Evan Mathis?

@ByJimCorbett: Drew Rosenhaus is here at Arizona owners meetings looking for a team fit for Philadelphia Eagles G Evan Mathis who is on the trade block

- i know that I have mentioned this before, but why dont we give it a try. We have room for him and he will solify our O Line as left guard.

3/17/2012: Signed a five-year, $25 million contract. The deal contains $7 million guaranteed, including a $5 million signing bonus. Another $6.25 million is available through incentives. 2015: $5.5 million, 2016: $6 million, 2017: Free Agent

Personally I'm waiting on news for Stefen Wisniewski. Haven't seen anything on him in awhile. No new news has been made about him since the 13th.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll hopes the team can come to terms with free agent C Stefen Wisniewski.
"He’s a legitimate starter in the league. He really likes us and we liked him," Carroll said. "He’s a really solid football player and a smart kid. We’ll see where it goes." Wisniewski would be a solid replacement for Max Unger, who went the other way in the Jimmy Graham trade. Wisniewski will likely take other visits, but the Seahawks would undoubtedly give him the best opportunity to win after languishing in Oakland the first four years of his career. Mar 13 - 10:59 PM

ent

3216.jpg

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.

PFF's No. 1 guard in 2013 and No. 2 guard last season, we're not sure why the Eagles are so inclined to get rid of Mathis. The Eagles are between $7-8 million under the cap, so they're not desperate for money. Shedding the 33-year-old would save $4.5 million. At 6'5/298, Mathis is an athletic guard and would ideally land in another zone-blocking scheme. Mathis could probably be had for a fifth-round pick. The Rams and Dolphins were linked to him earlier this month.

Source: CSN Philly

Mar 23 - 8:46 PM

I mean, our OL is really young right now. Starters (except LG) are Matthews (23), Hawley (26), Asamoah (26), and Schraeder (26). Ignoring Baker since I think he could easily be a June 1st cut.

A vet with as much talent and experience as Mathis has would be great, esp since Guards are usually good for a really long time in the NFL. Think he could really teach our other OL a thing or two as well. I'm all for it.

the eagles are trying ot get a decent pick for him, thats why hes not been traded, not to mention money - also if they just release him, then he will get a decent payday and longer term contract which he also wants - i doubt we play ball if he hits the open market, but we are not giving a 3rd for this guy

I'd send them a 5th or 6th for him. He'd be a nice two year stopgap while they groom someone.

He's a proven commodity and should have at least one or two years of above-average play in him. His situation seems to mesh very well with our short-term need; but I don't feel our FO is the least interested. Maybe he doesn't have an extensive enough injury history?! tongue.png