I'm Starting To Think We Have Very Little Shot At One Of The Top Edge Rushers

I'm telling yall, we are in the worst position in the top 8.

We have the worst pass rush in the league and no starter on either side of the line. And how does this draft reward us? By having us pick between the scraps that are left over. ****, there might not be a pass rusher available that the front office really likes.

And god forbid we end up with a reciever or an offensive lineman with the first pick. The meltdowns should be something to see.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the run on rushers begins that soon, we may not find one in the first round at all unless we take somebody (Dupree?) way sooner than he's projected. If we trade down, we can get scooped by another team aware of what we need. That's what Dallas did last year when it looked as if we were going to draft DeMarcus Lawrence. But I wouldn't mind a trade down to no lower than 12.

I've been saying for some time I feel the top 4 pass rushers will be gone before we pick at #8. I don't know who we'll go for, but knowing TD, we aren't going to be trading out of the pick and we may go a totally different pick than DE/OLB. Hopefully Quinn will prevent that from happening.

I just can't seem to like him. I keep watching his games and I just find him to be a pedestrian pass rusher. Great athlete as the combine proved. But I just don't like him..but you could be right

Exactly. Everybody here that seems to like him can't seem to point me in the direction of his games or where his combine stats show up on film. It's all combine lust and what they read elsewhere. Not the tape.

To have a top 10 edge rusher available @ 8 we need is for two of these three to go before we pick @ 8: Mariota, White or Cooper. Hoping Beasley & not Gregory is still on the board for us.

No real particular order

1. Jameis Winston
  2. Marcus Mariota
  3. Dante Fowler
  4. Leonard Williams
  5. Shane Ray
  6. Randy Gregory
  7. Kevin White / A Cooper
  8. Vic Beasley

If it shakes out the way you fear OP, then (trade down to10-12 if possible) take Dupree, jmo.

He fits what the Falcons look for & is a frealk athlete that can be coached up by Q. & Co.

Sherff isn't a safe pick they don't get much safer on paper than jake matthews was last year and just look at him he had a horrible year ranking out as one of if not the worst tackles in football last year given up double digit sacks and a ton of pressures

I'm sure that had nothing to do with him playing all season on a bum ankle. :rolleyes:

Now I have two questions if draft falls like this:

1) who do you pick? (This kinda repeats an earlier post)

2) who out of the second tier edge guys do you pick later in draft?

My answers:

1) Landon Collins

2) Danielle Hunter

If that happens, I hope Cleveland calls us to move up for Cooper.

So hard to say right now, wouldn't be surprised if one of the teams before us took Sherff as the safe pick, or if one of them loved Dupree's potential so much they took him, think the Redskins and the Raiders desperately need offensive playmakers so that Cooper and or White could be in play-Cooper AND White would be great.

Somebody in the first 7 may go retro on us and take Gurley- he would have been a top 10 pick before the injury and they may figure that he'll never make it to the top of the second round.

Think Msalmon, that you're trying to be objective and you've veered off into just projecting the worst possible outcome. Don't mean that in a mean way, just something I see a lot of folks here doing.

Think it's very possible for the Tackle to go before the Falcon pick, as well as the WR, plus haven't had a WTF pick in the first 5 for a year or two- we're due.

Going to be a really talented player or a chance to trade down at 8.

This entire thread seems to filled with doom and gloomers unfortunately. It's especially weird, since their proposed scenario isn't any more likely than one where only 2 edge rushers are taken. People just want to panic I guess. shrug.001.gif

So hard to say right now, wouldn't be surprised if one of the teams before us took Sherff as the safe pick, or if one of them loved Dupree's potential so much they took him, think the Redskins and the Raiders desperately need offensive playmakers so that Cooper and or White could be in play-Cooper AND White would be great.

Somebody in the first 7 may go retro on us and take Gurley- he would have been a top 10 pick before the injury and they may figure that he'll never make it to the top of the second round.

Think Msalmon, that you're trying to be objective and you've veered off into just projecting the worst possible outcome. Don't mean that in a mean way, just something I see a lot of folks here doing.

Think it's very possible for the Tackle to go before the Falcon pick, as well as the WR, plus haven't had a WTF pick in the first 5 for a year or two- we're due.

Going to be a really talented player or a chance to trade down at 8.

Yea, I would not be surprised to see Cooper/White and Scherff in the mix. Even Shelton. The Bears don't really make sense taking a pass rusher. They have McPhee, Allen and McLellin. Even read they were looking at standing Houston up.

That puts pass rushers in my opinion going to JAX/NYJ. TB=QB. TEN=QB. JAX=Pass Rusher. OAK=WR. WAS=OT. NYJ=Pass Rusher. CHI=NT/WR.

Look at WAS OL. Not good. Especially when you're depending on Mr. Glass to play QB. They could go pass rusher, but they have a lead dog in Kerrigan. They have only two good OL in Williams and Lichtensteiger.

Very possible only two pass rushers go. I think Fowler is one of them. We just need somebody to fall in love with Gregory/Dupree/Ray over Beasley.

Trading up a couple spots isn't out of the questions. It won't cost as much as say 6th to 1st. I can't really see an ,aggressive defensive minded, coach like Quinn sitting back on mediocre talent forever being it's his first year as a head coach. He also needs someone exciting for the fans to come see. Given everyone and there mom's know we need a pass rusher.

This entire thread seems to filled with doom and gloomers unfortunately. It's especially weird, since their proposed scenario isn't any more likely than one where only 2 edge rushers are taken. People just want to panic I guess. shrug.001.gif

Great point. One thing we see even here on our boards is, "Is So and So Player worth our #8 pick?" Well, I'm sure other teams have the same discussion... and likely don't NEED rushers like we do; likely, some of them will value a BPA (like an Oline or WR) over what they might consider a mid-tier pass rusher with a valuable top ten pick.

If we don't think Player X is worth the 8 pick, what makes you think a team with a higher pick values them at 4, or 6?

We'll get a guy we need at 8...

Yea, I would not be surprised to see Cooper/White and Scherff in the mix. Even Shelton. The Bears don't really make sense taking a pass rusher. They have McPhee, Allen and McLellin. Even read they were looking at standing Houston up.

That puts pass rushers in my opinion going to JAX/NYJ. TB=QB. TEN=QB. JAX=Pass Rusher. OAK=WR. WAS=OT. NYJ=Pass Rusher. CHI=NT/WR.

Look at WAS OL. Not good. Especially when you're depending on Mr. Glass to play QB. They could go pass rusher, but they have a lead dog in Kerrigan. They have only two good OL in Williams and Lichtensteiger.

Very possible only two pass rushers go. I think Fowler is one of them. We just need somebody to fall in love with Gregory/Dupree/Ray over Beasley.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see a CB go before us. It seems less likely now, but there secondary needs above us, and it only take one team, falling in love with a prospect, for it to happen.

So take a wr and then trade the rest of our draft? Not sure if srs

I don't mean trade back up to the 9th pick , Even if we didn't trade at all we could still have a great draft.. White is one amazing weapon.. We could get a great RB with our 2nd or 3rd rd pick.. But I think White will be picked before 8 and I do believe there will be a good DE at 8, I just don't want Gregory ... Not for his play, but bc of off field issues.