So How Does Everybody Feel About Mariota?

PantherWake

He has the raw talent a Qb prospect in the top first should have. Good arm, tall, good not great accuracy, good footwork but no work from under center.

Looks to run a little to fast.

Payton would have a field day with him.

Makes me wonder if the rumors about the Saints wanting him are true

I think if he's able to sit and learn a pro-style offense for a couple years, he has all the potential in the world. I just hope he's not drafted to a team that sucks that's gonna throw him right in the Fire, because he's simply not ready.

I think if, by some way, he lands in NO, it would be the perfect place for him. That's just my own opinion.

I think he'll be a very good QB in the NFL. How good is hard to say. There will be a learning curve if he goes to a team with a traditional scheme. He definitely has the intelligence, character, and work ethic to learn what he needs to learn (by all accounts).

I think his ceiling is very high. He may not turn out to be great, but I'd be shocked if he flat out busted.

Spread offense in college -> Project QB -> Will start well -> Defenses adjust to his "habits"

the question is, will he adjust? He's smarter than some of the spread QBs we've seen lately, so I think he'd be an above average QB. 10-15 range.

I think he'll be a very good QB in the NFL. How good is hard to say. There will be a learning curve if he goes to a team with a traditional scheme. He definitely has the intelligence, character, and work ethic to learn what he needs to learn (by all accounts).

I think his ceiling is very high. He may not turn out to be great, but I'd be shocked if he flat out busted.

hey!!!

why so?

I don't want us to draft Mariota, but I think Payton's offense would be one that he could do well in.

But, like nola90 said, if we do draft Mariota...I would want him to sit behind Brees for a couple of years.

I don't want us to draft Mariota, but I think Payton's offense would be one that he could do well in.

But, like nola90 said, if we do draft Mariota...I would want him to sit behind Brees for a couple of years.

Why would y'all draft him? Y'all have way bigger needs and I doubt he'd be BPA for y'all if he's there Edited by PantherWake

Why would y'all draft him? Y'all have way bigger needs and I doubt he'd be BPA for y'all if he's there

I agree.

We have more pressing needs at this point.

At first I was skeptical about us going Oline at 13...but I think that would be what we go with if Scherff or Collins are available.

Why would y'all draft him? Y'all have way bigger needs and I doubt he'd be BPA for y'all if he's there

Thats a good question.

IF they do draft him, that question will be asked for the whole season.

The only way I can see it happening is if they KNOW they wont renegotiate a contract with Brees.

They also have to be comparing him to the talent of QB that will come out next season.

If they are building for the future, then Mariota may be the better pick over say Bud Dupree.