as I understood it when they first talked about it, there were 2 possibilities being discussed.

1)score a touchdown it's an automatic 7 or team can make it more challenging and go for 2.

2)kick extra points from the 15 or 18 yard line(can't remember) so it wouldn't be so easy to get the point

Okay thank you bro. I wouldn't mind them pushing it back to the 15 or 18 or even 20 yard line to make it more difficult. Outdoor stadiums would play a factor on extra points then whether it be windy or not. I just don't like the idea of taking away part of the kickers duty.

On NFL network they discussed one proposal that actually involved giving any team that tried a 2pt. conversion and succeeded the option of attempting a 50yd. bonus extra pt. on top of that but if it was missed the other team would get the ball at the spot of the kick.

On NFL network they discussed one proposal that actually involved giving any team that tried a 2pt. conversion and succeeded the option of attempting a 50yd. bonus extra pt. on top of that but if it was missed the other team would get the ball at the spot of the kick.

Now that's just dumb

Exactly NCAA OT is exhausting to watch. I personally preferred it where a FG would end it. Now people want a TD not to end it? Terrible.

yep. I wouldn't have minded a fg ending it as well but I can kinda understand the willingness to give both teams a shot in that scenario. But if a team can't stop the opponent from scoring a touchdown when it counts the most, they really don't deserve another shot imo

Games have been won and lost by extra kicks (notably us vs Jags), or gone to overtime. Playoff teams have been decided by extra points. It's an integral part of the game; why do they have to keep fking with shyte!???

FIRE GOODELL!! The owners may point to the money they're making and the popularity of the NFL as reason to keep him, but they'd be wrong! The NFL is AWESOME, and will thrive regardless because it's so dang awesome. The NFL is growing IN SPITE OF Herr Goodell, not because of him!

angry.pngangry.pngangry.png

Exactly NCAA OT is exhausting to watch. I personally preferred it where a FG would end it. Now people want a TD not to end it? Terrible.

The NCAA OT is like solving a tie after 9 innings in baseball by playing homerun derby. It's completely ludicrous. I feel the same way about the shoot out in hockey. At least play the sport as originally intended and don't turn it into a skills competition. I think the NFL has it right as it is now for the OT. I would hate to see them go away from that. I also disagree with changing what is the current operation but I don't make that call and I don't naturally consider my opinion to be all knowing I just can see the OT change proposal garnering more support than the extra point proposal. (At least the ones I've heard about)

Idiots will keep fkng around and around with the integrity of the game until nobody will even care anymore ...smh...

That's because they're trying to change it for the benefit of those who don't care about the integrity of the sport....soccer fans in Europe! The NFL has reached a point of diminishing returns. They've hit the wall as far as how much money can be extracted from the American fan and they see their only option as foreign expansion. Untapped markets with ready made stadiums that can hold 100+ thousand and a virgin TV market for the sport. They're going to set sail for the 'New World' only this time that 'New World' is back the other way.