Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

305 posts in this topic

No one's hating. But if people are going to brag about throwing money around in a very conspicuous manner, expect people to reply. I think that is a fair reaction. My financial planner would agree that 80% of those buying PSLs have little to no financial standing to purchase them. Its like someone buying a car that can't afford and showing it off....but still rent an apartment.

People are going to live the way they want and spend there money the way they want!! It's not my or your concern if someone drives a new Cadillac and lives in an apartment or lives in a 250,000 house and drives a used clunker. It's America and you can choice to do what ever you want to do as long as you pay taxes and obey the law!! IF whoever buys a PSL, car or house can't afford it , it will be taken away. If someone choices to buy Psl's with there government money so be it, it's not effecting or hurting me only them. So when my none club section is up I will decide If I can afford PSL's or not and If I can't I will walk that's all there is too it. Not hoping that everyone doesn't pay it WILL NOT HELP MY SITUATION IN ANYWAY. life... take it or leave it end of story . Peace

This was my experience as well. Currently in Sec 136. My seats were 20K each where I would be paying 12K a year for 13 years for 8 weeks of entertainment. During the session,I was insulted and challenged as to why I wouldn't commit. On top of my personal agent indicating he was unavailable to take my meeting and delegated me to one of his peers and while putting my deposit down to be in line for tickets in other seats, my personal agent was hanging out in the back.

I left heartbroken and feeling unimportant and something was wrong with me cause I couldn't thrown down that kind of money.

Should have spit in his eye......

Mega Flare likes this

A couple of good articles for NFL finances

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11200179/nfl-teams-divided-6-billion-revenue-according-green-bay-packers-financials

this doesn't include the 1 Billion Direct TV contract, note I didn't know ticket revenue was split 60-40 home-visitor but according to this article it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-09-04/nfls-secretive-finances-a-nearly-10-billion-mystery

Just at conservatively $65 a ticket every sellout generates 4.6 million a game 46 million for tickets a season, I'd imagine again conservatively another $50 food/beverage 3.5 million a game 35 million food/beverage season and thats just the 10 Falcons games, another 81 million a year.

And still will have no idea what the luxury suites will go for.....

Point being again this is just all NFL revenue, have no idea what soccer franchise will bring, concerts, NCAA Final Four, Peach Bowl, NCAA Football Championship rotation etc. But a smart business man like Arthur has other revenue streams tied to the new stadium that will help him pay off the bills in a timely manner

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Urbanpabs...

Thanks for sharing... I posted a copy of your experience to the Atlanta Falcons PSL Facebook page...

I'm on the Falcon Season Ticket holder FB page, but unaware of this PSL page. I'll try and search for it....

People are going to live the way they want and spend there money the way they want!! It's not my or your concern if someone drives a new Cadillac and lives in an apartment or lives in a 250,000 house and drives a used clunker. It's America and you can choice to do what ever you want to do as long as you pay taxes and obey the law!! IF whoever buys a PSL, car or house can't afford it , it will be taken away. If someone choices to buy Psl's with there government money so be it, it's not effecting or hurting me only them. So when my none club section is up I will decide If I can afford PSL's or not and If I can't I will walk that's all there is too it. Not hoping that everyone doesn't pay it WILL NOT HELP MY SITUATION IN ANYWAY. life... take it or leave it end of story . Peace

Yep. It's 'Merica alright. Chock full of dumbazzes..

No matter what the plant tells you it comes down to the basic economics of supply and demand.If the demand for the over priced PSLs isn't high enough they will be forced to reduce the price because making 50% less per a PSL is still a better business decision then making nothing off an empty seat.

This was my experience as well. Currently in Sec 136. My seats were 20K each where I would be paying 12K a year for 13 years for 8 weeks of entertainment. During the session,I was insulted and challenged as to why I wouldn't commit. On top of my personal agent indicating he was unavailable to take my meeting and delegated me to one of his peers and while putting my deposit down to be in line for tickets in other seats, my personal agent was hanging out in the back.

I left heartbroken and feeling unimportant and something was wrong with me cause I couldn't thrown down that kind of money.

FUBAR

Mega Flare likes this

Your season tickets were under the name Sun Tzu 7?

No but my name is registered to the account on the message board.

Same company. Big brother has all your information.

If they don't have your personal information they can always buy it from Facebook or someone else. Privacy doesn't exist anymore if you're into social media.

Mega Flare likes this

No matter what the plant tells you it comes down to the basic economics of supply and demand.If the demand for the over priced PSLs isn't high enough they will be forced to reduce the price because making 50% less per a PSL is still a better business decision then making nothing off an empty seat.

I think the PSLs will sell fine, but just because a PSL isn't sold doesn't mean that the seat will be empty. The PSL is only for people who want to keep the same seats for season tickets. The stadium will still have single game tickets or ticket packages available for people who don't want to buy a PSL. Eventually, most or all of the PSLs will be sold as has been the case in every other NFL stadium with PSLs. I'm not aware of any NFL stadium that has ever lowered the price of their PSLs. Eventually, some will be available on secondary markets and may be higher or lower than the original cost based on seat demand and location/type of seat.

I elected to purchase my PSLs because I want to continue to have season tickets in the New Stadium. My seats are in the mezzanine Club level (Piedmont Club) and I feel that those are great seats comparable to what I have in the Dome, and will be more likely to maintain their value if I decide later that I don't want the seats (not planning to ever give them up). Holding out for lower PSL prices may eventually get you lower prices in the secondary market, but those are likely to be worse seats. The PSL price for the first row in a section will cost the same as that in the 30th row, but the lower row is more desirable (and, subsequently, the PSL is worth more and individual game tickets can be sold for more).

I think the PSLs will sell fine, but just because a PSL isn't sold doesn't mean that the seat will be empty. The PSL is only for people who want to keep the same seats for season tickets. The stadium will still have single game tickets or ticket packages available for people who don't want to buy a PSL. Eventually, most or all of the PSLs will be sold as has been the case in every other NFL stadium with PSLs. I'm not aware of any NFL stadium that has ever lowered the price of their PSLs. Eventually, some will be available on secondary markets and may be higher or lower than the original cost based on seat demand and location/type of seat.

I elected to purchase my PSLs because I want to continue to have season tickets in the New Stadium. My seats are in the mezzanine Club level (Piedmont Club) and I feel that those are great seats comparable to what I have in the Dome, and will be more likely to maintain their value if I decide later that I don't want the seats (not planning to ever give them up). Holding out for lower PSL prices may eventually get you lower prices in the secondary market, but those are likely to be worse seats. The PSL price for the first row in a section will cost the same as that in the 30th row, but the lower row is more desirable (and, subsequently, the PSL is worth more and individual game tickets can be sold for more).

Why the **** are you on this board? I mean other than to sell PSL's?

Quit lying to these people and come out and tell the TRUTH!!!

I question why are YOU on this board? At least he is a Falcons fan. I have nothing against the Bucs except when we are playing them, but seriously I have zero interest in checking out their message boards. And if you consider you have 19,350 posts here which assuming each took 5 minutes to read and make your response that is about 1612 hours. Now assume you could have spent your time working at a modest job of $25 per hour during those 1612 hours you could have earned about $40,321 which could have paid cash for 4 club level PSL's.
mashburn*Fibonacci and cnst like this

So what exactly have I said that is not the truth? I am stating my opinion and why I have it. You pretty much do nothing but write insults and raves against "the 1%" while sitting in your Tampa 50 yard line seats that are heavily subsidized by taxpayers (who I assume are not in the 1%). It is not in your best interest as a Tampa fan to see us succeed, so why would we listen to you? And I also wonder why someone would spend countless hours on an opposing team's message board. Goodness, find something better to do with your time (just a suggestion).

Both the Giants and Jets have had issues with sales lagging on PSL's all you got to do is check the secondary market every team with PSL's has more than plenty to choose from often at greatly reduced rates. i.e. quite a few that do purchase initially want to sell them soon there after. Same in San Francisco now with their team imploding and they didn't sell them out to begin with. Dallas has loads of PSL transfers available coming off their best season in recent years. There isn't any getting around that at the current prices it's a extreme luxury that most can't afford, and many that do bite regret the purchase later.

Mega Flare likes this

I question why are YOU on this board? At least he is a Falcons fan. I have nothing against the Bucs except when we are playing them, but seriously I have zero interest in checking out their message boards. And if you consider you have 19,350 posts here which assuming each took 5 minutes to read and make your response that is about 1612 hours. Now assume you could have spent your time working at a modest job of $25 per hour during those 1612 hours you could have earned about $40,321 which could have paid cash for 4 club level PSL's.

It's amazing to me how stupid some of you can be....

For one thing, I don't normally post here, I post over in RC where the the more objective Falcon fans post along with their rivals from the Saints, Bucs & Panthers, That's where the post count comes from....but as many here, you like to jump to conclusions and come out swinging blindly.

If you'd think about it, rather than vomiting this tripe all over your keyboard, you'd understand that we are all buying the same product. What happens to you all will eventually happen to us down in Tampa Bay. Thus, I don't want to see you all getting screwed either, especially the long time Falcon season ticket holders that are being told to pony up $40,000.00 per each seat they've had for over 40 years or screw. We've had our season tickets for 39 seasons, and have excellent seats. If what's happening to you all were to happen with us, it would cost me $160,000.00 just to have the Privilege of paying $14,000.00 per year for our 4 tickets.

Maybe, you should research a bit before you start puking all over Newbie.wink.png

So what exactly have I said that is not the truth? I am stating my opinion and why I have it. You pretty much do nothing but write insults and raves against "the 1%" while sitting in your Tampa 50 yard line seats that are heavily subsidized by taxpayers (who I assume are not in the 1%). It is not in your best interest as a Tampa fan to see us succeed, so why would we listen to you? And I also wonder why someone would spend countless hours on an opposing team's message board. Goodness, find something better to do with your time (just a suggestion).

One question.....How are your sales going?rolleyes.gif

Mega Flare likes this

Again by NO means am I for psl's but I would think the Falcons will not lower the psl's prices any time soon for one it would cause a conflict with the one's paying the higher prices. I would guess they would stick to selling individual seats until they had a taker on psl's ( I think it would be years down the road before they discounted psl's). By them selling individual tickets in my section say at $110-120 a game were as me a season ticket holder get them for $88-96 they would get more revenue until seat license are sold and still make psl cost. Yes they most likely will go down if not sold, BUT we do not know for sure. It's totally up to the individual buyers and the Falcons winning. A cat and mouse game if you must.

So JB has been on the boards for about 13-15 years here and there.

I recall him starting back when the NFC South was formed and he was waaaaaay worse back then... Mainly because that was in the middle of the Tampa D heyday and they always had Vicks number.

Once you get past the gruff exterior he's not that bad... But he speaks the truth.

I've been on these boards a long time and there are a couple of names I've never seen post on anything else other than PSL topics. There was a saying we had back in the 90s.... Things that make you say Hmmmmm

Mega Flare likes this

Saw today where the is another $100 million being tacked on to the cost of the stadium, I'd imagine PSL cost will stay where they are at if this is true. LOL whats another $100 million between friends?

Wonder how much the guy got paid that missed the projected costs by that much.

TPTB had better remember the birth of spectator sports back in the Roman era, was to give the masses something to do instead of plotting an overthrow of the emperor LOL.