Im Thinking We May Try To Trade Back In The Draft

especially if "our guy" is not there (whomever that may be) and pick up more picks. Im no draft guru , but i been thinking about this. The players that we have picked up in FA seem to be all 1 year band aids, with the exception of reed. Im thinking if our guy is not there at 8, and we get a trade partner with who ever, i can see us trading back, getting more picks, and drafting players to play behind these vets for a year, in hopes of 2016 they can step in and take over. Just a theory.

especially if "our guy" is not there (whomever that may be) and pick up more picks. Im no draft guru , but i been thinking about this. The players that we have picked up in FA seem to be all 1 year band aids, with the exception of reed. Im thinking if our guy is not there at 8, and we get a trade partner with who ever, i can see us trading back, getting more picks, and drafting players to play behind these vets for a year, in hopes of 2016 they can step in and take over. Just a theory.

<-------- you are aware of your avatar, right? look to your left - that will let you know if we are trading back or up.

havent traded back in 8 years, why start now

<-------- you are aware of your avatar, right? look to your left - that will let you know if we are trading back or up.

Yes I'm aware of TD's history....lol... but if that is what Quinn wants to do, then im sure it would be in TDs best interest to accomodate. Like i said, its just a theory with all of these 1 year contracts

If History holds true, I don't think we trade back ---- if anything, it's been TD's history to trade up!

Of course, Quinn wasn't here those years (or Piolitroff, either), so they could be the wild card in something like that.

I guess we'll see, in just over a month ---

Don't care to pigeon hole a guy at #8 or DE if he isn't the one. This team needs 3 starters from the draft almost no matter where they play. Too many positions in need of a serious upgrade. I do think Quinn squeezes every ounce of production out of the defense and 1-2 relatively unknowns become solid starters,and couple of others become solid contributors in rotation. Who will they be? I have no idea,but hope I've just become jaded towards the whole defense.

There's too much talent in the top of this draft for me to believe one of "our guys" won't be there. If we don't like the remaining pass rushers we'd have our pick of Safety, CB, OL, WR... there's gonna be someone we see as a slam dunk impact player available. Besides, PR is the strength of this draft.

Having said all that, there's no telling what a team might give up if one of the qb or wr fall to 8. While I doubt we are shopping the pick, I believe we could be tempted by someone willing to overpay.