Sharper Gets 9 Years In Arizona In Plea Deal...

treefiddy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a global plea deal that covered all four states with charges against him.

Where did you read this, because the article from ESPN seems to indicated that the 9 years is just the sentencing for the Arizona plea & there will be more to come from LA, NO, and Vegas?

doesnt look like its a global deal

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/darren-sharper-9-years-prison-arizona-rape-case-article-1.2159410

Only prosecutors in Nevada, where Sharper is scheduled to change his plea Tuesday, provided details of their part of the deal. There, he is expected to plead guilty to one felony charge of attempted sexual assault, with the expectation that he’ll face between 38 months and eight years in prison, Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told The Associated Press.

Where did you read this, because the article from ESPN seems to indicated that the 9 years is just the sentencing for the Arizona plea & there will be more to come from LA, NO, and Vegas?

Michael McCann:

Future law students will study Darren Sharper's "global plea deal" w/4 states turning possible life sentences into handful of years in jail.

If the public outcry is loud enough, I can't see this standing. 9 years on ONE rape count is light. I know a dude who got 35 years being involved in a robbery where someone else committed a rape during the robbery.

All it takes is for one judge in any of the four states to say 'no', and the deal is basically dead.

He pled No Contest in California? Dude has to be telling on someone about something. I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

yep he snitched to get that deal. No way they just offered that to get him to plea out.

Just further proof our justice system sucks and people with money get away with all kinds of ****. Josh brent is another example of bs justice for athletes. He should be in jail with sharper instead he is gearing up to start next season with the cowboys. His crimes go all but forgotten as long as he gets pressure or a tackle.