Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

Psl Sales Meeting Report By An Original 1966 Sth

301 posts in this topic

I have had quite a few people contact me by message off of the threads to relay my experience with the PSL process, so I guess I'm helping somebody. I have posted in the past on different topics, but usually just read the threads to learn what I can. PSLs are what I know more about than the average poster, so I throw my 2 cents in.

You know nothing about poker face that's for sure.

Mega Flare likes this

Notice how this guy doesn't post in any football threads? Just the PSL thread. I don't either, but that's simply because I'm a Bucs fans. I do all my football posting in Rival Central....the best forum on the AFMB's.wink.png

In my defense, I typically don't post much in the football threads during the offseason anyway, especially not when they're all about Gurlie to Atlantie. laugh.png PSL's are a dumb concept, and I, like you, am tired of the misinformation about them being spread by obvious ticket sales agents on the boards. There will be plenty of football to talk this fall, especially seeing the first 5 games on the schedule.

Also, I didn't make 7,000+ posts about PSLs, although the next 7,000 may be wink.png

jb 3.0 likes this

12. REPRESENTATIONS AND AGREEMENTS OF LICENSEE

( b ) Licensee is not acquiring any PSL as an investment and has no expectation of profit as an owner of the PSL.

( c ) Licensee is acquiring the PSL(s) solely for the right to purchase tickets to Events/Games as provided in this License Agreement and to enjoy the Stadium amenities

( d ) Licensee is acquiring the PSL(s) for its own use and not with a view to the distribution, transfer, or resale of the PSL(s) to others.

Right out of the gate, they're covering their bases against any PSL holders that want to sue for not making money on this "investment."

Surprised more people are not noting that the Falcons are not even a party to the PSL agreement - it's a contract with the GWCCA, I.e. Your local governmental authority - those of you relying on the goodwill of the Falcons are relying on the wrong party

It's actually a kind of interesting set up they have going on - how can the GWCCA guarantee you (or me) access to Falcon tickets? Must be in the underlying agreement? How can GWCCA enter into a contract with me the benefits of which go to the Falcons? Why is this not an individual tax? Is that legal?

Law dork,in me coming out, but it is interesting

What about the whole Lol at rich people being stupid or the maybe we could learn from the 1 percenters?You do realize you're on a board populated by the other 99% right?

To be fair Johnnybuc is an ahole but your post didn't help you at all.

Believe me...it's not easy, it takes a bit of effort.wink.png

Jpizzle and rounz like this

The "1% actually pay for things" implied that the other 99% don't pay for things.

He's actually Mitt Romney......

I heard Mitt was looking for a job to give himself something to do, now we know what it is.laugh.png

Right out of the gate, they're covering their bases against any PSL holders that want to sue for not making money on this "investment."

Those lines (especially 12d) were put in to prevent ticket brokers from buying up the best PSLs. It's saying that you are buying the PSL because you plan to use the tickets yourself, not resell them for a profit. I think we want those in there.

Those lines (especially 12d) were put in to prevent ticket brokers from buying up the best PSLs. It's saying that you are buying the PSL because you plan to use the tickets yourself, not resell them for a profit. I think we want those in there.

MY God.....if what you say about yourself is true, I pity other falcon fans.

You're beyond pathetic, and you claim to be a doctor? You must have a patient count of -1.rolleyes.gif

First you come here telling everyone how wonderful the PSL's are and how easily affordable, and a great deal they are.

THEN you continue to tell us what scum we all are because we're not greed-ridden, money hungry 1%ers, and that we could learn from the likes of you......

Yeah beyond pathetic! You have a website? You should post some of these little ditties on your website just to show who these poor folks are having examine them.

You should be ashamed.......angry.png

Mega Flare likes this

Tickets sold as profit is cultural to the Atlanta Falcons. It won't stop because PSL contracts are written in legalese to try and prevent it. I understand Uncle Arthur needs to make money and he hopes it will be Falcons fans buying them and supporting the team. But frankly, you and I know that money has no allegiance.

I fear Falcons games will be nothing but a place for marketing and networking fir business. Not screaming bloody murder for your team. The best games I ever attended were in simple outdoor stadiums. Where the game day fun was centered around the field and the actual game, not jumbotrons and a steak dinner with a dip in a hot tub.

jb 3.0 and Mega Flare like this

Tickets sold as profit is cultural to the Atlanta Falcons. It won't stop because PSL contracts are written in legalese to try and prevent it. I understand Uncle Arthur needs to make money and he hopes it will be Falcons fans buying them and supporting the team. But frankly, you and I know that money has no allegiance.

I fear Falcons games will be nothing but a place for marketing and networking fir business. Not screaming bloody murder for your team. The beat games I ever attended were in simple out doors stadiums. Where the game day fun was centered around the field answer the actual game, not jumbotrons and a steak dinner with a dip in a hot tub.

One of the points being made in this thread many times, and some just don't seem to get it.

Mega Flare likes this

Another issue that was final straw for me with the PSLs is that they are not contractually sound or follow the fortunes.

The PSL agreement states that if the stadium is destroyed or deemed unworthy for occupance and no longer used then we have no recourse as PSL purchasers as far as our investment goes. The reason could be earthquake or terrorist attack or a number of different things. Do you think that Mr Blank won't have an insurance policy on the new stadium? So effectively if there was an earthquake in ATL(however unlikely) in the second year of the stadium being open, then insurance would pay off the loan. Also, your PSL moe y is also gone and you receive nothing in return. If the Falcons owners then build another stadium you would have to buy another PSL!

I brought this small(because unlikely) but possible issue up with my PSL sales rep and they said "I wouldn't worry about it, Mr Blamk would t leave you hanging". I do want to believe that Mr Blank wouldn't leave me hanging, but no way I am investing that kind if money with such a glaring crack In the contract that can only hurt me and help the owners.

Needless to say I didn't buy my PSLs. I wasn't likely to begin with, but this was the nail in the coffin for me.

Read the PSL agreements guys, there are possible(however unlikely) scenarios where your money is gone immediately with nothing to show.

Earth quakes are very unlikely, as you mentioned. However, tornados are not as rare in Georgia and a tornado could very well hit the new stadium and you would also be out of luck.

Also, that comment that Mr Blank won't leave you hanging. If they need PSLs to make this stadium happen, why wouldn't they need PSLs to rebuild a new stadium if an act of God destroyed the one being built? They wouldn't charge PSLs out of the kindness of heir hearts suppose. /sarcasm

And since my understanding is that the contract is actually with the GWCCA and not the Falcons or Blank, would. The GWCCA leave you hanging?

Mega Flare likes this

If the organization didn't attach PSLs to the worst seats, people would still complain that they were being directed to the worst seats. The benefit to the organization of low priced PSLs for upper deck seats is that they never have to worry about selling the ticket to a seat once the PSL has been purchased. They don't gain all that much from the low PSL fee.

We will see if the price is too high. I think you may be underestimating your city and the appeal of an amazing new stadium. Remember, the price for non-club PSLs has not even been announced yet.

I bought 2 Piedmont Club PSLs (40 yard line, 4th row) at 10k each. Not paying 60k for football tickets!

Dallas had double the Club Seating of Atlanta with 15,000 while Atlanta has 7,800. Dallas also charged $150k for Founders while Atlanta charged $45k. Atlanta has only 1,800 Founders seats with 900 on each side.

What remains to be seen is how fast theses Founders seats will be bought in this market. How will the Fortune 500 companies react to this stadium? If they buy up a lot of these seats then the last minute push to not be left out could be interesting. Also interesting how quiet things are regarding who bought and who walked away.

Another change was the increase in seat prices. Founders are $385 including the two lousy preseason games as always.

Champions are $365 and $345 while Piedmont is $325 I think. So do you think these prices are too high for Atlanta? Forget about the PSLs just talking about the ticket prices.

Do you think front 5 rows in any of these zones will fetch premiums in Atlanta?

Mega Flare likes this

The ticket prices in the Piedmont Club are actually a little less than what the Verizon Club tickets are now. They are locked in for the first 3 years, then can go up. The requirement to buy preseason games has always been what makes getting season tickets with or without a PSL less attractive. There has been talk the last couple of years of dropping preseason to 2 games total (only one home game), but looks like that probably won't happen any time soon.

I do think the closer rows have a greater value on the secondary market, but all are good seats and shouldn't really affect fan enjoyment of the game.

MY God.....if what you say about yourself is true, I pity other falcon fans.

You're beyond pathetic, and you claim to be a doctor? You must have a patient count of -1.:rolleyes:

First you come here telling everyone how wonderful the PSL's are and how easily affordable, and a great deal they are.

THEN you continue to tell us what scum we all are because we're not greed-ridden, money hungry 1%ers, and that we could learn from the likes of you......

Yeah beyond pathetic! You have a website? You should post some of these little ditties on your website just to show who these poor folks are having examine them.

You should be ashamed.......:angry:

Okey dokey

Another change was the increase in seat prices. Founders are $385 including the two lousy preseason games as always.

Champions are $365 and $345 while Piedmont is $325 I think. So do you think these prices are too high for Atlanta? Forget about the PSLs just talking about the ticket prices.

Do you think front 5 rows in any of these zones will fetch premiums in Atlanta?

Highest price of a seat in the lower seats of RayJay is $99.10 per game. They don't have club seats in the lower bowl, like they're putting in the new Atlanta stadium. Evidently, the word "Club" is an aphrodisiac to the wealthiest 1% like Doctor/Ticket Agent we have posting in all the PSL threads.laugh.png

Sure thing, Mr. Blank.

The ticket prices in the Piedmont Club are actually a little less than what the Verizon Club tickets are now. They are locked in for the first 3 years, then can go up. The requirement to buy preseason games has always been what makes getting season tickets with or without a PSL less attractive. There has been talk the last couple of years of dropping preseason to 2 games total (only one home game), but looks like that probably won't happen any time soon.

I do think the closer rows have a greater value on the secondary market, but all are good seats and shouldn't really affect fan enjoyment of the game.

All I need to enjoy the game is a seat. A cold beer never hurt either.

Mega Flare likes this

Not trying to be greedy, but dare I say...two cold beers?

Well you still can, but it will be from the "Falcons Landing Micro brewery" at $25 a beer. They'll serve a nice paté and serve it to you as you're getting a massage. There might even be a football game somewhere in the building!

It's amazing that no other professional sports team has figured this out and has something similar in their PSL....

Oh wait.... They all do and yet ticket brokers are still in business.

Mega Flare likes this

Well you still can, but it will be from the "Falcons Landing Micro brewery" at $25 a beer. They'll serve a nice paté and serve it to you as you're getting a massage. There might even be a football game somewhere in the building!

"Just picture it, Thurston: there I was sipping a pumpkin peach honey wheat while getting a massage, right when the Faaahlcons scored a homerun from 3-point range! Oh wait...Jeeves, what's a score called in this game again?"

"Just picture it, Thurston: there I was sipping a pumpkin peach honey wheat while getting a massage, right when the Faaahlcons scored a homerun from 3-point range! Oh wait...Jeeves, what's a score called in this game again?"

Replace Thurston with esmithidoc and I think you are pretty close to accurate.