Why Fans Should Be Patient

I don't get why Dave thinks Julio is going to get anywhere near $18MM per year. It's based on nothing. Nobody is Calvin. That's 150% of the franchise tag. He may get $14MM per, which is a lot, but more manageable. That's a 6yr $84MM deal.

I don't think Tru gets $14MM neither. He's not Revis nor Sherman right now. There are only 6 corners making over $10MM per year, with Maxwell being the most recent member.

I wish we'd go ahead and extend Julio this offseason so we can 1) front load the contract and 2) get him for about 15.5M annually as opposed to 18-19M/year if we wait and he goes off next season again, which he will if he stays healthy

That said I understand why they want to wait and make sure he can stay healthy this season

Love watching Julio play, but I'm still not convinced we should be handing that much to a WR.

Ditto.

NO WR can ever make that much of a difference.

Ever.

Get a team of YOUNG, HUNGRY very good players......who are PROPERLY coached......and you can do wonders.

This new Falcon regime will not waste $$$$$.

They have a different plan than following the herd.

I wish we'd go ahead and extend Julio this offseason so we can 1) front load the contract and 2) get him for about 15.5M annually as opposed to 18-19M/year if we wait and he goes off next season again, which he will if he stays healthy

That said I understand why they want to wait and make sure he can stay healthy this season

No, no, no!!!!. Please no. Let him play out his contract, give him a Dimi lowball offer next year. If he doesn't like it, franchise him. Or let him walk if the FO has finally figured out he is not the key to a Lombardi. Buddy beasted the last two years. At a Top 3 level. We went 10-22 folks during those two years. Because our team was weak in many other areas. Spend the money to fix the engine and upgrade the tires. Then and only then add the hood ornament. Don't make two mistakes on Julio. We need to prepare to change out our WR unit in case we lose him or Roddy, Hester and Weems succumb to Father Time.

No, no, no!!!!. Please no. Let him play out his contract, give him a Dimi lowball offer next year. If he doesn't like it, franchise him. Or let him walk if the FO has finally figured out he is not the key to a Lombardi. Buddy beasted the last two years. At a Top 3 level. We went 10-22 folks during those two years. Because our team was weak in many other areas. Spend the money to fix the engine and upgrade the tires. Then and only then add the hood ornament. Don't make two mistakes on Julio. We need to prepare to change out our WR unit in case we lose him or Roddy, Hester and Weems succumb to Father Time.

The second mistake would be letting him walk after 5 years after giving up 5 picks for him. Front loading his contract means his cap hits in the future are around the 12-13M range which is more than manageable

The second mistake would be letting him walk after 5 years after giving up 5 picks for him. Front loading his contract means his cap hits in the future are around the 12-13M range which is more than manageable

No the second mistake would be paying an ornament big money when he just proved that in all his beastlinest we could end up at 10-22 if we don't spend that money to fix our dam team. We were already at a $85M offense to $22M defense split and yall mofos wanna go deeper. Jeez.

No the second mistake would be paying an ornament big money when he just proved that in all his beastlinest we could end up at 10-22 if we don't spend that money to fix our dam team. We were already at a $85M offense to $22M defense split and yall mofos wanna go deeper. Jeez.

Poor drafting put us at 10-22.

The first mistake was drafting him.

The first mistake was giving up 5 picks to move up and draft him

I love watching Julio as much as the next guy, but he's right ^^^

The flaw in the argument for letting Julio go, is that it assumes that you can easily invest the $15m or so a season you save in high quality defensive players. The reality, as we've seen this year, is that there are very slim picking in FA and any talent is grossly overpaid. The money we 'd save, might get us 1 top defensive free agent, who may bust and - based on recent experience or big name defenisve free agents almost certainly won't be a difference maker.

Teams rarely let their best players leave via free agency after their rookie deals, including "shiny hood ornaments". This year's free agency crop is good evidence of that.

The only sensible arguments for letting Julio Jones go, are if health concerns make his contract much of a risk going forward, or if someone else is willing to give make you a really good trade offer.

Julio's not going to get $18 mil per year IMO, and even if he does, it won't be $18 mil against the cap every year. Calvin signed a $16 million per year contract, and his cap hit averaged $11 mil for the first 3 years of that contract. He's unlikely to see all of the money that would actually make it $16 mil per year unless he restructures to make it more cap-friendly, IMO.

Julio's cap hit is $10 million this year and about $6 mil for Roddy, and we're fine with the cap. If Julio got the exact same deal as Calvin, he'd average $11 mil over the first 3 years, after which Roddy will be gone and could be replaced by an inexpensive draft pick.

I say lock him up soon before the WR market gets out of control.

Ditto.

NO WR can ever make that much of a difference.

Ever.

Get a team of YOUNG, HUNGRY very good players......who are PROPERLY coached......and you can do wonders.

This new Falcon regime will not waste $$$$$.

They have a different plan than following the herd.

And, he could get hurt again. Then what do you have for your money?

I don't get why Dave thinks Julio is going to get anywhere near $18MM per year. It's based on nothing. Nobody is Calvin. That's 150% of the franchise tag. He may get $14MM per, which is a lot, but more manageable. That's a 6yr $84MM deal.

I don't think Tru gets $14MM neither. He's not Revis nor Sherman right now. There are only 6 corners making over $10MM per year, with Maxwell being the most recent member.

lol that's the number I posted last week. And that was based on if he does good and had no injuries. Just like baker, biermann, moore did.

I agree. Julio's stats don't align him with 18 mil a year. He's great and all that, but injury has limited what could have been monster years. Not to mention, that foot makes him damaged goods. I love Julio, and I'm all for the big workhorse stars getting the big money, but Julio always seems to play in a manner in which a major injury is always about to happen. Give the man his money but limit the years you do it for, because he'll be all used up sooner rather than later.