Does San Fran, Baltimore, Seattle, Denver, Pittsburg,green Bay, New Engalnd, Have A $15 Millon Dollar Receiver?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality, it's unlikely that Julio's functional cap hits will be $15m a year. Calvin's first three years of his MASSIVE extension (which will be bigger than the extension Julio will get) came with cap hits of $11.5m, $8.7m and $13m. After that, they jumped to higher numbers.

The difference is, the cap continues to increase as revenues continue to grow. So you get to rework his deal in a way that keeps his cap hits around $10m or so for the first three years. With an additional 3 years of cap growth, you're looking at a cap that will be around $170m at a minimum. More than enough money to minimize the effect of later larger cap hits.

Exactly, plus those 3 years of low cap hits? That's 3 years of Ryan in his prime.If the Falcons don't win the Super Bowl before the big cap hits hit home, you can trade or cut him.

Edit: Him being Jones, but works for Ryan too. I wouldn't do that, but it would make more sense then.

I mean we're paying JJ 10 million this year and still have plenty of cap with a bad contract at OT (Baker). Not to mention some overpaid guys on the DL and new additions we've added as well. Another 5 million will be a drop in the bucket once some of the extra money we are investing clears up. Heck Roddy and Ryan could even possibly take a pay cut or Roddy just retires. I don't see how we can't afford Julio and still build a respectable defense.

Seattle would have paid Julio 30 mil to run that last play of the Super Bowl for them. Not having a quality receiver cost them a bowl.

not running the ball with the best running back in the game cost them that game imo. Corner perfectly played the ball. Same could have happened with any receiver

not running the ball with the best running back in the game cost them that game imo. Corner perfectly played the ball. Same could have happened with any receiver

I agree 100%. But the receiver alligator armed it too. Needed somebody that would attack that ball. Still, their passing game was anything but spectacular the whole game because they were throwing to guys who wouldn't play for UGA right now.

I agree 100%. But the receiver alligator armed it too. Needed somebody that would attack that ball. Still, their passing game was anything but spectacular the whole game because they were throwing to guys who wouldn't play for UGA right now.

their passing game was mediocre all year due to that very fact. They do need one main hog though. Jimmy Graham is a great start.

Where did this 15 million number come from? Megatron is currently the only receiver in the league with a contract that averages more than 12 million a year.

Also the OP lost all credibility when he suggested that Perryman would be his pick if Williams was gone after trading for the number 2 pick lmao. What lunacy inspired this post