of beast mode. The tear was not major and ACLs these days are an EZ fix. Nowadays they fix the ligament so it is just as strong or stronger than pre injury. He is simply an AP type talent and now Ryan has a premier run game like we had with Turner. Yes, it will take a little time for him to get his burst back and we will not rush him. We have Freeman and he will carry the load until Todd is ready and be a perfect #2 back for us when Gurley is good to go. Suddenly, we have the best running game in the NFL, Gurley, Free and Antone.

todd-gurley-o.gif

#2)Eric Kendricks ILBer UCLA -6-0 233

A stud in coverage, a ballhawk and flys to the football. Upgrades our LBer corps right away. Perfect nickle backer and can probably play all 3 LBer spots. A nice new toy for Ulbrich. A bit undersized but plays much bigger than his size. Butkus award winner and an INT machine.

Eric-Kendricks-Houston-v-UCLA-84sg4daR4m

#2b) WR - Phillip Dorsett - The U - 5-9 183

Bottom line we need to add another stud WR and this guy has the potential to be the steal of the draft. A blazer that is gonna make us forget all about Harry and Reedy.

170UM1116%20FAIL%20CTJ.JPG

#3) G - Arie Kouandjio Bama - 6-4 320

OG - FIXED This mofo was the anchor of Bamas line last year and had a great season. NFL ready and good fit for ZBS. He could be a day one starter at LG and be a cornerstone for years. Gurley is smiling. Had injury concerns early in career, but past 2 seasons has been a rock.

Arie-Kouandjio-CWeek1.jpg

why not trade back to say 10 and take gurley

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Especially with Quinn's ability to use your strength in his D and not force square pieces into circle shapes.

What I am pulling from this is you are comfortable at where we sit with MLB and edge rushers.

Note: I am a UGA Homer

Not comfortable bro, I just see a big drop off after VB and Fowler and do not want to reach.....

I expected to get quite a lot of this kind of abuse when I posted it, hence my flame proof suit .....cool.png

Been working on my Mock today for the first time... I made two.. Got Gurley in one and Beasley in the other... I totally understand having Gurley in your's, If he can stay healthy ,, Everybody willl wish they had somehow traded up for him. Or simply took him high.... We really don't know if he will be able to run like he does and stay healthy. I guess because that applies to all RBs, I may use my other draft I made, But I sure would not complain if we did draft him. I'd be happy... I think I may post both mocks when I get done with them.. I usually only make one Mock...

Been working on my Mock today for the first time... I made two.. Got Gurley in one and Beasley in the other... I totally understand having Gurley in your's, If he can stay healthy ,, Everybody willl wish they had somehow traded up for him. Or simply took him high.... We really don't know if he will be able to run like he does and stay healthy. I guess because that applies to all RBs, I may use my other draft I made, But I sure would not complain if we did draft him. I'd be happy... I think I may post both mocks when I get done with them.. I usually only make one Mock...

Thanks brother, yea if Beasley or Fowler are there at 8 those guys are the pick,no brainer, just seriously doubt they will be.....