It Just Kills Me When I Read This....

It's the past, I know, I know! The old saying "Would've, could've, should've" I wish we would've drafted Revis or Willis.

A small portion of an ARTICLE on JA's ego, etc... on NFL.COM

Atlanta took Anderson over Darrelle Revis and Patrick Willis, and while he'll forever be a victim of that circumstance, and forever thought of in that situation, he feels like a different player now. He is beyond the moment when he washed out with the Atlanta Falcons after only four sacks and beyond his brief stints with the Colts, Bengals and Bears.

7.5 total sacks, hopefully we will draft a player that will have at least that in his first season!

Anderson is simply a fellow human being that was grossly overestimated is his ability to transition to the NFL. It has happened before and will happen again.

He seems like a very nice man of whom I hold no grudge or ill will. It is not his fault those whom drafted him so high and paid him so handsomely were utter, unabashed idiots.

I remember that draft. My top 5 were Calvin, AP, Patrick Willis,Jamaal Anderson, and Gaines Adams. I figured we had no chance at Calvin but I really wanted AP. I was devastated he was taken one pick before us. Then Willis, man I remember I had a friend in HS who was a huge Ole Miss fan and told me about the guy and I think I watched his next couple of games and Willis was everywhere. Then for a pass rusher I liked Anderson more for the LE role but I never thought he would have flamed out like he did with JA on one side and Babs in the middle.

Willis isn't in the league anymore either so.... its kinda pointless to bring up at this point.

Like I said, would've, should've, could've. I know we didn't and maybe it's pointless but....

Jamaal Anderson's career-

132 tackles, 7.5 sacks and 2 FF

Patrick Willis-

950 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 16 FF and 8 picks

I'll take Willis and his sudden retirement over JA any day.

Anderson is simply a fellow human being that was grossly overestimated is his ability to transition to the NFL. It has happened before and will happen again.

He seems like a very nice man of whom I hold no grudge or ill will. It is not his fault those whom drafted him so high and paid him so handsomely were utter, unabashed idiots.

Exactly the way I feel about Biermann too. Not his fault Nolan put him out there when he didn't have his legs under him, or that the FO never got anybody better to take his place.

Could you imagine the NFCC if we had Willis?...

And the 49ers didn't? Yeah, would have been nice.

It's the past, I know, I know! The old saying "Would've, could've, should've" I wish we would've drafted Revis or Willis.

A small portion of an ARTICLE on JA's ego, etc... on NFL.COM

Atlanta took Anderson over Darrelle Revis and Patrick Willis, and while he'll forever be a victim of that circumstance, and forever thought of in that situation, he feels like a different player now. He is beyond the moment when he washed out with the Atlanta Falcons after only four sacks and beyond his brief stints with the Colts, Bengals and Bears.

7.5 total sacks, hopefully we will draft a player that will have at least that in his first season!

This always happens to us you know why? Because we are the Falcons smh!!

We never learn from our mistakes we don't know how to draft, develope talent, we always sign older guys! We are a team of bad luck!

And with all the Shane Ray nutt huggers on this board looks like we might be heading in the wrong direction again! Top 10 pick going on a stiff 6'3 245 lb DE named Shane Ray who I think is not even close to Vic Beasley or fowler jr. I really hope our draft doesn't play out the way i think it will. Not speaking like I know everything I just have a bad gut feeling about Shane Ray and its a "AVERAGE , 6 - 7 sack a year maybe 9 on a good year type player" and Ive been a Falcons fan since 1997! And every time I had a bad feeling about a player in the draft (peria jerry, Jamal Anderson, jimmy Williams , Sam baker,) idk they always end up pretty average we always miss except the obvious (Matt Ryan, Julio, Desmond trufant , jake mattews) I hope we do better this year man!

Edited by GvGrizzy

Willis isn't in the league anymore either so.... its kinda pointless to bring up at this point.

Yeah, but he had far away more of an impact with the 9ners than JA could have even imagined. Wasted pick right there. I remember trying to be optimistic about it, but I had my doubts.

What can we learn specifically from the JA bust in hindsight? Can we pinpoint the indicators we should have seen to know he'd be a bust? Or, can we even articulate why he was a bust?

JA98 got most of his college career sacks because of scheme. Most of his sacks came from stunts.

Willis was #1 on my board that year. You just knew the dude had it, played lights out with any injury and did it throughout his NFL career too.

Drafting for need is usually a sign of pending doom. This year, there are quite a few pass rushing prospects. Im sure Quinn and Morris have done their homework and have a decent Idea who we will draft there. I will go out on a limb (however short) and state that we will draft the least likely of the pass rushers. In my mind Wr are going to go Gregory. Hunch.

What can we learn specifically from the JA bust in hindsight? Can we pinpoint the indicators we should have seen to know he'd be a bust? Or, can we even articulate why he was a bust?

Put Simply smart GMs draft BPA with their first pick and not need. You use FA to fill holes in your roster and later round picks to a lesser degree. But the draft should be BPA. Anderson was in noones top 10 draft board for overall players. But because we didn't resign Kerney, McKay firced himself into drafting a DE and the 2nd rated DE after Adams was JA. He would have been lucky to be top 20 in most GM's board. TD tends to draft for needs also in the first (Ryan, baker, spoon, Tru). I can only hope because we need so many starters (TE, DE, Mlb, OG, FS) that he can select his need player as he tends to do and by default just happens to be BPA.