Mock Draft 3.0 !

Adam25

2015 Mock Draft 3.0

Atlanta Falcons

Free Agent Signings

On top of the players we signed I think will add one more vet to take care of one need before the draft.

Stefen Wisniewski C/OG
-Wisniewski is a 25 year old C that has the ability to play guard as well, he is much needed on the OL and with many needs still he would be a breath of fresh air for the OL and Matt Ryan, it gives us one less need in the draft and allows us to be a little more flexible when we draft.

2015 NFL Draft

1st Rd, Pick 8:

DE/OLB Shane Ray, Missouri:

- Terrific edge player, plays with speed and power and has a few pass rush moves. He’s currently working with Chuck Smith so you should see an even better Ray come training camp. I think he fits the LEO role quiet well and Quinn will have fun with him placing him in spots to succeed and get to the QB. Has taken a lot of heat for his pro day, I personally feel his injury caused him to have the bad day, I think he’s extremely athletic and will show us how good he is by putting up 10 sacks his rookie season !

2nd Rd, Pick 10

ILB Erick Kendricks, UCLA:

-The obvious connection of Ulbrich and Kendricks makes this one easy if Kendricks is there. Kendricks is an explosive playmaker that brings it all three downs. He can cover and he can attack in the run game, Quinn turns him into his version of Bobby Wagner. I like him as our ILB and paired with Durant and Reed it should give us a HUGE upgrade to our LB core.

3rd Rd, Pick 8

RB David Cobb, Minnesota:

-
Physical downhill runner who would excel in a gap scheme, luckily, ATL will be running the ZBS and he would be a perfect fit. He has the bruiser type mentality that we need to compliment Freeman. Also, if Freeman ever went down I’d feel confident in Cobb’s ability to carry the load at RB for us.

4th Rd, Pick 8

WR Ty Montgomery, Stanford:

- Definitely has to be developed, but I feel like his big frame and his playmaking ability would come in hand for us as a 4th WR in his first year. I feel like under Robiskies watch, Julio and Roddy’s work ethic that Montgomery could be our future number 2 WR. Shows speed in game and makes some dynamic catches, he’s also a solid target in the red zone.

5th Rd, Pick 8

FS Kurtis Drummond, Michigan St:

- A bit of a project, but I think he can come in and battle Southward/Godfrey for the FS. He is solid in zone coverage and is a good tackler one-on-one. Shows some range on tape, but can get caught second guessing his self. He needs to develop a bit but he definitely has an upside as a ball hawk FS, 14 career ints in 4 seasons at MSU so he is a guy who creates turnovers, just has to get his potential tapped.

6th Rd, Pick 8

TE Nick Boyle, Delaware:

- After having a solid showing at the senior bowl Boyle has raised his draft stock a bit, he’s a big bodied TE who can contribute early in the run game as a blocking TE. His receiving skills are unpolished, under Wade Harmen we could see him develop nicely !

7th Rd, Pick 8

C Mark Garcia, Florida:

-Another guy I liked at the senior bowl and even more after I watched some tape on him. Can be an anchor on the OL and could be someone that goes late and has the potential to be a starter. Stone was decent in his rookie year, but I doubt he will be handed the starting job.

I think that Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler and Gregory will be gone when we pick, but I am fine with Ray at 8, I feel like with this draft is gives Quinn and company a solid versatile draft class that can fill out and battle for some playing time. Kendricks can be a real player in Quinn’s defense and could really flourish with improvement from our DL. Let me know what you think guys, I’m planning on doing a last one before the draft as well !

Only pick i dont like is Montgomery as well.. Hardy has been slipping as of late.. if he's there hopefully we take him.. like the draft otherwise though..also instead of Boyle, how about Wes Saxton? we have enough big bodies at TE for now, would really like to take a flier on one that can stretch the field...