Reading This Makes Me Think The Browns Not The Falcons...

yes I know this is like the millionth thread about this but if it's a big issue please combine with one of the others. I just did not see this (below) posted.

I'm thinking and hoping it's only the Browns that get hit with pick(s)!

See below and how it's written.

Fingers crossed and sorry about extra thread and please put with other if need be.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the common thought around the NFL Anual Meetings is that the penalties given out to the Falcons (illegally pumped noise) and Browns (illegal gameday communications) will be harsh.

La Canfora writes:

'Those investigations have been more or less wrapped up for a week or so, and the NFL has not been ready to announce them yet, but that day is coming sooner rather than later. Numerous people told me their sense from the league office was that it will be more than a slap on the wrist and could involve in the case of the Browns, possibly a multiple-game suspension for general manager Ray Farmer and the loss of a mid-round draft pick. The NFL has grown weary with some of the tactics teams are taking to skirt the spirit of the rules, if not the rules themselves, and is trying to put a chilling climate in place.'

That's because you pulled a quote from a Browns site that is only focused on how it affects the Browns.

Literally the very next sentence from that quote: "In the case of the Falcons it could result in a loss of pick and possible fines."

Only thing I know is when Schefter reports that our ruling is supposed to be harsh too, I'd listen.

Well that article does seem to be more about the Browns, but I expect us to get hit harder than them.

We did it for 2yrs and what we did can possibly have an effect on the game.

I am sorry, a GM sending text down to coaches is more detrimental than helpful. A GM can't possibly feed a coach any info that the other coaches upstairs aren't seeing. It is just stupid what Farmer was doing whatever it was. (wanting this guy to play, do this, do that)

Unfortunately there have been enough indications now, that we are going to get hit hard. Just not certain what "severe" means in this case, a Million dollar fine, a loss of any pick, or a 2nd or 3rd as being speculated by some.

That's because you pulled a quote from a Browns site that is only focused on how it affects the Browns.

Literally the very next sentence from that quote: "In the case of the Falcons it could result in a loss of pick and possible fines."

Only thing I know is when Schefter reports that our ruling is supposed to be harsh too, I'd listen.

Didn't pull from Brown's site

sitehttp://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/teams/atlanta_falcons/48

Ill make sure to put link next time.

and where does it say "in the case of the falcon" in my post? It says Brown's but anyway...

Move-on...

and where does it say "in the case of the falcon" in my post? It says Brown's but anyway...

Move-on...

Move-on...

It doesn't. That was my point (though apparently it didn't come from a browns site originally)

That quote about the falcons was the next sentence in the Lacanfora article they quoted, but wasn't included in the article.

No Ill intent here, but when you read a snippet without context, it can create a ton of false assumptions (this place is perfect evidence of that, just look at what happens when someone in the organization provides a gotcha quote like "sacks are overrated").

Everything taken in context, it just sounds like LaCanfora is less sure about just how harsh ours will be; Maybe because Blank admitted and apologized it, and it may not have been as much an intended violation as a pushing past the limit of a rule that allowed the crowd pumping up. Who knows. We'll see.