Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

305 posts in this topic

I've always enjoyed the game on television anyway. My beer is better and cheaper, my bathroom never has a line, my sofa is far more comfortable than a stadium seat, my food is far cheaper and much tastier, zero traffic issues, and when the game is awful, I can turn it off and go do something else.

I have never been a big fan of throwing my money at a professional sport franchise. I guess I am a sorry assed fan in that regard. But when I decided that the out pouring of my money to the Falcons was more than I was willing to shell out, I decided TV was the way. If it was ever blacked out, no real lose.

Wait, so at home you pay LESS for a BETTER experience? But Arthur said this billion-dollar+ stadium would be so full of doo-dads that people would never just stay home and watch on a huge TV. Oops, looks like he was dead wrong!

Nono likes this

PSLs are gonna kill this franchise in the long run.

I doubt it will even take that long, based on the response so far. It's cartoonishly stupid of the team to think people would pay so much for a subpar product.

"Oh, but only some of the seats are astronomically expensive."

"Yeah, but are there enough rich morons in this town to buy them? And what about the loyal fans that saved up and relocated to those sidelines seats during years of losing seasons?"

"Hey look, a big video board!" *runs away*

PokerSteve likes this

The purpose of the stadium, of course, is to enhance your game day experience. Is that not also what you want? So basically they were courteous, told you they want to make your game day experience better, and explained that the seats you have in the Dome are going to be Club seats in the new 1.4 billion dollar stadium. They gave you first opportunity to purchase a PSL for those at the published rate, or you could purchase a PSL for non-Club seats when they become available. I'm really curious about what you would consider a fair deal.

Just STOP!! You ******* Shill!

There's NO WAY you're NOT a plant for the company selling the PSL's.rolleyes.gif

Mega Flare, Nono and PokerSteve like this

The purpose of the stadium, of course, is to enhance your game day experience. Is that not also what you want? So basically they were courteous, told you they want to make your game day experience better, and explained that the seats you have in the Dome are going to be Club seats in the new 1.4 billion dollar stadium. They gave you first opportunity to purchase a PSL for those at the published rate, or you could purchase a PSL for non-Club seats when they become available. I'm really curious about what you would consider a fair deal.

At first I thought people were just having fun teasing you about working for the Falcons to push psl's...But now, yeah, you gotta be a plant.

Nono, jb 3.0 and Mega Flare like this

You're a joke and a fake. But if you want to know what starts down the line of a fair deal, it is a discount on PSLs based on how long you've been a STH. Two percent discount per year of STH works out nicely. If your family has been STHs since the team was founded, you get a 100% discount on PSLs to reward your loyalty. If you've been season ticket holders for 15 years, you get a 30%. Etc....

jb 3.0 and Nono like this

You haven't posted here in over a month, but you show back up for another PSL thread.

The money discounted to longer term STH would have to be made up somewhere else. Who would you have pay the difference? Either everyone else would have to pay higher PSLs, or game ticket prices would have to be higher for everyone. It makes sense to me that the people who get the benefit of the better seat and Club pay for that benefit rather than expect other fans (or taxpayers as is the case in Tampa) to subsidize them.

The money discounted to longer term STH would have to be made up somewhere else. Who would you have pay the difference? Either everyone else would have to pay higher PSLs, or game ticket prices would have to be higher for everyone. It makes sense to me that the people who get the benefit of the better seat and Club pay for that benefit rather than expect other fans (or taxpayers as is the case in Tampa) to subsidize them.

Your act is very transparent. They should fire you and hire somebody with a brain.

jb 3.0, Nono and Mega Flare like this

It's going to be interesting, whoever sold Arthur that the fan base is solid enough for PSLs throughout the stadium is a helluva pitchman. Even if they sell it out the first couple of years unless the product on the field improves there will be a lot of empty seats coming soon. Good thing blackout rules have been eliminated

Mega Flare likes this

Because the Atlanta Falcons are in desperate financial straits and every dollar they're charging for PSL's actually will go toward saving the team from bankruptcy and not just lining Blank's pocket? Please GTFOH.

Mega Flare likes this

Because the Atlanta Falcons are in desperate financial straits and every dollar they're charging for PSL's actually will go toward saving the team from bankruptcy and not just lining Blank's pocket? Please GTFOH.

No, because the Atlanta Falcons are a business., an entertainment company. The purpose of any company (other than a nonprofit) is to provide a product or service that people want or need and make a profit doing so. Wanting or expecting anything else is fantasy and you will be disappointed.

It's going to be interesting, whoever sold Arthur that the fan base is solid enough for PSLs throughout the stadium is a helluva pitchman. Even if they sell it out the first couple of years unless the product on the field improves there will be a lot of empty seats coming soon. Good thing blackout rules have been eliminated

Probably the same guy that turned the crowd noise up

Mega Flare likes this

No, because the Atlanta Falcons are a business., an entertainment company. The purpose of any company (other than a nonprofit) is to provide a product or service that people want or need and make a profit doing so. Wanting or expecting anything else is fantasy and you will be disappointed.

This could be the problem with them putting a championship caliber football team together. They look at themselves as entertainment. Build a championship quality team and you willt have less of a problem selling seats.

Mega Flare likes this

This could be the problem with them putting a championship caliber football team together. They look at themselves as entertainment. Build a championship quality team and you willt have less of a problem selling seats.

ALL NFL teams are entertainment businesses, not just the Falcons. Some are more successful at winning than others.

ALL NFL teams are entertainment businesses, not just the Falcons. Some are more successful at winning than others.

4-12 and 6-10 isn't very entertaining. Winning teams don't have to worry about entertaining people at games, competitive football is enough,everything else is smoke and mirrors to hide shoddy product on the field

Mega Flare likes this

You're a joke and a fake. But if you want to know what starts down the line of a fair deal, it is a discount on PSLs based on how long you've been a STH. Two percent discount per year of STH works out nicely. If your family has been STHs since the team was founded, you get a 100% discount on PSLs to reward your loyalty. If you've been season ticket holders for 15 years, you get a 30%. Etc....

EXCELLENT idea! If they're gonna screw the Fans, at least give the most loyal a discount on the screwing.

Mega Flare likes this

The 21 page PSL agreement is not something you want to sign while under pressure from a "time share" salesman. Better to study it at your leisure.

My PSL agreement was sent to me weeks ahead of my meeting. I assume the PSL agreements for non-Club seats will be treated the same. No pressure, but you do have to tell them whether you want seats or not so they can reserve for you or offer to someone else. If you pass on them, you can always go back and purchase a PSL, but it will be for different seats which are possibly not as good.

Regardless of how well the PSLs sell, the first to sell will be the best seats.

You haven't posted here in over a month, but you show back up for another PSL thread.

That's only because he knows little about the Falcons or football in general, just the PSL's he's being paid to sell.

Just shows how they're falling on their faces with their pricing. The dude and the company he works for are getting very, very worried.

Mega Flare likes this

My PSL agreement was sent to me weeks ahead of my meeting. I assume the PSL agreements for non-Club seats will be treated the same. No pressure, but you do have to tell them whether you want seats or not so they can reserve for you or offer to someone else. If you pass on them, you can always go back and purchase a PSL, but it will be for different seats which are possibly not as good.

Regardless of how well the PSLs sell, the first to sell will be the best seats.

Too bad no one believes a word you post here, Dr. Shill.rolleyes.gif

Mega Flare likes this

What more do you need than watching a live football game? How do you "enhance" that?

What more do you need than watching a live football game? How do you "enhance" that?

Evidently for Dr. Shill, he wants wine & cheese served to his seat, and that will enhance his experience of the game. He's not going for the game anyway.rolleyes.gif

He's your NEW NFL Fan, at least that's what the NFL is counting on.

4822bdf5745de796633b6270a619283a_zpseeo5

Mega Flare likes this

I don't think I'm in the minority, but I like a better view from comfortable seats, good snacks, great video board for keeping up with other games and seeing replays, nice place to hang with friends and family before and after the game, interesting venue (stadium that by itself adds excitement), clean bathrooms that are easy to get in and out of, good halftime entertainment...things like that. I always love watching the game (I've traveled from northeast Tennessee to see every home game except preseasons for 7 years), but the live home game experience is special. I've travelled to Dallas to see us play there, and the stadium there definitely makes the game more fun. Even our local high school has added a large video screen. Sorry if I'm not "old school", but the NFL isn't now what it was 25 years ago. I (and based on its popularity, most fans) like the new NFL better.