France Plane Crash: No Survivors Expected, 150 Dead

Herr Beast

It looks more and more likely that the co-pilot crashed the plane on purpose after locking out the captain. What kind of sick idiot commits suicide by killing 150 people with him? Unless of cause it was a terrorist attack but it does not look like it. Just throw yourself in front of a train or jumpf off a bridge if you hate your life so much.

I just read about the locked door. Something nefarious happened, I hope they find out exactly who was responsible.

The locked door mechanic was installed after 9/11 an all airlines for a good reason... unfortunately it does not account for problems with the pilot(s)... from what I heard, the pilot went to the toilett, the co-pilot took over... once the pilot returned, the co-pilot refused to open the door and started diving the plane... there is no mechanism to open the door from the outside, even the pilots can not do it (because terrorists might force them).

So the co-pilot really knew what he was doing and he did crash the plane on purpose. Authorities are saying that the maneuvers he started can not be done accidently. The only question is why he did it and the early guess is suicide.

Edited by Herr Beast

It is now being reported that the French authorities are saying it was deliberate. The perpetrator - 28 year old co-pilot Andreas Lubitz.

I don't have a fear of flying, I'm a pilot but haven't done that in years. Generally speaking I'm the antithesis of those who have a fear of flying because I know about the preparation and procedures taken by the crew on the flight deck.

The ultimate fear that I try not to think of is an unstable pilot. Everyone who boards an aircraft is trusting that the pilot(s) will land them safely. If that trust is not there, then you should not be on the aircraft.

It is now being reported that the French authorities are saying it was deliberate. The perpetrator - 28 year old co-pilot Andreas Lubitz.

I don't have a fear of flying, I'm a pilot but haven't done that in years. Generally speaking I'm the antithesis of those who have a fear of flying because I know about the preparation and procedures taken by the crew on the flight deck.

The ultimate fear that I try not to think of is an unstable pilot. Everyone who boards an aircraft is trusting that the pilot(s) will land them safely. If that trust is not there, then you should not be on the aircraft.

I know I shouldn't wonder this... I know I shouldn't, but if the pigment was a little different would the news be the same? Edited by lostone

I know I shouldn't wonder this... I know I shouldn't, but if the pigment was a little different would the news be the same?

It's MURDER and the perpetrator is a murderer.
Of course you should wonder, and this crappy board is just the place for that. Can't miss the opportunity to sidestep the bad news and make it even worse and in the process sink this mb even lower by interjecting that overdone **** into topics where it is not relevant in the least.

Such a tragic event.

I guess there is nothing you can do to stop a suicidal pilot. Better mental health screenings perhaps? Not really sure what an airline would do to prevent these things from happening again in the future ;\

So sad that the pilot felt the need to take 150+ others with him.

Edited by Shelby39

Such a tragic event.

I guess there is nothing you can do to stop a suicidal pilot. Better mental health screenings perhaps? Not really sure what an airline would do to prevent these things from happening again in the future ;\

So sad that the pilot felt the need to take 150+ others with him.

In the US, the require two people in the cockpit at all times. If a pilot steps out, a flight attendant steps in. Certainly doesn't eliminate the risk, and I guess adds another risk with crazy FAs.