James Winston Skipping Draft Day?

NawlinsLady

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/21/so-whose-idea-was-it-for-jameis-winston-to-pass-on-the-draft/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Just saw this snippet and thought I would share. Does anyone remember something like this happening?

From a potential #1 pick? Nah, guess he'd rather chill at the crib and bbq though. It's not a big deal to me.

It just struck me strange. Is Goodell going to accept the jersey for him, like at the Oscars or Emmys when the winner is a no-show?

Lol I'm guessing it's like every other no show at the draft. They don't even show Goodell post the announcement, just the player himself(at home) and his highlights. Edited by BayouBengalz

Lol I'm guessing it's like every other no show at the draft. They don't even show Goodell post the announcement, just the player himself(at home) and his highlights.

Won't Goodell love that, skipping right to the second draft of the season, leaving everyone going, where's Winston?? Unless, as was stated in the article, Goodell doesn't want him there! This bodes for a very interesting night!

Won't Goodell love that, skipping right to the second draft of the season, leaving everyone going, where's Winston?? Unless, as was stated in the article, Goodell doesn't want him there! This bodes for a very interesting night!

I doubt Goody enjoys interacting with any of the players and participating in those awkward hand shakes.

Now the the theories being thrown around that Goodell asked him not to come, because there are gonna be too many boos reigning down on him, and he doesn't want to share the negative limelight with Winston.laugh.png

I say leave the kid alone! If he doesn't want to go, that's HIS business!

Now the the theories being thrown around that Goodell asked him not to come, because there are gonna be too many boos reigning down on him, and he doesn't want to share the negative limelight with Winston.:lol:

I say leave the kid alone! If he doesn't want to go, that's HIS business!

^^^^

I hear the same things, the NFL doesn't want Winston or any of his "bad publicity" diminishing rodgers "draft show".

God knows the genius that man is...

His legal troubles seem to be behind him and those other petty little things mean nothing in the scheme of things. Hey, if you want to pass on a potential franchise QB because he stole some soda/used a BB gun/or said something stupid and vulgar then go ahead. Guy will be a stud if he keeps out of trouble.

His legal troubles seem to be behind him and those other petty little things mean nothing in the scheme of things. Hey, if you want to pass on a potential franchise QB because he stole some soda/used a BB gun/or said something stupid and vulgar then go ahead. Guy will be a stud if he keeps out of trouble.

^^This... The past 2 seasons, I've seen Jameis mature A LOT. Compared to the Jameis that arrived at FSU, to the potential #1 pick Famous Jameis... Totally different person..

His leadership on the field is unmatched. Even as a freshman, we was in SR's facemask... If he wasnt happy with the execution of the play, he let you know.

Plus his football IQ is astonishing!!

My wife and I have raised four fine daughters, one of which attended FSU in the late 90's. I say this because my wife in discussions with other women at her workplace informed me that some of the girls at work were telling her that it was Winston's ACCUSER that actually yelled at the others in the room to GET OUT, so they could be alone in the room where the ALLEGED rape took place. It's pretty obvious this young lady, with the support of her parents see a real gold mine here. I appreciate the fact that Jameis is doing nothing to give in to this blatant MONEY GRAB! In fact, I hope once he's drafted and gets his professional career on its way.....he sues the living heII outta her and her money grubbing parents!

Date Rape on college campuses is a very, very serious issue, and it sickens me that these people have the unmitigated gall to try and make a public display like this.