Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

305 posts in this topic

You and I clearly hold our respective teams in different regard. You call it entertainment. I on the other hand....look at it as "Football is Life, Everything else is simply details". I have a T-shirt I occasionally wear stating as much.

Casual fans such as yourself should stay on the political boards, seeing as that's what you consider important. I long ago gave up with that ****.....You'll never, ever win. I'd rather direct my passions at something where a winner can be declared.

If your as passionate as you say you are ..then I don't see why you wouldn't put your money were your mouth is!! If you were ALL IN on football just maybe you would give up your leisure activities and so on for the right to see all games from the same seat. I haven't seen anyone pull your teeth in any decision making calls. There are options of how to view games : at home, individual games , seasons tickets best seats in the house , season tickets not best seats in the house or none of the above. Your choice. PSL's are not for everyone (( the DOC has been saying that from day one)). He may have sounded arrogant from the beginning but I do respect his decision making. Guess he's ALL IN. I a 23 yr. STH have not made that choice yet but I do say family & finances before FOOTBALL any day of the week , Rise Up from your wallet or Rise Up out of your seat !!!

BirdFlew likes this

People love to tell others how to spend their money

All the while ignoring the fact that Blank pays an insane amount of taxes and the church that they paid off doesn't pay a dime.

Heard PSL sales are going above expectations. Piedmont club sold out? How are the Founders PSLs doing? Hard to believe but it's what I heard.

The Piedmont Club PSLs will sell out first because they are the least expensive and there are fewer seats available. They are very similar to the current Executive Club seats in location, but much fewer seats and much nicer club. You don't get to use the patio behind the team benches, and the Piedmont Clubs themselves are smaller (that actually was a positive for me), but otherwise have the same benefits as the lower bowl (Champions Clubs) seats. I have no idea how they are selling, but would expect these to go first.

Yes they did...

After selling diehard fans a PSL... They are selling the seats right beside that PSL without the up front money to new season ticket holders...

If you wanna see the Falcons PSL salesperson's head spin... Ask him if they will guarantee in writing that it won't happen to you...

They won't... Because it could...

Mega Flare likes this

How long ago did Cleveland sell PSL's? Didn't San Francisco and Dallas sell out their PSLs?

I think I heard Piedmont club is already gone? Why were these so much cheaper at $10k per PSL and lower ticket pricing?

Will be interesting to hear how this all ends up.

A PSL could be an investment, but probably should not be thought of that way. The selling price is really only relevant if you want to sell your PSL; I don't. Some increase in value and some decrease. Cleveland had their PSLs for 14 years before dropping them; I'm not willing to wait that long on getting tickets myself. The best seat locations will still sell first so I got seats where I want them.

A PSL could be an investment, but probably should not be thought of that way. The selling price is really only relevant if you want to sell your PSL; I don't. Some increase in value and some decrease. Cleveland had their PSLs for 14 years before dropping them; I'm not willing to wait that long on getting tickets myself. The best seat locations will still sell first so I got seats where I want them.

Holy shot you're still here!
Mega Flare and Nono like this

How long ago did Cleveland sell PSL's? Didn't San Francisco and Dallas sell out their PSLs?

I think I heard Piedmont club is already gone? Why were these so much cheaper at $10k per PSL and lower ticket pricing?

Will be interesting to hear how this all ends up.

2 good articles about both the Niners and Cowboys

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/03/12/49ers-fans-reselling-seat-licenses-for-thousands-less-than-they-paid-a-year-ago/

http://www.texasobserver.org/sky-high-stadium/

Mega Flare likes this

Isn't an investment something that offers a return in the form of interest or dividends? To me PSL's are a sinkhole. Being charged an additional fee for the "priviledge" of being able to then purchase that seats ticket price is well, just plain stupid when I can take my "investment" and save it and earn a real dividend or use it for any of these---but good to the bow-tie and wine crowd that will fill the new dome in 2017

Buffalo-Chicken-Wings.jpg

and

HootersGirlswithWings.jpg

Mega Flare likes this

NONO, you can watch the games at Hooters, and I'll watch at the New Stadium. Each to his own...

I appreciate you being here but thats exactly the attitude the selling of overpriced PSL's conveys. I just believe they could have scaled it back a bit and avoided the open seats to visiting teams and all the bad mojo. who wants a 1.5 billion dollar stadium thats not swarming with Falcons fans. Instead there will an influx of visiting teams fans and/or empty seats. Falcons were struggling to get more of a home field advantage even at the Georgia Dome unless they hit it big the next 2 years I'd expect it to be even more difficult. And yes I understand thats not important to you, you just want a safe environment to go to the games with your kids, perfectly understandable. But guess what, most Dad's can't even afford to take their sons or daughters on a consistent basis it cost too much, even now. I am sure you have seen the article about the widening gulf between the upper income and the middle and lower income families, Atlanta was #1 in this survey in this increasing gap. This isn't good for Atlanta much less the New Atlanta Stadium.

This is what the PSL salesmen don't want people to know about. And if fans of teams that have won multiple titles can't make a return on PSL's, then just imagine how much "investors" will lose on buying them here. The wine-and-cheese crowd will enjoy it though, at least until they get bored and waste their millions on the next shiny attraction, while the blue-collar fans continue to be priced out.

My wife and I had season tickets for 21 years and we were priced out....way too expensive, and they are still calling us to renew.

Now they want the fans to pay a fee (thousands of dollars) per seat to be able to buy season tickets to see a team that has - never won a single championship.

Yeah, right. LOL...

Mega Flare likes this

I appreciate you being here but thats exactly the attitude the selling of overpriced PSL's conveys. I just believe they could have scaled it back a bit and avoided the open seats to visiting teams and all the bad mojo. who wants a 1.5 billion dollar stadium thats not swarming with Falcons fans. Instead there will an influx of visiting teams fans and/or empty seats. Falcons were struggling to get more of a home field advantage even at the Georgia Dome unless they hit it big the next 2 years I'd expect it to be even more difficult. And yes I understand thats not important to you, you just want a safe environment to go to the games with your kids, perfectly understandable. But guess what, most Dad's can't even afford to take their sons or daughters on a consistent basis it cost too much, even now. I am sure you have seen the article about the widening gulf between the upper income and the middle and lower income families, Atlanta was #1 in this survey in this increasing gap. This isn't good for Atlanta much less the New Atlanta Stadium.

So far the Falcons haven't even announced what the prices for non-Club PSLs are. It is unfair to say that the PSLs are overpriced. I understand if you believe that even the concept of a PSL at any price is unacceptable, but I'm not sure how anyone can yet say that the PSL has priced them out of being able to purchase tickets. I would rather not pay a PSL, but that is the only way to finance a stadium like this without putting it on the backs of taxpayers. At least this way, the people who are taking advantage of the stadium and games are the ones paying for it. I know some would prefer a very simple stadium and lower ticket prices, but that is not the NFL anymore and is not going to happen ever again (or least not for decades). The new LA stadium has first projected cost of over 1.5 billion, and it will almost certainly approach 2 billion by the time it is done.

birdbrain24 likes this

My wife and I had season tickets for 21 years and we were priced out....way too expensive, and they are still calling us to renew. Now they want the fans to pay a fee (thousands of dollars) per seat to be able to buy season tickets to see a team that has - never won a single championship. Yeah, right. LOL...

Most entertainment costs have gone up quite a bit over the last couple of decades. Movies, concerts and sporting events have become more expensive as more people want to choose them as leisure options. I have many employees who watch Netflix instead of going to theaters because of ticket price. People who do go to live venues (or theaters) demand more for their money (better seats, food, speakers, etc). I'm very sorry that you have been priced out of the games. It should be pointed out, though, that you were priced out before PSLs. Fortunately in America, we have a lot of other entertainment options that cost less.

birdbrain24 likes this

This is what the PSL salesmen don't want people to know about. And if fans of teams that have won multiple titles can't make a return on PSL's, then just imagine how much "investors" will lose on buying them here. The wine-and-cheese crowd will enjoy it though, at least until they get bored and waste their millions on the next shiny attraction, while the blue-collar fans continue to be priced out.

PSL prices over time can go up or down. Some teams have had tremendous increase in prices (Steelers and Texans); some have had loss of resale price (Jets, Giants and Cowboys). In general, luxury and Club seats tend to do worse, but good non-premium seats fare better. Whether they gain or lose value is really only important if you sell your PSL after an initial purchase. If you keep your seats, then the cost is what it is. I might be able to purchase a PSL for a few hundred or even a couple of thousand dollars less in a few years, but that also means that I would have to wait a few years to have regular seats to the games. They, of course, could also increase in price as some stadiums have, and then I would miss out and end up paying more. I prefer to determine what seats are worth to me, and then get the best seats available that are in my budget.

So far the Falcons haven't even announced what the prices for non-Club PSLs are. It is unfair to say that the PSLs are overpriced. I understand if you believe that even the concept of a PSL at any price is unacceptable, but I'm not sure how anyone can yet say that the PSL has priced them out of being able to purchase tickets. I would rather not pay a PSL, but that is the only way to finance a stadium like this without putting it on the backs of taxpayers. At least this way, the people who are taking advantage of the stadium and games are the ones paying for it. I know some would prefer a very simple stadium and lower ticket prices, but that is not the NFL anymore and is not going to happen ever again (or least not for decades). The new LA stadium has first projected cost of over 1.5 billion, and it will almost certainly approach 2 billion by the time it is done.

Never did I say no PSL's i just said not every seat should have PSL's attached it is too much for 75%of the fan based. I can afford it, but won't pay it because it's ridiculously overpriced for 10 games a year. AGAIN FOOTBALL GAMES ARE NOT THE ONLY EVENTS AT THE STADIUM. LOL there will be soccer PSL's probably and certainly season tickets, concerts, Bowl Games, Final Fours etc.etc.Football fans are paying a tremendous price just for the right to purchase season tickets. I just wanted to see a stadium filled up with Falcons fans giving them a home field advantage, and that won't happen in the age of PSL's as the upper class casual fan will not attend every game and put those tickets on the secondary market. Again I salute you in being able to make this purchase worry free.

I think they projected too high a price for Atlanta and the stadium will be 3/4 full.

PS. I don't think I've every seen a man happier to pay $60,000 for football tickets....

Mega Flare likes this

Backs of tax payers? The ones who stay at hotels? Because this was supposedly based on hotel tax, or am I wrong?

Backs of tax payers? The ones who stay at hotels? Because this was supposedly based on hotel tax, or am I wrong?

You are correct. The New Stadium is being built with some local funding from the hotel tax, and the rest private funding. If the entire amount (or a significantly greater percentage) was publicly funded, the organization could drop the PSLs but other new taxes (other than the hotel tax) would have to be raised to pay for the stadium (as was done in Tampa Bay). Somebody has to pay for the stadium; I think it is better for people going to games instead of taxpayers.