Possibility Of Not Drafting Pass Rusher At 8Th?

Anyone else get the feeling that we might not draft a pass rusher if we stay at the 8th pick? Although i would love to land a Fowler, Beasley or Randy Gregory something feels like we might go a different direction due to our free agency moves and resigns.

My 3 players we might target besides a pass rusher would be:

-Landon Collins S- Bama

-Trae Waynes CB- Michigan State

-Brandon Scherff OL- Iowa

I honestly would not have a problem with drafting any of these players. Thoughts?

I have a hard time seeing us going anything but pass rusher. I see 2 QBs and DL Leonard Williams for sure going before we pick. Then I could see 1 or 2 WRs in Kevin White and Amari Cooper and NT Danny Shelton being picked before us as well. Now which one we pick I have no clue. I think it would depend on who is available. My personal preference is Beasley, Fowler, Gregory.

And Shane Ray I am not sure of. He has really good stats but his Pro Day numbers kind of scare me a little. I do think he is still nursing the toe injury and that explains some of his bad numbers but some of his numbers confirm that maybe he doesn't have the speed and quickness that many thought. You do see some stiffness when he turns the corner and he doesn't have the closing speed you would expect

We may have our eyes on other pass rushers. It is possible that we draft another position, if our top guy is off the board.

Collins does not cover very well. I would strike him off the list.

Scherff is pretty darn good, but we might go elsewhere to fill the LG vacancy. Sheppard would be a good alternative in a later round.

Trae Waynes is very interesting. I think that he might be the best value for us. This prospect projects as a solid starter with toughness and talent.

Cooper is an excellent WR. He is tailor made for a WCO. He has very large hands, cuts on a dime and runs very well after the catch. He is the clear top guy for this offense.

Malcolm Brown is a penetrating DT. I think that he warrants a serious look. I know that we invested heavily in both Soliai and T Jackson, but this guy could be a dominant DT in two years, and that would allow us to drop the expensive duo next year.

To the OP, to quote Andrew Pearsons, the likelihood of Atlanta drafting a non-EDGE player at 8 is <2%.

Our starting LEO is Kroy Biermann.

Safe to say we're going pass rusher.

Correction...our starting LEO is Stansly Maponga. Biermann is a Sam.

To the OP, to quote Andrew Pearsons, the likelihood of Atlanta drafting a non-EDGE player at 8 is <2%.

Correction...our starting LEO is Stansly Maponga. Biermann is a Sam.

“He’s played, has versatility and has experience playing defensive end, he has experience playing outside linebacker,” Quinn said. “But we are going to play him at our Leo spot. I can’t wait to get started with him and see his competition, attitude and finish. Those are all of the things that he can bring. I can’t wait to get started with him.”

Though I'm not positive he'll start.

“He’s played, has versatility and has experience playing defensive end, he has experience playing outside linebacker,” Quinn said. “But we are going to play him at our Leo spot. I can’t wait to get started with him and see his competition, attitude and finish. Those are all of the things that he can bring. I can’t wait to get started with him.”

Though I'm not positive he'll start.

Oh jeez, that's horrifying.

He fixed the weight box but now its the blunt box you have to worry about

And the stupidity box as well for knowing that you are going to be drug tested and it could have a major impact on that money and on your character. Kids these days...

If Gregory becomes a Falcon, let's just hope that he turns out smart like Justin Houston did and not stupid like Josh Gordon in terms of controling his marijuana habit.

Anyone else get the feeling that we might not draft a pass rusher if we stay at the 8th pick? Although i would love to land a Fowler, Beasley or Randy Gregory something feels like we might go a different direction due to our free agency moves and resigns.

My 3 players we might target besides a pass rusher would be:

-Landon Collins S- Bama

-Trae Waynes CB- Michigan State

-Brandon Scherff OL- Iowa

I honestly would not have a problem with drafting any of these players. Thoughts?

Not me,, we will draft either Vic Beasley or Depree if i were a betting man... But I'm not, but IMO it will be one of those... And I sure hope I'm right.. The more I've been reading about Dupree the more I love the idea of us takeing him. I'm now not sure he's not just as good if not better pick than Beasley,, Either would be great but now i'm feeling much more rel lazed because I think Dupree has a possibility of being a probowl player.. The dude is a freak athelete.. who may be the toughest of the top 5 DE/OLBs. In other words,, he's an awesome tough very atheletic OLB/DE

Guest King Jigsaw

He fixed the weight box but now its the blunt box you have to worry about

When you smoke so much weed you have to carry it all in a blunt box, I'm not drafting you.