Who Is Our Starting Fs?

Kayoh

I have no idea, honestly. For me, I'd really like us to target Eric Rowe (I've been warming up on him immensely, his range and ability to read quarterbacks is already bordering on elite, great instincts and intelligence, and being a FS again would remove his propensity be grabby), but I'm not comfortable with him starting right out the gate either. Ideally we'd pick Lowery back up and have him start with Rowe right behind him for a season, maybe with limited playing time.

I like the idea of Southward as a CB too.

But yeah, our FS situation is awful rn.

I have no idea, honestly. For me, I'd really like us to target Eric Rowe (I've been warming up on him immensely, his range and ability to read quarterbacks is already bordering on elite, great instincts and intelligence, and being a FS again would remove his propensity be grabby), but I'm not comfortable with him starting right out the gate either. Ideally we'd pick Lowery back up and have him start with Rowe right behind him for a season, maybe with limited playing time.

I like the idea of Southward as a CB too.

But yeah, our FS situation is awful rn.

Yeah, I mean if we really need a FS Rowe or Ifo would both be great fits. Frankly I think Rowe would be amazing CB in Quinn's scheme though. We'd be lucky if either of them fell to our 3rd round pick though, and I'd prefer we spend our first 2 picks on DE/LEO/LB/LG.

Yeah, I mean if we really need a FS Rowe or Ifo would both be great fits. Frankly I think Rowe would be amazing CB in Quinn's scheme though. We'd be lucky if either of them fell to our 3rd round pick though, and I'd prefer we spend our first 2 picks on DE/LEO/LB/LG.

I almost think it's more likely Marpet would be available in the 3rd than Rowe, but I'm not sure. Could always trade up slightly. Curious on Rowe as a CB in Quinn's scheme, why do you say that? I do think he's better in press but I feel like he's sometimes a little slow to transition with receivers, hence the grabbiness. He can play both well regardless.

I almost think it's more likely Marpet would be available in the 3rd than Rowe, but I'm not sure. Could always trade up slightly. Curious on Rowe as a CB in Quinn's scheme, why do you say that? I do think he's better in press but I feel like he's sometimes a little slow to transition with receivers, hence the grabbiness. He can play both well regardless.

Rowe is literally the ideal physical specimen for Quinn's scheme. There are certain traits that Seattle has paid very close attention to in drafting their corners, it's like they're triangulating physical upside based on a few combine tests and size. It's height, wingspan, agility, lower body explosion, a bunch of stuff, and Rowe passes every test with flying colors. Plus, he's so freaking good in off man and so good at reading the QB's eyes, and that's something that Seattle's corners need to do as well.

KOG mentioned, via his "source," that Quinn thinks that he already has his FS on the roster, so take that for what you will.

Alford?

Rowe is literally the ideal physical specimen for Quinn's scheme. There are certain traits that Seattle has paid very close attention to in drafting their corners, it's like they're triangulating physical upside based on a few combine tests and size. It's height, wingspan, agility, lower body explosion, a bunch of stuff, and Rowe passes every test with flying colors. Plus, he's so freaking good in off man and so good at reading the QB's eyes, and that's something that Seattle's corners need to do as well.

100% agreed on how he reads the QB's eyes, that's why I like him as a FS so much. Either way I'd love for him to come to ATL, he fits the "versatility" motto and he's pretty much perfect on the athletic/physical/rangy front.

Alford?

100% agreed on how he reads the QB's eyes, that's why I like him as a FS so much. Either way I'd love for him to come to ATL, he fits the "versatility" motto and he's pretty much perfect on the athletic/physical/rangy front.

He didn't know. Basically, he's only been told general things, so we can only speculate.

I don't know but I'm glad we've moved on from Lowery. No upside. He's only going to be back if we strike out at FS in the draft or Quinn has a change of heart on who his FS should be on the roster.

I'm for Rowe, Shaw, Randall or even Holliman in the 5th/6th range. No, he isn't a physical tackler, but his ball skills are evident. I'd be willing to take a flier there.

I don't know but I'm glad we've moved on from Lowery. No upside. He's only going to be back if we strike out at FS in the draft or Quinn has a change of heart on who his FS should be on the roster.

I'm for Rowe, Shaw, Randall or even Holliman in the 5th/6th range. No, he isn't a physical tackler, but his ball skills are evident. I'd be willing to take a flier there.

Holliman would be worse than 2013 DeCoud

I 100% agree that our FS is on our roster whether its Godfrey, Southward, or maybe Alford. I don't see us going for a FS in the first 3 maybe 4 rounds if at all. And as far as Dwight Lowery goes, he played legit last year. Played a ton of snaps and i thought he played well, but he doesn't have near enough range to play a full time center fielder role. So as much as i like him, he just doesn't fit.