No More Black Outs

The Wall Street Journal reports the league will no longer black out non-sold out games on local television for the 2015 season.

Per reporter Kevin Clark, the league will "evaluate how it goes after the season," but it's hard to see this policy coming back. It's been under fire for years including from Richard Nixon and was under attack in Congress as recently as December. It's an outdated policy for a game driven by television ratings.

Source: Kevin Clark on Twitter Mar 23 - 2:22 PM

In the 60's and early 70's one of my fondest memories was my Dad having my brother and myself jumping in the car... almost every Falcons home game.

We'd drive to my grandfather's house after a quick Waffle House breakfast and watch the game in Macon, GA where it wasn't blacked out.

Glad the league has evolved but I loved those memories.

In the 60's and early 70's one of my fondest memories was my Dad having my brother and myself jumping in the car... almost every Falcons home game.

We'd drive to my grandfather's house after a quick Waffle House breakfast and watch the game in Macon, GA where it wasn't blacked out.

Glad the league has evolved but I loved those memories.

That sounds really fun actually haha