Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

305 posts in this topic

That stadium will be an albatross. City streets and infrastructure decaying, but we will have our nearly two billion dollar edifice to greed.

Well Said "Edifice to Greed" I think we have a name for our stadium

Mega Flare likes this

That stadium will be an albatross. City streets and infrastructure decaying, but we will have our nearly two billion dollar edifice to greed.

So Blank is supposed to fix streets and bridges instead?

dmite likes this

So JB has been on the boards for about 13-15 years here and there.

I recall him starting back when the NFC South was formed and he was waaaaaay worse back then... Mainly because that was in the middle of the Tampa D heyday and they always had Vicks number.

Once you get past the gruff exterior he's not that bad... But he speaks the truth.

I've been on these boards a long time and there are a couple of names I've never seen post on anything else other than PSL topics. There was a saying we had back in the 90s.... Things that make you say Hmmmmm

I used to post regular here 8-10 years ago before they merged the boards with the Falcons web site. I had a job then where I had time to follow along. Now I really don't. I honestly don't follow football that closely during the offseason. For obvious reasons the PSL issue is important to me so I started to follow some of the discussions. I tried to resurrect my old account but could not remember the password or get it changed so I just started a new one.

I used to post regular here 8-10 years ago before they merged the boards with the Falcons web site. I had a job then where I had time to follow along. Now I really don't. I honestly don't follow football that closely during the offseason. For obvious reasons the PSL issue is important to me so I started to follow some of the discussions. I tried to resurrect my old account but could not remember the password or get it changed so I just started a new one.

This board has been part of the Falcons website since before 2002....

Obviously you're confused as to where you are.

Have another drink and check back later, maybe your memory will come back.wink.png

Mega Flare likes this

There's nothing like being in the stadium in the first few rows, screaming your *** off until you have no voice left, urging your team on to victory. I mean NOTHING LIKE IT!

Too bad the greed of Goodell and the rest of the owners is quickly bringing it to an untimely death.sad.png

Yeah- we got UGA for that. No PSLs. Better football.

This board has been part of the Falcons website since before 2002....

Obviously you're confused as to where you are.

Have another drink and check back later, maybe your memory will come back.;)

Wow you are something else. Why all the anger?

Ah, he's just cranky because he can't get rid of that swampland he's calling waterfront property.

jb 3.0 likes this

Oh I don't know, maybe its because we all stuck with the Falcons through the good and bad times and there was a lot of bad times, and now the we are being told "you're too poor to come to our games any more"

I agree with jb 3.0 megaflare and the others who hate this PSL sh it greed grab

Oh I don't know, maybe its because we all stuck with the Falcons through the good and bad times and there was a lot of bad times, and now the we are being told "you're too poor to come to our games any more"

I agree with jb 3.0 megaflare and the others who hate this PSL sh it greed grab

You do know that season tickets aren't the only way to go to games right?

birdbrain24 likes this

Trust me when I tell you he's mellowed.

I guess I just have never understood people who hang out on internet message boards and slam and insult people they have never met before because they may disagree with them over an issue. There is something about the Internet that causes some people to lose their civility.

Ah, he's just cranky because he can't get rid of that swampland he's calling waterfront property.

I've already had 3 PMs from some of you inquiring about it.wink.png

rounz and Sun Tzu 7 like this

I guess I just have never understood people who hang out on internet message boards and slam and insult people they have never met before because they may disagree with them over an issue. There is something about the Internet that causes some people to lose their civility.

Like you just did with me, questioning why I should even be posting here because I'm not a Falcon fan?

Piss off fella, You come on here spouting all your nonsense to me, I call you on it, and you come back with this lame ****?

I don't wanna have to give up the season tickets I've had for longer than you've probably been alive! I'm real ******* passionate about it! You have a problem with it, that's too bad.

Mega Flare likes this

I think it's nice having outside the market perspective. Bottom line is it is a terrible idea for the longtime STH who can't swing the crazy dollars they want. We've had season tics in the fam since 66 and I thought about moving down from 320 and decided against it. Glad I did, but I still probably won't like the number they put in front of me when the time comes. I've grown up going to Falcon games hate to think I won't have "my" seat but if I have to I'll just Stubhub my way along...

Mega Flare likes this

The stadium will top out at @ 1.8 billion when all is said and done. The occulus will be broken half the time. Im usually not a doom and gloom guy, but this stadium gives me pause. I hope that I am wrong though. I just think the city of Atlanta could have used that tax money for infrastructure and education.

Like you just did with me, questioning why I should even be posting here because I'm not a Falcon fan?

Piss off fella, You come on here spouting all your nonsense to me, I call you on it, and you come back with this lame ****?

I don't wanna have to give up the season tickets I've had for longer than you've probably been alive! I'm real ******* passionate about it! You have a problem with it, that's too bad.

I've been alive long enough to have learned to "choose your battles ". Football is entertainment. If I want to get upset I watch the idiots in Washington.
birdbrain24 likes this

I've been alive long enough to have learned to "choose your battles ". Football is entertainment. If I want to get upset I watch the idiots in Washington.

You and I clearly hold our respective teams in different regard. You call it entertainment. I on the other hand....look at it as "Football is Life, Everything else is simply details". I have a T-shirt I occasionally wear stating as much.

Casual fans such as yourself should stay on the political boards, seeing as that's what you consider important. I long ago gave up with that ****.....You'll never, ever win. I'd rather direct my passions at something where a winner can be declared.

Mega Flare likes this

The stadium will top out at @ 1.8 billion when all is said and done. The occulus will be broken half the time. Im usually not a doom and gloom guy, but this stadium gives me pause. I hope that I am wrong though. I just think the city of Atlanta could have used that tax money for infrastructure and education.

Stadium costs are already escalating and at 1.5B.

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2015/04/14/first-slice-4-14-15-rise-up-atlanta-falcons-stadium-costs

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2015/04/13/new-falcons-stadium-cost-rises-up-again-another.html?page=all

Mega Flare likes this

The problem is the Falcons trying to break it off in the season tickets holders occulus, pretty sure no fan base responds well to that. But even more so for the notorious fickle fans of Atlanta, they gonna find something else to do on Sundays in droves... especially if the team sucks.

birdbrain24 and Mega Flare like this

I don't care how they spin it, that's ridiculous.

They aren't building the Great Wall of China.

Mega Flare likes this