Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

301 posts in this topic

What are the Falcons hiding? (AJC)

2. SEND IN THE $90,000 FOR YOUR TWO SEATS: We’re getting a lot of letters and emails like this:

“Orlando, Please let me introduce myself, I am XXXXXXXX, I live in central Florida and consider myself the number 1 Falcons fan. I will have season tickets for over 40 years when the stadium opens in 2017. I was shocked and dismayed recently when I was contacted by my psl agent and informed that if I don’t pay 90,000.00 for my two seats I will not be guaranteed seats in the new stadium. I honestly couldn’t believe such a thing, but was further informed I could put up a 200.00 deposit and only after everyone else had been offered seats would I be able to chose from what was left if anything. I am probably the worlds largest collector of falcons memorabilia, and have a house decorated almost totally in falcons objects, a few Braves and ATL Olympics also. My license plate is XXXXXXX. I would hope that someone of your stature in the Atlanta sports scene could bring the Falcons to task about this situation. I deserve better along with all the long time season ticket holders. I know very few if any that sit with me can afford this and will all lose our tickets. I would appreciate any assistance you could give us. Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions of me please feel free to contact me.”

jb 3.0 likes this

That's basically what I was told. "well if you don't pay __ you're going to have to pay $100 per seat to hold your place in line"... because God knows there's a line around the current GA Dome waiting to become a STH... there's an even bigger one waiting to pay a PSL.

What stings about this for me personally is I still love the team, I just hate their future plans and I don't know if I can stay loyal to a team that doesn't value it's fans/customers. They can say they "understand" all they want but they don't because if they did they wouldn't dream of having a PSL in the first place. I understand the 5 year commitment programs they have for boxes and club seats but reality will be a cold slap in the face come 2017.

Mega Flare likes this

I just found the AJC article concerning the PSL sales (March 27, 2015) and it says that the Falcons have collected $7.5 million in DOWN PAYMENTS so far. The down payment on the PSL is 10% of the PSL price, so they probably have commitments so far for closer to $75 million in PSL sales. That's probably not too bad considering they have only invited Club seat holders so far and the stadium hasn't been built for viewing.

I saw this article. If you assume most put down 10%...doesn't make sense to pay more at this point...and average PSL sold was $20,000 figuring they are $10, 15, 20, and 45k, 20k seems like a good average means they have sold about 3750 seats. This would be about half the club which probably isn't bad for first go around.

The Falcons PSL team is getting desperate, they've resorted to now texting me to get my attention..it's getting pretty annoying to be honest. If sales were going well they wouldn't stoop so low in my opinion.

They've now e-mailed me and called me about season tickets.

I haven't had season tickets since 2012 and I've told them, (several times now), that I live in Arizona and it's too far. Yet they keep calling.

If they're calling me in Arizona then they've passed desperate and things must not be looking good.

EDIT: And now they've called me twice. It would definitely not surprise me if they were monitoring the boards because the 2nd call came shortly after I posted.

Mega Flare and aerosmith67 like this

I saw this article. If you assume most put down 10%...doesn't make sense to pay more at this point...and average PSL sold was $20,000 figuring they are $10, 15, 20, and 45k, 20k seems like a good average means they have sold about 3750 seats. This would be about half the club which probably isn't bad for first go around.

I think this is closer, you got 1200 seats at $45,000 and another 6500 at between 10,000 and 20,000.

which is 15.1 million at 10% this early would imagine most of the commitments would be from corporate clients grabbing the best seats. Have seen very few posts here from individuals about signing up.

I'd imagine it is quite a few less than half the seats with down payment paid, every one seat sold at $45,000 could account to up to 4 seats elsewhere. If they were selling like hotcakes they would be more open about the figures.

The plan, obtained exclusively by the AJC on Wednesday, calls for the $45,000 license fee to apply to each of 1,200 lower-bowl seats $54,000,000 near the 50-yard line. Another 6,500 prime seats will carry PSLs ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 each.$97,500,000.

Regardless I am sure it's considerable less than what the sales firm projections were. Sure it will be easier once the stadium is built,but no telling where the economy will be in 1-2 years or more importantly the strength of the product on the field. We are all hoping for a quick turn around and trips back to the playoffs, but if they throw 6-10 7-9 seasons gonna be difficult to motivate actual football fans to part with that kind of scratch.

but if they throw 6-10 7-9 seasons gonna be difficult to motivate actual football fans to part with that kind of scratch.

The Falcons organization doesn't care about these.

I haven't had season tickets since 2012 and I've told them, (several times now), that I live in Arizona and it's too far. Yet they keep calling.

If they're calling me in Arizona then they've passed desperate and things must not be looking good.

EDIT: And now they've called me twice. It would definitely not surprise me if they were monitoring the boards because the 2nd call came shortly after I posted.

You obviously joined the waiting list without knowing it.

It's going to get bad for the Falcons, really bad no matter how they spin it PR wise they're alienating a core group of fans that would have likely bought season tickets for the next 30 years without question, at likely a higher ticket cost sans the PSL's.

Mega Flare likes this

I think this is closer, you got 1200 seats at $45,000 and another 6500 at between 10,000 and 20,000.

which is 15.1 million at 10% this early would imagine most of the commitments would be from corporate clients grabbing the best seats. Have seen very few posts here from individuals about signing up.

I'd imagine it is quite a few less than half the seats with down payment paid, every one seat sold at $45,000 could account to up to 4 seats elsewhere. If they were selling like hotcakes they would be more open about the figures.

The plan, obtained exclusively by the AJC on Wednesday, calls for the $45,000 license fee to apply to each of 1,200 lower-bowl seats $54,000,000 near the 50-yard line. Another 6,500 prime seats will carry PSLs ranging from $10,000 to $20,000 each.$97,500,000.

Regardless I am sure it's considerable less than what the sales firm projections were. Sure it will be easier once the stadium is built,but no telling where the economy will be in 1-2 years or more importantly the strength of the product on the field. We are all hoping for a quick turn around and trips back to the playoffs, but if they throw 6-10 7-9 seasons gonna be difficult to motivate actual football fans to part with that kind of scratch.

Keeping in mind this website probably makes up a very small percentage of the fanbase and I've seen MAYBE 4-5 post saying they bought PSL's and that's being generous. (It's closer to 3) I know there's folks that have done it here that won't admit it due to scrutiny and that's fine but even IF they sold 2,500 seats, there's a long way to go to get to 60K.

The Falcons organization doesn't care about these.

No and they don't understand selling either. They had a unique opportunity to give the loyal long time season tickets holders some kind of an incentive and then these people would have become your ambassadors getting everybody else pumped up about at least listening to the sales pitch. Instead they have alienated them and the rest of us are going no way thank you very much. Classic case of a company that doesn't know it's fan base and also over values the fluff and at the same time that attitude devalues the actual product on the field. Have watch 69,000 cram into AFCS to watch the Falcons play, with wooden seats smelly bathrooms, crappy foods etc but everybody was geeked about the team. Got to capture a high percentage of that fan base or it will be half empty 3 years after it opens

Keeping in mind this website probably makes up a very small percentage of the fanbase and I've seen MAYBE 4-5 post saying they bought PSL's and that's being generous. (It's closer to 3) I know there's folks that have done it here that won't admit it due to scrutiny and that's fine but even IF they sold 2,500 seats, there's a long way to go to get to 60K.

Yep I think so too, but you know they have made purchasing tickets so **** unappealing that no one wants to talk about it LOL the exact opposite of the way it should be. If it was somewhat more reasonable, people would be more jacked about the purchase and getting people caught up in the fervor. **** who knows maybe that will come but reading Tandy's reaction for example just makes you think you had to go a long way to dissuade her from getting tickets. How many had the same reaction that we will never hear about. I'm just disappointed because I was hoping to get club level seats I still could but just can't justify the cost in my mind, its too **** high.

No I they don't understand selling either. They had a unique opportunity to give the loyal long time season tickets holders some kind of an incentive and then these people would have become your ambassadors getting everybody else pumped up about at least listening to the sales pitch. Instead they have alienated them and the rest of us are going no way thank you very much. Classic case of a company that doesn't know it's fan base and also over values the fluff and at the same time that attitude devalues the actual product on the field. Have watch 69,000 cram into AFCS to watch the Falcons play, with wooden seats smelly bathrooms, crappy foods etc but everybody was geeked about the team. Got to capture a high percentage of that fan base or it will be half empty 3 years after it opens

This is very true, for years I've talked about how much fun I've had as a STH and how great the experience was. Even the last 2 years were OK, not great but OK and it was still worth going to games. NOW after the PSL pricing was launched, when I'm asked about the Falcons I can't help but be sour and I'm honestly not really looking forward to the 2015-16 season to be completely honest. There was a period during college when I was year round Varsity athlete that I totally lost track of the NFL on a week to week basis, I could see myself going back there again. It's had that kind of impact on me. (not that anyone cares! :) )

putnam6 and Mega Flare like this

Your season tickets were under the name Sun Tzu 7?

dmite likes this

Classic case of a company that doesn't know it's fan base and also over values the fluff and at the same time that attitude devalues the actual product on the field.

Aka buying into their own BS. Whoever convinced Blank to sell PSL's, much less at this price, is laughing all the way to the bank. So is Blank for that matter. The butt of the joke, as always, is the fanbase. Glad I cashed out before things got ugly.

https://www.facebook.com/Atlantafalconspsl

For all PSL updates...

Reposted with permission:

"##### ########### #########. We were not asked to relocate. In fact, when we asked prices of other sections, we were told those sections had not yet been priced. (Given a date of June 1) The sole purpose of our meeting was to convince us we needed to be in the club level seats.......you know.......for those who want the country club experience instead of watching a football game. They were extremely focused on "enhancing your game day experience."

This meeting followed the same script as when someone is trying to sell you a timeshare.

I will say our reps were courteous. We are extremely bitter that our 50 years of loyalty are being rewarded by pricing us out of our seats.....maybe the dome, and we made no effort to hide our displeasure.

My sis, ######## ########## ####' said the reps were probably glad when we decided to "Rise Up" from the table."

This was my experience as well. Currently in Sec 136. My seats were 20K each where I would be paying 12K a year for 13 years for 8 weeks of entertainment. During the session,I was insulted and challenged as to why I wouldn't commit. On top of my personal agent indicating he was unavailable to take my meeting and delegated me to one of his peers and while putting my deposit down to be in line for tickets in other seats, my personal agent was hanging out in the back.

I left heartbroken and feeling unimportant and something was wrong with me cause I couldn't thrown down that kind of money.

Mega Flare likes this

This was my experience as well. Currently in Sec 136. My seats were 20K each where I would be paying 12K a year for 13 years for 8 weeks of entertainment. During the session,I was insulted and challenged as to why I wouldn't commit. On top of my personal agent indicating he was unavailable to take my meeting and delegated me to one of his peers and while putting my deposit down to be in line for tickets in other seats, my personal agent was hanging out in the back.

I left heartbroken and feeling unimportant and something was wrong with me cause I couldn't thrown down that kind of money.

other seats? you are the first person here who has said they were offered other seats. and there has been some notable names here who are members here. and all those members said they were never ever given the option for other seats.

other seats? you are the first person here who has said they were offered other seats. and there has been some notable names here who are members here. and all those members said they were never ever given the option for other seats.

2. SEND IN THE $90,000 FOR YOUR TWO SEATS: We’re getting a lot of letters and emails like this:

“Orlando, Please let me introduce myself, I am XXXXXXXX, I live in central Florida and consider myself the number 1 Falcons fan. I will have season tickets for over 40 years when the stadium opens in 2017. I was shocked and dismayed recently when I was contacted by my psl agent and informed that if I don’t pay 90,000.00 for my two seats I will not be guaranteed seats in the new stadium. I honestly couldn’t believe such a thing, but was further informed I could put up a 200.00 deposit and only after everyone else had been offered seats would I be able to chose from what was left if anything. I am probably the worlds largest collector of falcons memorabilia, and have a house decorated almost totally in falcons objects, a few Braves and ATL Olympics also. My license plate is XXXXXXX. I would hope that someone of your stature in the Atlanta sports scene could bring the Falcons to task about this situation. I deserve better along with all the long time season ticket holders. I know very few if any that sit with me can afford this and will all lose our tickets. I would appreciate any assistance you could give us. Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions of me please feel free to contact me.”

What are the Falcons hiding? (AJC)

Who is urbanpads?

and lol you quoted a ledbetter artcle. so now you consider him as a reputable source? and you truly believe people are not making up crap?

for instance go do some reasrch of falcon season ticket holders since 1966. you will not find that womens name that this article was started about. I even called her out in the facebook group and she won't respond. LOL. people are just making tis situation worse then what it really is.

edit: yeah they put you down on a waiting list. they will see what fans renew and who do not. and then they will look at the waiting list order and offer the available seats. it's not like them saying, "OMG 100% of the dome is sold out already". it's just them say, "we will put you on a waiting list. and who does not renew, we will offer those tickets to the first person on the waiting list". is it really that hard to figure out?

dmite likes this

edit: yeah they put you down on a waiting list

Facts.

they will see what fans renew and who do not. and then they will look at the waiting list order and offer the available seats. it's not like them saying, "OMG 100% of the dome is sold out already". it's just them say, "we will put you on a waiting list. and who does not renew, we will offer those tickets to the first person on the waiting list". is it really that hard to figure out?

Speculation.

speculation? lol come on bro. you really think they are trying to make people believe that the stadium is sold out? use some common sense.

This, from the guy that thought only the first few rows of the 50-yard line section had club prices laugh.png

This, from the guy that thought only the first few rows of the 50-yard line section had club prices laugh.png

common flare, lets not get all butthurt here and sound like an old married couple. I was wrong on that, but I said it because of the format "AJC" wrote it. but with this one being offering other seats is flat out untrue. and with it being told we'll put you on a waiting list just takes some sense to know what they mean. because they can't say, "hey we'll get you seats in the section that you want for X amount of dollars" for many reasons. one being that section may be sold out actually, there might be others who have senority and pick the seats first, etc etc.

but trust me no one is being offered my seats before I get first dibs on it. I have talked to them about this. and I have talked to reputable members on here about how it went and talked to my friends who have season tickets in the 100 who have gone in.

now if I say no to renewing my PSL in that section. then someone from the 100's who is on the waiting list will have dibs on my seat. but they cannot get it before.

Who is urbanpads?

and lol you quoted a ledbetter artcle. so now you consider him as a reputable source? and you truly believe people are not making up crap?

for instance go do some reasrch of falcon season ticket holders since 1966. you will not find that womens name that this article was started about. I even called her out in the facebook group and she won't respond. LOL. people are just making tis situation worse then what it really is.

edit: yeah they put you down on a waiting list. they will see what fans renew and who do not. and then they will look at the waiting list order and offer the available seats. it's not like them saying, "OMG 100% of the dome is sold out already". it's just them say, "we will put you on a waiting list. and who does not renew, we will offer those tickets to the first person on the waiting list". is it really that hard to figure out?

urbanpabs is a person who posted in the forum indicating my personal experience re the PSL. I wasn't offered other seats, i was offered to put a $100 deposit to get in line for other seats. I think I made that statement in the original email.

Did you have any other specific questions for me as I would be happy to share.

No one's hating. But if people are going to brag about throwing money around in a very conspicuous manner, expect people to reply. I think that is a fair reaction. My financial planner would agree that 80% of those buying PSLs have little to no financial standing to purchase them. Its like someone buying a car that can't afford and showing it off....but still rent an apartment.

People are going to live the way they want and spend there money the way they want!! It's not my or your concern if someone drives a new Cadillac and lives in an apartment or lives in a 250,000 house and drives a used clunker. It's America and you can choice to do what ever you want to do as long as you pay taxes and obey the law!! IF whoever buys a PSL, car or house can't afford it , it will be taken away. If someone choices to buy Psl's with there government money so be it, it's not effecting or hurting me only them. So when my none club section is up I will decide If I can afford PSL's or not and If I can't I will walk that's all there is too it. Not hoping that everyone doesn't pay it WILL NOT HELP MY SITUATION IN ANYWAY. life... take it or leave it end of story . Peace