Severe Penalty Coming For Falcons

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots only lost the 31st overall pick for videotaping their opponent's defensive signals on a regular basis for 7 years, so I expect us to at least lose our 2nd rounder for piping in some noise and gaining a major unfair advantage to the tune of a 10-22 record.

But weren't the NFL suppose to be doing a lengthy investigation on the Pats?

I remember them saying it on NFLN right before the SB.

It just seemed to disappear just like the rest of the talk of the situation.

there were about 3 or 4 rumors that came out but I can't remember. Honestly, without real proof, there is nothing that can be done to them

The Patriots only lost the 31st overall pick for videotaping their opponent's defensive signals on a regular basis for 7 years, so I expect us to at least lose our 2nd rounder for piping in some noise and gaining a major unfair advantage to the tune of a 10-22 record.

there were fines

I don't think the investigator has filed his report yet

They need footage of the elderly man doing it. Here's what I found from last month

But over the course of the last two weeks, multiple sources have shed light on the situation surrounding the Patriots, their 12 game-day footballs, and deflation. Here is what they've said:

>> Prior to the game, a game-day worker employed by the Patriots, a man described as elderly, took two bags of 12 footballs (one bag from each team) into the restroom near the referees' room in Gillette Stadium. The man was in the room for 98 seconds. When he exited the room, he took the balls to the field. There is video of the man entering and exiting the bathroom, but it's unclear if there is a clear shot inside the restroom.

>> That the man entered the restroom prior to walking with the footballs onto the field was discovered by the Patriots, and video footage was quickly turned over to Ted Wells for his investigation.

>> When coach Bill Belichick and Tom Brady were told there were questions about the footballs, both were incredulous. Belichick indicated privately what he said publicly: That he had little knowledge of what went into pregame footballs. Brady told someone close to him that he works on the footballs all week, then has no idea what happens to them on gameday.

>> Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.

>> Many of the footballs used in the AFC title game, which all have Walt Anderson's initials on them, were returned to circulation among the rest of the Patriots game-day footballs. Because Anderson was the referee for two other Patriots games this season, there are more than 30 footballs with his initials in the team's possession. It appears the league has the football D'Qwell Jackson intercepted and took to the sidelines to ultimately hand over to his equipment staff.

Wasn't there some type of evidence of the Pats ball boy taking sacks of balls into the bathroom?

It sounds really weird, but I remember NFLN and PFT reporting something like that.

Just posted it. Video of a man taking both set of balls in the restroom but no footage of any wrong doing. That's the only thing missing. You have to have full proof before handing out punishment

The things Goodell does for his "buddies"

1) Destroys spygate tapes so that nobody else can view the evidence being used against Kraft's Patriots

2) Does Biscotti, Goodell's golfing buddy, a solid by only banning Ray Rice two games

3) Supports Dan Snyder in Washington name-change controversy

Meanwhile, Falcons and Browns get book thrown at them...

The things Goodell does for his "buddies"

1) Destroys spygate tapes so that nobody else can view the evidence being used against Kraft's Patriots

2) Does Biscotti, Goodell's golfing buddy, a solid by only banning Ray Rice two games

3) Supports Dan Snyder in Washington name-change controversy

Meanwhile, Falcons and Browns get book thrown at them...

Washington has had that name for decades. Why force them to change it now? It was all for money

Just posted it. Video of a man taking both set of balls in the restroom but no footage of any wrong doing. That's the only thing missing. You have to have full proof before handing out punishment

Yeah, I see what you are saying.

How in the heII did the NFL office find out or even get proof of what the Falcons did(before Blank admitted to it)?

If a team like the raiders were to be involved with some of the things the pats have been in the past, you better frakin believe that hammer would have been dropped. It's all politics, just like in the real world. If anything we're lucky that Blank is an owner that goes along and gets along, or else it'd be far worse.

Yeah, I see what you are saying.

How in the heII did the NFL office find out or even get proof of what the Falcons did(before Blank admitted to it)?

I may be wrong but I think some teams were complaining about the noise on the field while they were in their huddle and it was under investigation since the first horrid year. Again I'm going off memory so I may be wrong

I for one don't care what the penalty is. The fact that the team did this, and got caught, is just stupid. I think taking our first pick would be a bit drastic, but I would expect a 2nd and a large fine. Heck Goodell may even give our pick to the Patriots and his buddy Kraft as compensation for deflate gate not turning up sufficient evidence. It's all laughable, and who ever made the decision to pump in noise (my guess is Mike Smith), then they should be the one fined.

Washington has had that name for decades. Why force them to change it now? It was all for money

Because its offensive to a large cross-section of people and its the right thing to do? Still doesn't change the fact that there's one rule for Goodell's clique and another for "outsiders" like Blank and the Falcons

Because its offensive to a large cross-section of people and its the right thing to do? Still doesn't change the fact that there's one rule for Goodell's clique and another for "outsiders" like Blank and the Falcons

Why allow them to use the name in the first place then? The complaint was made because of money. I would bet on it if I could get proof

I may be wrong but I think some teams were complaining about the noise on the field while they were in their huddle and it was under investigation since the first horrid year. Again I'm going off memory so I may be wrong

Do you think the NFL office probably sent someone to do some undercover ish?

Blank needs to realize that if you are doing something illegal in terms of the rules, make sure that you know exactly who all is lurking around.

Do you think the NFL office probably sent someone to do some undercover ish?

Blank needs to realize that if you are doing something illegal in terms of the rules, make sure that you know exactly who all is lurking around.

Never know just how good the microphones are on those cameras on the field man lol. Tech these days you could probably hear it from the sidelines or have some type of device into the ground so they can pick up the frequency